TABATA

I was about to suggest the same thing. Cathe's 40/20 is so close, all she would have to to is cut it in half.

Given Cathe's recent article explaining the differences between HiiT, Tabata, and Steady State Cardio, I too would love to see a video with Tabata workouts. Preferably with more than one choice of workouts like her HiiT DVD.

Cathe would really be giving us the best of all the workout options with her massive DVD collection!:eek:

Tabata is about 4 minutes, right? I wonder if it's something she could create fairly easily and offer as a download.

I love tabata also. I do five 4 min workouts for a 20 min intense workout, but I have tacked on a 4 min tabata-style workout at the end of some of my weight work for an extra zap.

Carmen.

Count me in too!... I so hope that she considers this... HIIT is great, and along with Tabata workouts... Wow... I would love it!

Tabata Protocol

It's typically one exercise done 8 times - 20 seconds work/10 seconds rest.

I have done it different ways, sometimes 1 exercises, or alternating between 2 exercises, or 4...depends. I like to use it in my bootcamp class here and there. It really helps get the heart rate up, quite similar to HIIT.

The link explains it in more detail.

I'd love to see a mix-and-match Tabata DVD with numerous exercises included, that can be combined in groups of two to make "20-second-on, all-out-effort, 10-seconds rest x 8 = 4 minutes", "true" Tabata workouts that we can change up every time we do them.

Something with a menu that allows us to choose two exercise combos from a list of maybe 12 options (ie: squat jumps + jump lunges).

Also showing lower-impact mods for any ultra-high-impact moves (like air jacks) that are included (though ideally sticking with moderate-impact and perhaps adding in a med ball to add intensity without adding impact).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.