The ASIC's thread

pjlippert

Cathlete
Hi all- somebody just recently posted about the perfect ASIC Gel shoes- I can't find the thread- what were the styles?

Thanks!
Pam

I remember that thread! The original poster was loving the Asics Gel Intensity 2. Personally, I have the first Asics Gel Intensity and I love them, so I'm sure the 2s are also great. They are cross-trainers with fantastic support and cushioning for super high-impact workouts. I used to wear only Rykas, but the newer models all seem to have less cushioning and support than I remember. I started getting horrible shooting pains in my arches when doing plie jacks and other similar moves. The Intensity has erased those. I'm actually on my second pair!

I remember that thread! The original poster was loving the Asics Gel Intensity 2. Personally, I have the first Asics Gel Intensity and I love them, so I'm sure the 2s are also great. They are cross-trainers with fantastic support and cushioning for super high-impact workouts. I used to wear only Rykas, but the newer models all seem to have less cushioning and support than I remember. I started getting horrible shooting pains in my arches when doing plie jacks and other similar moves. The Intensity has erased those. I'm actually on my second pair!

I second the Gel Intensity 2 recommendation. Unfortunately, I am not blessed biomechanically, so I have to wear supportive shoes. Asics are the only athletic shoes that I buy now. I use Superfeet pink insoles with them (as directed by my orthopedist).

Tootles, I found the same decline in quality with the Rykas. Back in the day, they were the go-to sneakers for high impact aerobics. Not so any longer.

I posted to that one and also like the Gel Intensity 2, was a previous fan of the original!

They are the only ones in which I can do high impact without any issues.

Lisa

Awesome!! Thank you! I went to shop for them and there were about a half dozen Gel's.... I got confused! :eek::rolleyes::D:p

Pam

Hi Pam,
I have the Gel Intensity 2 and I think they are pretty good for high impact. However, I was looking for a shoe with even more cushion and finally found it in the New Balance 877. If you need/want a lot of cushion, these have more than the Asics. The Asics have more grip on my wood floor, however, so if I need that extra stability, I'll use them instead of the NB pair.

Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.