Supreme 90 Comments?

BEACHCRUZER

Has anyone tried the recently released Supreme 90 workout? I just finished my last round of STS and was thinking of trying this workout. What's the verdict on this workout?
Thanks!!

I've just finished my first week of the S90 rotation.
With some caveats (the same warm-up in most workouts, and the same stretch in all gets old fast; the too-fast chest/back workout; no chaptering beyond "warm-up"/"workout"/"cooldown" (actually a stretch); some workouts labelled 'cardio' seem to show them using heavier weights that I would/do; some substituting of moves in the "Cardio Challenge" workout that I don't think are really 'cardio'--all problems that I can deal with) I LOVE this system!

It's a lot of bang for the buck for just $20 (I paid just under $28 including shipping and handling: I ordered from Bed, Bath and Beyond)

You're done in under an hour (the workouts are 40-45 minutes long), there is a lot of core emphasis, there are moves I haven't seen before (but they don't seem used 'just' to be different: they are effective); the instructor--Tom Holland--is very pleasant and encouraging.

Definitely on of my best purchases in the last 2 years or so.

If you visit VF, there are a few threads about it, and a check-in with more info (I usually post a break down of my workouts the first time I do them).

So far I've done 2 workouts from this set, Tabata Inferno and Ultimate Ball. Tabata Inferno is similar to Cathe's Hiits but it uses the Tabata protocol of 20 sec work / 10 sec rest. I enjoyed the workout. It was challenging enough for the work given but I like to do more minutes of cardio on a cardio day so I added Hiit 30/30 after. I know, I know "if you go all out, you won't be able to add on" but I pushed as hard and fast as I could and still wanted more. My body can only move so fast. The Tabata Inferno is very "drill" in nature and didn't feel as fun as Cathe's Hiits but it's still a good workout. I think Tabata Inferno is a terrific add on with a weight workout . . . kind of how many people use CLX weight workouts to add on to cardio workouts.

Ultimate Ball was good also but again was very "drill" feeling. It's a great core add on.

I've only done 2 of the workouts but like Kathryn said, for the money, it's well worth the try (especially if you liked P90X).

I have done all the workouts in Supreme 90 at least once and like all of them. I think that the sequencing of the various workouts is quite good. A few of the weight workouts can seem a little rushed, especially if you are using heavier weights. I like the core emphasis of the program. The weight workouts begin with a core circuit. The same warm up and cool down is used in most of the workouts but so far that has not bothered me. I also really like the length of the workouts.

Kathryn- I agree that this system is one of the best fitness DVD purchase that I have made in a while. It certainly is the most cost effective. I paid $14.99 and I consider it my bargain of 2011!

Sancho- You indeed have stamina - doing HIIT 30 after Tabata Inferno. I did Tabata Inferno for the second time this morning and did Classical Stretch afterward. I remember that you and I loved Insanity. Are you looking forward to Insane Asylum with Shaun T?

I just picked this up at Walgreens for $20, I just could not pass up the price, I'm not sure I love the way the cardio looks, but it's always good to have more weight workouts to follow.

I just picked this up at Walgreens for $20, I just could not pass up the price, I'm not sure I love the way the cardio looks, but it's always good to have more weight workouts to follow.
I've done all the first-week workouts so far, and the so-called "cardio" workout is my least favorite (done as-is, which I don't do!). IMO, there are too many resistance moves to be cardio (push-ups?), and they seem to be using rather heavy weights for cardio 'intensifiers'.

I just sub with something that is actually a cardio move, and use light weights and it worked great for me.

Absolutely loving it. I like all that core stuff. Even today with Chest/Shoulders and Tris Tom H start with 2 rounds of core/abs. If you follow the rotation, you end up doing some core/abs practically every day. The Core DVD is a plank paradise! My mid section has a noticeable difference just after 10 days.

I went to Walgreens today and bought me one for 20 bucks!!!! What a deal!!! I previewed some o the DVD and its pretty intense but u need to pay attention to the body mechanics. I will do these next week for my STS meso 1 recovery week.

I went to Walgreens today and got it for $9.99+tax! Can't wait to preview and start the rotation!

I'm in Michigan and it was the second Walgreens I went to-the cashier said the store level had recently changed and they weren't going to be carrying the same type of products so they had reduced the price of certain items-my lucky day!

my walgreens didnt have it either but you can ask the manager to find out what stores have it in your area.thats what i did and got it!

laura

I have been home for a couple of days with the flu and I caught this thread. After reading all of your great reviews I just had to have it. Last night when DH went out for a meeting I sent him with a gift card to pick it up at Walgreens. It was at the first one he went to and proudly came home with my "prize". I feel well enough to be upright for a short while today and plan on spending much of the rest of the day previewing my new "prize".

A friend of mine and fellow Cathlete just started the rotation. She did Chest and Back and y'day and her upper body is ON FIY-AH this morning! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.