Tank Top Rotation Update

ashaw

Cathlete
I can't believe that I'm rolling into week # 8 of my tank top rotation! I've got my workouts lined up for this week and here's what it looks like:

M- LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper

T- LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower

W- XTrain Bi's and Tri's

Th- XTrain Cardio Leg Blast

F- LITE Rev'd Up Rumble (Might even do the Extreme doubles premix with 2x the routine and 2x the Calorie crush - a little extra practice never hurts!)

S- LITE PHA2

I've wanted to come back to the LITE series and give the upper body workout another try. The first time I did it, I used the weights Cathe used and it felt way too light. I love the lower body workout because one that one I went heavier on most weights and got a very solid lower body workout in a pretty short amount of time. And of course, I love XTrain Bi's & Tri's and Cardio Leg Blast. This will be the first time for Rev'd Up Rumble, so I decided to do the extreme doubles premix for some extra practice and burn. And, I've done PHA2 one time before and know that if I go heavier on most exercises I should get a much better workout.

This week I need to keep a few days short as I go to the dentist Tuesday and I'm now dealing with a car problem. Last week, my A/C started making this loud noise, almost like a horn and the repair shop told me that its the cooling fan, to the tune of $1300. Good news is I can still drive the car, bad news is I can't run the a/c and that's not good in Houston, TX. My husband & I got in a disagreement about the repair, so Friday was not a good day and I'm going to see if I can get another bid from a different repair shop. But, Friday afternoon on the way home from the shop, for the first time in a long time, I put the convertible top down on my '05 Lexus SC430 and savored my ride home. It was almost 90 degrees outside, so I knew I was gonna be hot either way since I couldn't run the a/c. I turned on my street with a live version of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" cranked all the way up, showing off my arms in a black tank top!

This tank top rotation was born out of my newfound confidence after dealing with the Kevin situation and here I am still going strong 8 weeks later. And best of all is that I've yet to repeat a workout!

I have no idea what you look like, but I had a vision of a fit gal in a tank top, in a convertible with sunglasses on, hair flowing in the breeze, music blaring . .. ah ... summer fun! :cool:
Awwww you're too sweet! I'm just grinning from ear to ear right now! I'm about 5 ft 6 in tall and brunette. I did have on my sunglasses and my hair in a ponytail! Summer fun indeed!

oohhhh.......I used to have a convertible.......a little Metro 3.........it was yellow with a black top, my mom called it a "bumblebee" :) I loved that little car.......that was many moons ago!
I've never heard of a Metro 3, but black and yellow sounds cute! My first brand new car was a red 1996 Honda Del Sol T-top. That was a fun little car to drive and had some wild times too. I always kept clothes in the trunk because when I lived with my mom while in college and I'd go out with my friends, I'd leave the house in mom approved outfits and change by the time I'd get to the party!

I did LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper this morning for the first time in over a year and going heavier did make a difference. Is this one of Cathe's more difficult upper body routines? Not really, but I certainly got more a burn this time than when I stayed with the weights she used. I used 15's on those close grip bench presses into chest presses, 15's on the standard biceps curls, but those darn quarter curls were a killer using 10's. On the first set, I thought OK, I'll use 10's this time around, but will probably do 12's on the next set. Nope! 10's was plenty hard enough. I did get a good burn and some of the exercises, like the hip huggers were different. After all, variety is key, mix it up. I also did the bonus ab workout and was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was. That last move with the elbow planks where you go forwards and backwards with each arm, I thought that was never going to end. That's what I'm loving about this rotation is that I can draw from a variety of series. Its like a walk down Cathe memory lane.

I can't believe that I'm rolling into week # 8 of my tank top rotation! I've got my workouts lined up for this week and here's what it looks like:

M- LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper

T- LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower

W- XTrain Bi's and Tri's

Th- XTrain Cardio Leg Blast

F- LITE Rev'd Up Rumble (Might even do the Extreme doubles premix with 2x the routine and 2x the Calorie crush - a little extra practice never hurts!)

S- LITE PHA2

I've wanted to come back to the LITE series and give the upper body workout another try. The first time I did it, I used the weights Cathe used and it felt way too light. I love the lower body workout because one that one I went heavier on most weights and got a very solid lower body workout in a pretty short amount of time. And of course, I love XTrain Bi's & Tri's and Cardio Leg Blast. This will be the first time for Rev'd Up Rumble, so I decided to do the extreme doubles premix for some extra practice and burn. And, I've done PHA2 one time before and know that if I go heavier on most exercises I should get a much better workout.

