Thank you!

ellesan

Cathlete
Last year at this time I had an acute autoimmune attack--I was very sick with thyroid disease and planning for surgery to have my thyroid removed. It was a really difficult time for me and I was a basket case. I didn't feel like I'd ever be able to walk a mile again, let alone get back into shape to do a triathlon. I even had to cancel the Cathe Road Trip because I was too weak to exercise.

As I was reflecting on the past year, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who were so kind during my challenges, You ROCK! There are so many wonderful supportive women here on the forum. I received PM's from people I didn't even know here on the forums sending me well wishes and asking how I was doing--it was so appreciated.

May 2009: Total thyroid removal

May 2010: Triathlon

Going through this has made me stronger and better person, and athlete. :D
Celebrate your health!

You go girl!!! Thanks for being such an inspiration to us all!!!

By the way. I went out on my road bike for a quick 10 mile ride, . . . .ummm, . . it is nothing like mountain biking at all!!! I have a 25 mile ride with a friend planned for Monday. This triathlon thing is scarier than I thought. I can't wait to hear about your experience!!!

Sandra,

What a woman. You are one strong, determined woman. You are living proof that you can do whatever you put your mind to. You go girl !

Thank YOU! It is people like you that keep me coming to this forum for inspiration. My attitude has been sucking lately. You just reminded me that I need to "turn down the suck and turn up the give 'er!" (a quote from my husband lol!)

Thanks again!

WTG Sandra!

You are a survivor and more! You can do anything! Just get out there and do it! I know you're going to just blow that Triathlon away this month!

Thanks Nan, Tricia, Travis, Coradora, Dixie, Tracy !!! :D

You go girl!!! Thanks for being such an inspiration to us all!!!

By the way. I went out on my road bike for a quick 10 mile ride, . . . .ummm, . . it is nothing like mountain biking at all!!! I have a 25 mile ride with a friend planned for Monday. This triathlon thing is scarier than I thought. I can't wait to hear about your experience!!!

Janie, it is really different but you'll get used to it soon ;) What I love about triathlon is that there are SOOO many things to learn and improve that it never gets boring. Always another challenge around the corner and that's how we get better :D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.