Switching to EARLY morning exercising: Anyone want to ...

wudnit

Cathlete
I've decided to switch to morning exercising. I had done it long ago and then when I went off the exercise wagon, so went the morning routine and when I started back up again I started with the evening routing. Unfortunately, too many things got in my way, so I'm going to make the transition to the morning. This morning I got up at 4:30 a.m. and did Powerstrike Millenium 3. I love that dvd, I know others prefer 1&2, but I enjoy 3. Tomorrow morning, I am going to be back at it!

No more excuses!!!! I'm just going to do it. Anyone else want to join me in the transition??

Mary

Good luck with your switch Mary! I go back and forth. I love the feeling of having my workout finished so that I can go about my day. On the other hand, I don't feel as strong in the morning, and when I exercise in the evening after work it keeps me from snacking on junk until dinner b/c I'm too busy exercising!

I go back and forth between a.m. and p.m. Today is p.m., but I am hoping to get my butt up early tomorrow for my Plyometrics X workout!

Monica

I'm onboard with this. I NEED to do it in the AM or it doesn't get done. However, my biggest problem with this is the snooze button!!! I need to start tomorrow - or I just keep putting it off! Then if I get any extra cardio in after work it's just gravy!

I don't know which video I'm going to do - need to decide that before bed, or that will be an "excuse" in the morning.

Let me know how you do with this! I need to be a 4:30 AM - or possibly 4:00...I'll have to see how timing goes. I am usually at work by 6:30...but it's nice getting done early too!

Amy

I would love to, but I set my alarm to go off early today so that I could workout. Well, in the middle of the night I got up and changed it to my normal time :( I just love to stay in the bed!! Also I find that with my wt training I seem to do better later in the day. I used to workout early am and loved having it done and over with. Maybe I'll join ya some day. Good luck!!

Catherine

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/fit_fairy

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Gosh, I really want to join you. I have 3 month old twins and I have not been exercising like I would like to lately. I get about three days a week and I am not feeling great because of it. I really need to workout everyday to feel GREAT. If I did it in the morning - I could have all day with the babies and feel good that I took care of myself that day...

How do I get started again? What do you tell yourself in the morning? Especially in this cold weather??

jenni

I go to bed in my workout clothes, set the coffee pot, and the alarm early enough so I can hit the snooze once. That 9 minutes is when I psych myself up. I hop out of bed, eat a half a banana (or smoething like that), and have a cup of coffee, then hit it. I'm worked out and out of the shower and the kids are just now getting up.

Sally

RE: Switching to EARLY morning exercising: Anyone want...

I really really want to do this as well. I have absolutely zero time for Cathe this week because I work 8-5 and then have training for another job from 5 - 10 p.m. I get home at about 10:45 p.m. and that's it. The only time I can exercise at least this week is in the morning before the day starts. My big problem is the snooze button (as some of you have mentioned). I am really bad at hitting it over and over. I have also woke up before and changed the time back to my normal wake up time. I think getting a coffee pot with a timer might be the ticket to getting me up. Maybe we should have an early risers check-in to give us some accountability? ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.