This week I need to keep a few days short as I go to the dentist Tuesday and I'm now dealing with a car problem. Last week, my A/C started making this loud noise, almost like a horn and the repair shop told me that its the cooling fan, to the tune of $1300. Good news is I can still drive the car, bad news is I can't run the a/c and that's not good in Houston, TX. My husband & I got in a disagreement about the repair, so Friday was not a good day and I'm going to see if I can get another bid from a different repair shop. But, Friday afternoon on the way home from the shop, for the first time in a long time, I put the convertible top down on my '05 Lexus SC430 and savored my ride home. It was almost 90 degrees outside, so I knew I was gonna be hot either way since I couldn't run the a/c. I turned on my street with a live version of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" cranked all the way up, showing off my arms in a black tank top!

This tank top rotation was born out of my newfound confidence after dealing with the Kevin situation and here I am still going strong 8 weeks later. And best of all is that I've yet to repeat a workout!
You go girl!!

I've never heard of a Metro 3
Oh, it was a Geo Metro, 3 cylinder, kinda on the very less expensive side. Chevrolet put them out, I think…. They are no more….girl, that was a long time ago!!! It was good on gas. being a 3 cylinder..:) and it was small, 2 seater, so top was easy to put up & down.

Oh, it was a Geo Metro, 3 cylinder, kinda on the very less expensive side. Chevrolet put them out, I think…. They are no more….girl, that was a long time ago!!! It was good on gas. being a 3 cylinder..:) and it was small, 2 seater, so top was easy to put up & down.
My first car was a 1990 Geo Storm hatchback in aqua metallic! My cousin drove a red Geo Prizm! I remember the Metro but didn’t know they made a convertible.

This morning was Strong Body stacked sets lower and what a great burn for a short amount of time. I went with a 30 lb barbell, could’ve done 35. A 20 lb dumbbell on the static lunges. I used heavier weights on most of the exercises and definitely got my heart rate up too. If anyone wants a shorter, tough lower body workout, give this a try, go heavy too!

Got this week lined up with a trip back to 2005 and the Hardcore series.

M- Muscle Max Upper body premix & abs

T- Gym Style Legs

W- Gym Style Shoulders, Bi's and Tri's (now is when I wish I had workout blender for this custom mix)

Th- Lower Body Blast

F- Rockout Knockout (I'm finally going to really do this one!)

S- High Step Challenge

I got my workout sheets ready and when High Step Challenge's menu music, a soundalike of Earth, Wind and Fire's "Let's Groove" came on, I was like, oh man, I remember some of the good music in this one. "Bette Davis Eyes" is another good song. I haven't done High Step Challenge in years. With the exception of Rockout Knockout which has been a mega procrastination for me, the last time I've done any of the Gym Style workouts was probably last year. So this will be a fun mix. And then Lower Body Blast for an extra cardio/legs day.

Typical me, always thinking ahead, I'm brainstorming for next week of maybe a blend with the BodyBlast and Intensity Series. I haven't done Legs & Glutes in quite a while, I did a Upper Body premix from Supersets, haven't done Push Pull in years, never done Step, Jump & Pump, recently did KPC and as of now, not ready to dive into Step Blast choreography. Earlier this year, I did a few weeks rotation of the Intensity Series. Pyramid Upper Body and Muscle Endurance have been used in my tank top rotation already, so those are unavailable, but with Body Blast I can find a dedicated Upper Body routine on a premix and work from there. I also really want to do Pyramid Lower Body again too. And, IMAX2 could serve as my cardio day. Look at me, I haven't even started this week and I'm already thinking about next week. Too many workouts not enough time!

Sounds like a great & fun rotation this week. Since I use the blender so much, my "loves" are bits & pieces,
but I love the Muscle Max warmup, the single leg deadlifts in Lower Body Blast and of course, High Step
Challenge as well as High Step Circuit. Very creative....

I’m looking forward to the day when I can join Cathe’s on demand service and be able to use the workout blender. I could use my Roku player to have the workouts on my large screen tv. Last summer when I was rehabbing with P.volve, I steamed some of their workouts and it was a pain. I had to screen mirror my phone to my Roku player and there were some glitches. I can’t do a workout and use my phone or iPad as the screen. I’m old school and thankful that Cathe still produces dvds even though she has all the streaming services.

