Thankful 40's+

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hello everyone! I don't know if I have ever started a thread! I feel like I'm cheating?! Today did a squeeze workout, yesterday was MM UB. Jody, that is a lot of hours you are working! Hope you get some rest on Monday! Murphy, are you done with everything now? Thinking of you. Ronne, how was Germany? Hope you had a ball! Lisa, when DS leaves, will Suki miss their dog? Maybe you will have to get another?? Roxie, heard anything about MIL? Hi Shereta! Thank goodness, last night was last football game! 40's and rain, tonight we have a party, tomorrow is a band concert, also have to get to Costco. Hope everyone has a good weekend! Mary

Good Morning,

Nice title Mary. I am probably just going to stretch today feeling pretty sore from the last 3 workouts.

Hi all

I posted this to the October thread - don't know where I am!

I'm back! Had a great time. Although there were a few hiccups along the way. Our journey got off to a shaky start when our train to London was cancelled. We shared a minibus taxi with four other people to the station in London (90 min journey) which cost £140. Then we got to Cologne, there were hundreds of police around and about 40 police vans, turns out we'd just missed a fascist anti-Islam demonstration which had deteriorated into tear gas and water cannon!!! :(
Anyway, after all that, we did have a really great holiday. Cologne is a great city, and we loved our stay on the Rhine. We could see the river from our little apartment. Drank lots of beer, ate delicious cakes and did a lot of walking.
We've spent the weekend clearing our bedroom, emptying and dismantling the wardrobes, cleaning, dismantling the bed and pulling up the carpet. It's now completely bare ready for the workmen later in the week.
No workouts to report, as I think all the lifting and carrying counts for me this weekend!

Hello! Today did CATHE live, UB, arms are shaking! Yesterday did some Pilates to mix it all up. Ronne, sounds like an amazing trip, except for the beginning! How frightening. Are you having the upstairs re done or adding on? Roxie, I saw on Facebook KCM made you a rotation, that is incredible! Jody, are you resting from all that work? You deserve it! Murphy, are you done with everything now? Lisa, how are you feeling? Hello Shereta, you still out there? Well, it was such a nice weekend, relaxing, nice party Saturday, just talking, eating and drinks, Sunday band concert was wonderful, then lazed around eating chili and football. Hope everyone has a good day, parent teacher conferences today, hope it's all good! Mary

Hi all, I haven't posted as I took a forced break from the computer. I've been spending too much time on it resulting in neck pain from the set up I have and positioning of the head. Since i don't require it for work instead I forced myself to no computer time. I was on too much designing designs on the nail wraps.....it's a form a quilting in a way :) . I did take rest from workout on Sat (but did walk dogs), then Sun, PUB, I did well with it! My UB felt good afterwards, I had some doms, even in biceps, even with the lower weights (5,8,10) and alternate arms....that bicep section is killer, but I'm so happy I have some control over the shoulder blade knot. I just have to don my cape over my upper back to keep it warm, tada! I look like a fool, good thing I workout at home. Today I did spinning, may not walk, cold, rainy day.

Angela, welcome! This is a great group! I've been taking it easy more since RT too, I just figured it was because I met my 'get in shape ' RT goal.

Mary, wow, pilates? Isn't that a first for you?

Ronne, amazing beginning to your trip! Sounds like you have your hands full with the remodel. After the new year, I'll be busy with getting this house back in shape! The kids are gone on vacation so we have the house to ourselves (but still the limited space)....soooooon!

Roxie, what kind of spin bike are you borrowing? My handle bars only adjust up/down, not back/forward which would be nice, I wondered how you were doing since you are so short.

Waves to Murphy and Jody and Shereta!

Did an X10 premix. I always forget that they go so fast. When they are done I stand thinking I should do more - but I never do. Anyway, I had my last treatment last week. Feel good to be done with that. Now I just have follow-ups. Really looking forward to getting back to normal - at least some form of it. :)

Ronne - I always say you have the best vacations; this one is no exception.
Waves to all.
Murphy

Hi all

Mary - woo, Pilates, that does make a change. Sounds like a great weekend ((I presume you didn't eat any footballs! :p) I saw the clip of that live workout, it looked really good. We're just doing our bedroom, but we're having new furniture fitted hence the clearout.

Lisa - sounds like you're really taking care of yourself. Yes, we're a bit all over the place. DH and I are sleeping in the spare room, our mattress is in the lounge and we've got some of clothes in DD's wardrobe.

Murphy - so glad to hear that all your treatments are finished. Here's to full recovery. I love X10 because it is short.

Did SC yesterday and I've got a few butt DOMS. Today, I got out an oldie, KPC, which I hadn't done in ages. Feeling well worked. Workouts are going to be all over the place this month. I won't be working out at all Thursday and Friday while the workmen are here, and then the room's being painted Mon and Tues next week, so no workouts then either.

Good Morning,

I did KCM's TLC Boxing and my planks then went into town to get some groceries. I got called Sunday night to work at the school and it was mostly kitchen duty so I didn't get a workout in other then standing on my feet all day.

Mary-I thought it was very nice of KCM to do that for me to bad other people had to complain.

Ronne-good job with your workout.

Murphy-yay for no more treatment.

Lisa-sometimes we just have to unplug.

