Tattoos

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
I know they've been discussed on here before but I am going right after work to get my 4th one so I decided to post about it.

Who here has one (or more) and what are they of and where are they located?

I'll start....

First one...on my left butt cheek. Rose vine in circular pattern with a couple of butterflies on it.

Second one...on right hip. The word BAD with a heart and some greenery.

Third one...lower back. Fairy type figure surrounded by 2 flower blooms. This one is hard to describe. I created it myself by taking parts of 2 different tattoos I found online.

Fourth one....will be on my foot and part of my ankle. Yellow daisies and lillies of the valley along with some greens. I had this one drawn from scratch. The flowers are mine and my son's birth month flowers. :)

Who's next?

I have two (for now).

First one: my full first name (Carolyn) in script on my right wrist
Second one: Purple rose with a peace sign on the outside of my right ankle

When I finish my Turbo Fire rotation, I will be getting two more...because I am SURE I will have reached my mini weight loss goal. I am going to get the symbol for DD and DS's astrological signs with their names and birthdates around...probably one on each shoulder.

Does anyone know if a tattoo will cover a scar? I have a couple scars on a spot where I want to get a tattoo but don't want to get the tattoo if there will be "skips" because of the scars!

Carrie

I have 3

I have a heart w/ barbed wire around it on my right ankle (all black)
A full color tramp stamp of a dragon w/ a lightening bolt (dh likes this one)
An Invisible Pink Unicorn symbol on the front of my left shoulder.

When I run my 1st marathon (I'm hoping for Chicago 2011 - but training for my current half is killing me in this heat - so I may rethink that) I want to get a 26.2 under my left ankle bone.

Carrie - I think it depends on the scar - age, size, depth. Find a good tattoo artist and talk to them about it.

Nan

I have one. I considered it for many, many years before I finally did it. I didn't want anything common or typical. I also wanted to be sure it was located where it couldn't been seen in a gown or at work. I finally got mine 2 years ago on my lower back. It is the Andromeda Galaxy and the artist did a fabulous job! I have considered having the planets done, but don't know where I would put them! Again, I still don't want them to be visible in formal dress, not that we've done any formals in a while, but you never know!

I also want to know about tattooing over scars. I have several scars in the location that I want my next tattoo so I want to know if it is possible.

I have 4 (technically 5 I guess)

1st-- right wrist looks like a bracelet of my sister's dogtags in memoriam to her

2nd-- lower back Pisces symbol surrounded by two pisces fish (styled like those in Fanstasia)

3rd-- Back of the neck a triple goddess symbol. It looks like a full moon in the center with two crescent moons on either side. It represent the three stages of womanhood. Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

4th and 5th-- I usually count these as one tattoo because I have the same Celtic rune for stablity on the back of both ankles. Kinda on the achilles tendon area above where the shoe hits

I hope to add on to my collection one day, but they are expensive.

About tattooing over scars. It is possible but the scar needs to be well healed and flat. Can't tattoo over a keloid very well. Also, depending on the injury that caused the scar there is a good possiblity it's going to hurt like hell. Talk to you tattoo artist because some won't do it.

Shelby

I don't have any tattoo's, but my brother just got one done of my dad who recently passed away. It's an awesome tattoo. It looks just like him.

downsized_0613001901a.jpg

Thanks for responding ladies! I loved reading about everyone's tats!

Well my fourth is done! I love it but man was it painful! Definitely the most painful of all! WOW! :eek::eek::eek:

JennieR:: My DH wants to get a portrait of my son done some day. Love your brother's. When they are good they are awesome but have you ever seen the messed up ones? I feel so bad for those people. :(

Hula_girl:: I've heard that the achillies area is very painful to get tattooed. I've always wanted an ankle bracelet but I am hesitant for this reason.

Shannon_B:: What kind of tat do you have on your foot? Speaking of exercise. I am going to be doing upper body (Muscle Endurance) today wearing flip flops! LOL

Syzgy:: My first three can not be seen unless I want to show them either and actually if I show the one on my backside in public I think I might be arrested! LOL

Spyrosmom:: When I was seriously considering training for a marathon I was going to get a tattoo of it as well! I love the idea! Good luck w/the mary if you decide to go for it!

