Technical issue since updating app

Last week, the OnDemand app was updated, and since then I cannot stream from my iPhone to my TV through Chromecast. The videos play on my phone, but as soon as I hit the Chromecast icon to stream to my TV, the video closes. I am able to stream via Chromecast through all of the other apps on my phone. I have turned my phone off and on and have reinstalled the OnDemand app, but it is still not working. Any suggestions?

Michelle

Hi mainricard, we're seeing this too now. We're starting to investigate this now and hope to have it fixed shortly. We will update everyone once we do.

I also cannot stream to my TV from my iPhone, but the Apple TV worked. I'm hoping it's fixed soon, the Apple TV is in the living room, not my workout space, LOL. :)

Hi Julie248, only people trying to use chromecast are affected by this issue on their iOS mobile devices. We've identified the problem and should have a fix in the next day or two.

I’m casting to a smart tv and so is my daughter at her house and it worked fine until yesterday (Monday, June 10 is when we both started having trouble). I checked again today and it’s still not working. Should we I install the app and reinstall?

Hi Julie248,

We gave an update on this yesterday in another thread. Here is what we said:

Update on Chromecast iOS issue: We have now submitted an updated version of our iOS V2 app to Apple. Apple must still approve and release the updated app and this can take several days. So, the app update is not available yet, but should be soon. This update will fix the Chromecast cast issue for most user's, but not all. In our testing, the app worked fine on all of the external Chromecast devices we tested on. However, there still may be some issues on some TV's using an "internal Chromecast". We've only tested the updated app on two TV's with an internal Chromecast. It worked great on one TV, but was very choppy on our other TV. So we expect some TV's with an "internal Chromecast" might still have an issue. We will release another update in 2 to 3 weeks which will solve these issues as this update will feature a new Player and the latest Chromecast software.

Also, if you're currently having an issue, and purchased your subscription through us, you can always access your account and our videos by using a Chrome browser and then casting your video. But hopefully, the update we just sent to Apple will solve everyone's issue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I have no idea what a Chromecast Browser is, LOL. I just open my Cathe app, select the workout I want to do, click play, and select the tv I want to cast to. Please provide some sort of instructions on how do this.

Hi Julie248,

I meant to say Chrome browser. Just Google Install Chrome browser and you will see a download link

The iOS v2 update is now available in the Apple App Store. If you're using an external Chromecast this should now work. If you have an internal Chromecast built into your TV it may or may not work depending on your TV. The same was true of our previous versions of our OnDemand app as internal Chromecast devices are rather new and have different requirements than the external Chromecast devices. This update will be followed in a few weeks by another update that hopefully will work for internal Chromecast devices too. I say hopefully because Apple doesn't seem to like or want user's to use Google Chromecast. They want iOS user's to use Apple TV or Airplay. Hence they keep changing things to make it more difficult for Chromecast user's to use their devices. Our Android V2 app has now completed testing and hopefully, we can get Google to approve it soon.

Make sure to let us know if you can now cast successfully using iOS V2 and likewise if you have any issues. Make sure to let us know if you have an external or internal Chromecast.

I was able to stream on Thursday, I use a Fire HD, however as of yesterday I could not stream anything even on my desktop computer using the Chrome browser. Any suggestions to help me get it working again?

Glad it's working for you Julie248!
I was able to stream on Thursday, I use a Fire HD, however as of yesterday I could not stream anything even on my desktop computer using the Chrome browser. Any suggestions to help me get it working again?

Hi Sumolex,

The V2 update is for the iOS app and wouldn't have anything to do with your problem. From what you've said it seems to me that you're not logged into your account. I would first try logging off and then back on. If you're on your computer make sure you can see your account info as this will tell you for sure that you're logged in. If you're still having issues contact our customer support at [email protected] and they can help you with this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.