Tae-Bo every day ?

AnatW

I have Tae-Bo Get Ripped (2 tapes) and I love them.

Can I use them every day (as cardio) or do I need to take a break in between sessions ? I am asking since Tae-Bo is not strickly cardio but it involves a lot of muscle working.

Thanks !

Anat.

Much as you love Taebo, it's good to throw in some other forms of cardio....the good old cross training method. I have to force myself not to do step everyday, so I can relate. Personally, I would not do Taebo anymore than 2 times per week.

What other forms of cardio do you like to do?

I don't think Taebo works the muscles hard enough to require a break in between workouts for that specific reason. Although, I would suggest not working out 7 days in a row and taking a rest break at least once a week.

Colleen

Hi Anat.

Billy Blanks has said that Tae Bo should not be done everyday. He recommends every other day. This gives your muscles time to recover. Tae Bo is a mix of aerobics, boxing, & tae kwon do. It really is a full body workout.

He recommends weight training in addition to Tae Bo.

If you have just the one Tae-Bo Get Ripped set, after a few weeks it might become "routine". It's that place were you zone out or daydream thru it.

Cross traing keeps things interesting. Billy has a whole series out. Also there are some excellent other kickboxing videos!

Laura

thank you all ! regarding cross-training...

Yes, I know I should cross-train, and I therefore do step tapes (Cathe, Christi, K. Voight and others) plus some circuit training tapes.
The reson I was asking about Tae-Bo was because I saw some success stories in their web site and people seem to be doing that every day. I was just wondering if that was O.K.

But, last night i realized that I should probably start doing some other tapes in addition to Tae-Bo. Last night I felt that I am losing focus while doing the tape and that it was starting to get old becuase I have been doing the tapes 3-4 times a week for the past 4 weeks. I think I am going to cut down to twice a week and the other 2 times dedicate to step.

Thanks again,

Anat.

RE: thank you all ! regarding cross-training...

It's real important not to get bored with your workouts, and add new stuff all the time. It helps keep your motivation up. I used to mainly just walk all the time, and now I hardly ever do because it got very boring. Now I walk only about once a month. You have to look forward to your workouts so exercise does not become a drudgery.

My mind is starting to wander when I do Imax, because I've done it for 2-1/2 years. I want Cathe to do Imax II!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.