Carres:: I love the tats that have writing in them. I may have to get myself one someday. I'd probably opt for my son's name and Birthday maybe..

OMG Nan, the IPU!! Blessed be her holy hooves, I am a believer as well :) You should send a pic into their website, they have about 30 people who have it as well.

As for tattoos, I have 4:

#1: left hip: a heart with a halo, devil horns and a devil tail
#2: left foot: a pink ribbon and the Johnny Cash lyric "We'll meet again some sunny day" in memory of my grandma
#3: right ribcage: OUCH!!! This was definitely my most painful one. Blue and green sparrow with a pink hibiscus flower
#4: Back, from my shoulder blades down to my butt: Phoenix with the symbol for tranquility in the middle of her tail feathers.

The phoenix is still being worked on, I probably have about 6 more hours to go. After that I'm getting an owl on my right foot in memory of my grandpa (so I'll have grandma and grandpa together again :)

Shelby is right on about tattooing over scars. My doctor had a dog bite on his calf that scarred really bad, and he got a tattoo over it and you can't even tell it was ever there. But keloids are a no no.

Nicole:: Love your first ta. How cute! For the longest time I was looking for a good she-devil design to put on my left hip so that she would sit opposite of the "BAD" tat that I have on my right. I've never found one. Perhaps down the line I'll have one drawn! So did you find your foot tattoo really painful? I know you said the ribcage was the most painful (and I just talked to a guy who has 75 tats and said the ribs were bad as well!) but where did the foot come in cause WOW, I did not expect it to hurt as much as it did! :eek: Your back tat sounds cool! So it goes the full length down the center of your back?

Wendy, actually my foot was the least painful of them all!! It might be because it's on the side, arch portion of my foot. I would imagine the top of the foot would hurt a bit more. Yep, the phoenix is right down the middle of my back. It's been quite a process, but I <3 her!! Although working out while healing is a bit trying!

Nicole,

My foot tat goes from around the right outer ankle bone, down the outside a bit and then up over the top of the foot (to about the center) and then up the front of the ankle a little bit. She angled it. It looks really cool. I just can't decide which part hurt the worst! LOL My other tats were like massages compared to this one. Thank goodness I love it!!! Yours is in a totally different spot it sounds like. Glad it wasn't that painful. So how long have you been working on your back piece? How often do you go to get more done? I'm curious as all of my tats are small so I've never had to get anything done in more then one appointment.

I have the face of a Siamese cat on my shoulder.
That's it.

I joke about having cities and State Routs added to the viens on my legs so it would look like I'm trying for the "Road Map" look. LOL

I have the face of a Siamese cat on my shoulder.
That's it.

I joke about having cities and State Routs added to the viens on my legs so it would look like I'm trying for the "Road Map" look. LOL

Great idea:D! Maybe I could do some kind of "sea" motife on my tummy and have the stretch marks be the seaweed:eek:??

Carrie

How timely - if all goes as planned, I'm getting number 5 tomorrow afternoon!! Not sure exactly what it will look like, I have to work with the designer to work it out. Possibly a spiral of the words I want. We'll see. Going to go on my lower back. So excited - I've been wanting it for years and I've decided to just do it for my birthday coming Thursday!! Then I want to get one or two of my existing (and very old) tattoos worked on/modified. I have one on the inside of my ankle that hurt quite a bit (wish I had gone all the way around, but it works). I love the tattoos on the top of the foot, but that I think would hurt too much.
I love them - they are so fun and cool!!

How timely - if all goes as planned, I'm getting number 5 tomorrow afternoon!! Not sure exactly what it will look like, I have to work with the designer to work it out. Possibly a spiral of the words I want. We'll see. Going to go on my lower back. So excited - I've been wanting it for years and I've decided to just do it for my birthday coming Thursday!! Then I want to get one or two of my existing (and very old) tattoos worked on/modified. I have one on the inside of my ankle that hurt quite a bit (wish I had gone all the way around, but it works). I love the tattoos on the top of the foot, but that I think would hurt too much.
I love them - they are so fun and cool!!

Keep us posted on the new tat! Let us know how it goes! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.