Thanks..kathryn,runcrazy,claremc

groundhog

Cathlete
hey ladies thanks for the loreal wrinkle decrease suggestion you gave me a while back..got my sample (nice sample too, glass jar lasted me like a week and a half) Anyway, after two weeks I am noticing the forehead and mouth to nose lines disappering by like 70%. I know its a mediocore thing, but it bothered me, it makes looking in the mirror not as harsh...thanks ..you rock

I'm glad it's working for you because I really like it too! I've really been able to notice a difference since I started using it (I think I started in May) and I've been very consistent. Happy moisturizing! :7 :7 :7

Jo

Now just get a bunch of your friends and family members (who aren't interested in the product) to get more samples for you. (Though they might wonder why "Jack," "Bob," "George," and "Frank" are so interested in this product!

70%? Sounds quite good to me. I guess I should use the sample I got more consistently!

the coupon is for 5.00 off, the cream costs about 18.00 at walmart, its a good sized sample too...bubuy wrinkles..haha

As far as animal testing..I hope not!!

>Hi Kathryn,
>
>I hate to tell you this, but I am almost certain that L'oreal
>and it's subsidiaries allow their products to be tested on
>animals.
>
>http://www.allforanimals.com/cruel1.htm
>
>http://www.navs.org/testing/whois.cfm?SectionID=Testing
>
>(type in "l'oreal" and the results are "questionable")
>
>Gina :(

Those @(#$&@! I thought they'd stopped that? I think I'll play it safe and stick with Ecco Bella products (including their *yummy* chocolate face mask! With real cocoa powder in!).

Thanks for the heads up!

>chocolate face mask??:9 :9 :9 Fill us all in, sounds yummy
>and calorie free..haha

It SMELLS very yummy, like rich, creamy chocolat, but I've resisted the temptation to lick! The main ingredients are aloe, cocoa powder, and some kind of clay. Supposedly the antioxidants in cocoa, which are even more potent than those is green tea, are very beneficial for the skin.

Though it does make you look like Al Jolson in black face when you put it on. Definitely NOT something to answer the door in!

Gina, I tried clicking on the URL's for those web sites, and I get a "page not found" for both. ? But I did find this info from PETA:

"In November 2000 we were provided with evidence that L'Oreal has
requested animal-test data on at least one ingredient from an ingredient
supplier, as well as other L'Oreal statements in which it confirms only
that it does not test finished products on animals, with no mention of
ingredient testing. It also came to our attention that an animal rights
group in England, Naturewatch, had started a L'Oreal campaign because of
the possible testing of ingredients on animals.

After twice faxing the company regarding these documents, we received no
response. While we have no definitive evidence that L'Oreal is indeed
testing ingredients, its silence coupled with the information we have
lead us to believe that L'Oreal is probably not cruelty-free.

We therefore decided to remove L'Oreal and all of its companies
(Garnier, Lancome, Matrix Essentials, Maybelline, Ralph Lauren
Fragrances and Redken) from our cruelty-free lists. L'Oreal has beenv moved the "Do Test" list. "

Seems like L'Oreal, like many other companies, does not test its finished products on animals, but does have others test the ingredients.

I'll be writing them, saying that I really liked the free sample of Wrinkle Decrease, and had intended to buy the product, but since I have discovered their animal testing policies, I will not be buying their products.
:(

Once the website pops up, where do you click for the sample and coupon? I swear I scoured the entire L'Oreal site yesterday and couldn't come up with anything useful! Damned annoying. Help??????

And to the original, grateful poster: YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

Clare

I can't seem to find the free sample or the $5 off coupon. I saw a $3 one for another of their products, but not the product mentioned here. I am VERY interested, so help me as well!!!

Teresa

I hadn't looked at Ecco Bella's stuff in awhile. I had to see this Chocolate mask. Looks yummy!

Did you see they now have a Beauty Bliss chocolate bar (edible) also? It's supposed to be packed full of minerals and herbal 'stuff' and taste only like Swiss chocolate! Hmmmm...

That would keep me from licking the mask off my face, anyway.:+

I love their Sacred Oil for my dry skin.

Hi Kathryn,

You may want to try copying and pasting the links instead of clicking on them. That usually works for me when the links don't work.

I can't believe that L'Oreal still hasn't stopped the stupidity. If Estee Lauder and its dozens of companies can do it, why can't they? I don't appreciate that they refuse to clarify, either.

I'm glad you are writing to them, and I hope you find a good alternative!

Gina

>Did you see they now have a Beauty Bliss chocolate bar
>(edible) also? It's supposed to be packed full of minerals
>and herbal 'stuff' and taste only like Swiss chocolate!
>Hmmmm...
>
>That would keep me from licking the mask off my face,
>anyway.:+
>
>I love their Sacred Oil for my dry skin.

I got a sample of the bar (a small one) when I requested info through Vegetarian Times magazine. It was pretty good, so I ordered some when I got my mask (in addition to the free bar, and 5 free small bars, and beverage sample you can now get when you order the mask). I use the little bars as nutritious snacks. But there is only 55% cocoa in them (something I hadn't noticed before ordering) whereas several of the dark chocolate bars in my local health food store have 70% or more (the 77% cocoa one may be too intense! But then I probably wouldn't be tempted to eat much of it.)

I think loreal canceled the coupon deal cuz I went on there to see how to get it for you who were having problems and it is not popping up now..sorryx( that bites

I just wrote to L'Oréal (in English AND French, so they doubly get the message!) and found a possible alternative: Principal Secret. They have a new line that is supposed to decrease wrinkles by relaxing expression lines (which is what L'Oreal Wrinkle Decrease does), and they are cruelty free. I just picked up a started kit at QVC for around $29.

Awesome, Kathryn! I think I may put a letter in the mail, also. I like some Lancome and Redken products, but I won't use them since they are not certified cruelty-free.

I've watched Victoria Principal on QVC, and her line seems impressive. That argiriline? she talks about is interesting. I hope it works out for you.

Gina

I got a response from L'Oreal, the same one you will get if you write to them, I'm sure, and it's rather misleading. They state that they have not tested their products (notice the "they" and "products") on animals since 1989. It's very specific claims like this that are misleading. (ie: "X company does not conduct animal testing" usually means "we pay someone else to do it." "Not tested on animals" means "this specific finished product was not tested on animals, but the individual ingredients may have been." Only "No animal testing" and "Against animal testing" or "X does not conduct or endorse animal testing" or "Vegan" on the label seem to indicate no animal tests.)

I wrote them back about the ingredients testing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.