Hello ladies! Today took the dogs on a hike in the valley, lots of hills and stairs. Murphy, congrats! I'm glad so glad it's all done for you, what a long road for you. I wish all good things for you. Ronne, a new bedroom! How fun! Lisa, good that you are figuring out your triggers. Hope you are feeling better today. Roxie, who was mean? I just thought that was so amazing of her! Jody, did you survive? Hello to anyone else! Have a good evening, Mary

Hi everyone! I am off today!! It was a long run (6 shifts, 72+ hours in 8 days, one of them a night). Now I've got 4 days off, which I haven't had since workout camp, I mean, road trip. : D
I pulled a Lisa today and bought some new shoes that were a little pricey, but they are PURPLE! They look like the ones in PRS1 and X10 and every time I've seen them I WANTED.
Now I need to pull a Mary and clean house.
And then pull a Ronne and paint my bathroom and redo my bedroom.
I did PRS2 today. I like that one. I will do the bonus prs1 combos as a warm up/learning session next time. Murphy, I didn't see this thread either til just now, I kept pulling up Falling into Nov. Yea! for done w/ tx and moving forward.
Angela, so nice to see you. I might plan a rotation for this month. I probably need to choose a focus first. Today I just wanted to move and have fun which I did w/ PRS2 and I let myself enjoy it instead of second guessing my way through it.
Roxie all I can think of is that Taylor Swift song Shake it Off (haters gonna hate hate hate hate....).
Shereta, are you still with us? Have you tried the PRS w/ 8 inches? was it 8 inches of fun? I'm a 2 riser girl myself but so far I've only used one on this w/o.

Lisa-the spin bike I have the handle bars adjust up and down the seat adjust up and down and in or out so I can make it work for me.

Hi everyone

Mary - that sounded like a Lisa kind of day :)

Jody - enjoy your time off, you've really been working hard. Hope you get to have some downtime and it's not all chores.

Roxie - any luck on the job front yet?

Did Amy Bento's Slo-Mo Weights, a full body premix.
Managed to get a bit of everything in before an enforced break!

Good Morning,

I did KCM's KBX 1 Plus Standing Ab work and my planks. That ab work is tough.

Mary-I didn't think anyone was mean and I do agree I wish she would have included Trim Down but they wanted her to add both workouts, they are forgetting she did this for someone specific and with my goals in mind.

Ronne-nothing to report on the job front. Good job with your workout.

Hi all. Did a LLA premix today and added abs. I bet that one is a killer when done in its entirety with the added bonus sections. Yikes. Maybe one day.

Jody - that schedule sounds crazy. Get some rest.
Ronne - I have AB's slo-mo somewhere. I was thinking about it a few weeks ago and now you have done it. Hmm, may have to dig it out.

Waves to all.
Murphy

I did AB express pm (no double trouble for me), some abs from ab circuits and a walk/jog x 2 miles. DD19 bd today. We are going shopping and I also need to return some of my shoes from my shoe binge yesterday.

I never made it here yesterday, was about to get on when I had a phone catastrophe :( . I put my phone in my fleece pants pocket (knowing it isn't a safe place, but I was just stepping out with the dogs), I took one step, 2, CRASH, out it came of my pocket and onto the cement (couldn't have fallen on the carpet an inch away), phone broke, it was only 5 mths old and no insurance...$500 later I have a new phone. DH didn't yell at me (I think he should have as I was yelling at myself). Anyway, I did a 3.85 mile walk with dogs yesterday and FT no abs, today I did 2.8 miles and KCM YBB legs/cardio PM (I'm glad I did anything as I wanted to do nothing---headachey).

Wait a sec, I'm gaining some kind of reputation on this forum! A shopper and. and a dog walker! lol

Ronne, well, at least the sleeping setup isn't for long (how long do you think?).

Roxie, I just wish my bike handle bars went forward and back, at 5'5" I have problems fitting it (though now that I'm getting to be a semi-pro spinner it's feeling better). I have the seat all the way down and forward, I don't think anyone shorter than me could use it.

Murphy, I almost did LLA today, I just didnt' have a Cathe in me. Congrats for being done with treatments, it's our time to have things other than medical things in our lives!

Jody, wow that's a lot of work. I do have to say after my phone fiasco I felt so bad not pulling in any money.

Mary, how did Boo do on the walk?

Lisa that stinks about the phone! What a bummer. Confession, I bought 4 pr of Asics yesterday. 4. 2 for work and 2 for me and my bill was, I don't even want to say but I'm now working thru the 5 stages of grief. 1.Denial (this occurred before I even left the store, maybe there are some extra discounts that I don't know about, these shoes won't cost over $400) 2. Anger (these prices are an outrage! I'm a bad stupid person with no self control!) 3. Bargaining (or justifcation, I need these for work, I deserve new shoes for my workouts, I was going to get new shoes anyway...) 4.Depression/remorse (I have to return or pay the credit card bill, either seems very sad). 5 Acceptance (I think I will reach acceptance soon)
My workout plan is to rework the Cathe Jan 2014 metabolic rotation. So far I have done day 1 which is about the longest I have stuck to any rotation.

Hi all. Did Supercuts today. I skipped the ab/push-up portion. I did not realize until today that I could. It's a premix. That made me happy.

Mary - 4DS KB is one of my favorites. I don't use that disc for much else.
Jody - you forgot to mention that you are helping the economy. ;-)
Lisa - sorry to hear about the phone. :-(

Waves to all.
Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.