My workout this morning was Gym Style Legs and its been over a year since I've done and it has a bite too it. All that floorwork with the ball and band really do burn. I love it when Cathe says "all we have to do is this (fill in the blank exercise) and we're all done" and then there's like still a few more exercises to go. I'm like, hey, I thought we were done here. I'm still wanting to fit Butts & Guts and Pyramid Lower Body into my rotation because now we're coming down the home stretch of finally getting STS 2.0 in our mailboxes!

My workout this morning was Gym Style Legs and its been over a year since I've done and it has a bite too it. All that floorwork with the ball and band really do burn. I love it when Cathe says "all we have to do is this (fill in the blank exercise) and we're all done" and then there's like still a few more exercises to go. I'm like, hey, I thought we were done here. I'm still wanting to fit Butts & Guts and Pyramid Lower Body into my rotation because now we're coming down the home stretch of finally getting STS 2.0 in our mailboxes!
ashaw, yes, i noticed that too! And think, really, how many more;). But at that point you are all in!

I finished yesterday with Flex Train and yes, I finally did Rockout Knockout on Friday! I enjoyed it too. My knee started feeling tender on Thursday afternoon and I felt a twinge while doing RK on Friday, so as much as I wanted to do High Step Challenge on Saturday, I decided to play it safe and stay with a good metabolic workout. So, I've got my workouts lined up for the week and I'm not totally set on some of the later week workouts.

M- Perfect 30 Upper Body and Bonus (first repeat)

T- Butts & Guts

W- ICE Muscle Meltdowns: Shoulders, Bi's and Tri's (another repeat)

Th- Fit Tower Legs, Glutes and Core (Contingent on being able to get STS tower set up in my room and have room to move around it, but really really want to do it)

F- ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox (not totally settled on this one)

S- Body Blast Push Pull (not totally settled on this one)

I got my STS 2.0 shipping email late Friday morning and so far, there's no tracking movement yet. I'm sure its in a giant pile at the post office! I can't wait to start using these new workouts as some new upper, lower and total body workouts are just what the doctor ordered. I also have to call my mechanic tomorrow or Tuesday about getting the ball rolling on getting my car fixed. My husband might have to drive a friend out of town next week, so I certainly can't be without a car.

And, remember those firewalker loops that came in a 3 pack - pink, green and blue? The wider, thicker TPE ones that came out right around the time the Low Impact Series came out? I found a brand new box of them on eBay and won the bid! I can't wait to have those back! I bought some online, but they're so slick that when my legs are sweaty, they just roll and won't stay flat. I had to use my Boss Loops for that reason when I did the Lower Body Blast floorwork a few days ago.

Supposedly STS2.0 will be picked up by USPS on Monday ... time unknown. I'm in Michigan but lately packages from the East are getting stuck in Detroit for days & days so I'm not expecting them until Memorial weekend. :( At least I'll be able to plan June's rotation with the User Guide out this week :)

Hopefully yours will be in your hands sooner!

Supposedly STS2.0 will be picked up by USPS on Monday ... time unknown. I'm in Michigan but lately packages from the East are getting stuck in Detroit for days & days so I'm not expecting them until Memorial weekend. :( At least I'll be able to plan June's rotation with the User Guide out this week :)

Hopefully yours will be in your hands sooner!
I’m in Houston, Texas and I can’t remember if the shipping is standard first class mail or priority mail. So combine that with the Memorial Day holiday and I feel like I might get mine by the end of the week or soon after Memorial Day.

I'm hoping by Thurs/Fri.....I'm in VA, so not too far from NJ......I kind of wish now that I had
picked UPS, cause even with ground service, for example, when I was ordering some of the
products, etc., if I order one day & choose UPS ground, I get it the next day.....but if I remember correctly, the UPS shipping was like $16-17 or more and I decided just to go with
priority mail. Mail is funny sometimes, cause sometimes things travel faster from longer
distances, than across the city. I know, in the past, when I have ordered dvds from TotalFitness, if she mailed out, say a Wednesday, sometimes I received on Friday......you just never know! Fingers crossed for all of us ! :) I forget when they said they would be in the blender, that's where my "work" begins, but maybe this week. I bet the ones that are getting the downloads are getting excited too, cause isn't that tommorrow?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.