Teen acne

Hi Lulu. My son does clean his face with the tea tree cleanser as I said. He also uses Cera Ve nighttime moisturizer because of dryness and they sell that the drugstore. He uses the Epiduo topical cream , which is prescription , during the day and he also uses a moisturizer in the a.m.. that you can only get from the dermatologist. Now that I've written this and read it back, I think my son should have the best skin around for all he puts on it : ). All of this he has been using since May. He used other creams and cleansers prior to that. But we saw the most noticeable difference when he started the vitamins in July. I'm just amazed every day when I look at how clear and healthy his skin is. I hope your son has the same results with his skin should he decide to go with the vitamins. Let me know if you have any questions. Take care.

Debbie

Thanks so much Debbie! I ordered the vitamins, my son is very excited hoping they work for him!! I love Cera Ve products...I myself use the hydrating cleanser, night time moisturizer and the Day time spf 30.

Lulu

Bragg's Apple Cidar Vinegar is the best acne treatment that me and my son has used. For the past 7-8 yrs, I've had more trouble with acne than I ever did when I was a teen. About 6 months ago, I started adding 1-2 TBSP of the vinegar to 32oz of water once or twice daily. After a week, I noticed I had no new acne. After about a month, I also noticed the blemishes were getting lighter. I've been drinking it daily and it's the only thing that keeps my acne under control. My son was so impressed with my results that he started drinking it too. He also has had great results. We both have clear skin now.

Interesting. Where can I buy Bragg's Apple Cidar Vinegar? Heck I will give ths a try too!!

Interesting. Where can I buy Bragg's Apple Cidar Vinegar? Heck I will give ths a try too!!

I used to order Bragg's on Amazon, but then I couldn't find any suppliers with SuperSaver shipping. VitaCost has their own store brand that is unfiltered and says it has the "mother" as well. But . . . my Wal-Mart has FINALLY started carrying it! Yay!!!!! Other grocery stores have had it, but it was much more expensive than getting it online. WalMart's price is better.

I use it, but I don't think I can get my son to. It's worth a try, though. I didn't think about it being good for acne, but it makes sense that it would. I wish it worked on crows-feet. :p

When my son started going through puberty he broke out around his nose. I have him wash with cetaphil oil control foaming face wash in the shower every morning and use Oil of Olay toner on a cotton ball after the shower and before bed. His skin is very sensitive and it seems like less is more. If he comes home from school sweaty he will take a quick shower and wash his face then too. He was broken out pretty bad last May and cleared up in about 2 weeks with these products and has not broken out since. At first I had to remind him constantly to use the toner at night, but now it's a habit. If his skin starts to dry out he skips the toner after washing his face. He can't use any moisturizer or he will break out from that so we have to make sure he doesn't dry his skin out with overuse on the toner.

I hope you find the right combo that works for your son!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.