supplement question

L Sass

Cathlete
Hi Cathe friends. I take a number of supplements already, but one was suggested to me that I'm unfamiliar with. Do any of you take curcumin and if so, what results have you seen? Thanks!

Isn't that the same as turmeric? I put turmeric in everything as a spice but I don't take it in supplement form. It is a very powerful superfood.

L Sass- I take this supplement which has curcumin in it: https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-cox-2-combo-120-caps I take this along with Hydraplenish (a hyaluronic acid supplement: https://www.swansonvitamins.com/natures-way-hydraplenish-ha-60-caps) for my joints. I notice a BIG difference when I take these two supplements in my joint aches and pains. If I slack off on either one of these, I start to feel my knees. I have chondromalcia patellae and I suppose the anti-inflammatory effect of the cox-2 ingredients plus the joint lubrication effect of the Hydraplenish helps to keep the friction and inflammation at bay. I also have read lots of benefits from taking curcumin, so I figure it's a good thing to take all around. :) I sometimes use curry spice or turmeric when I cook, but since my family isn't big on the flavor it's only a once in awhile thing.

Trixoo- great idea sprinkling turmeric in the smoothies! I may have to borrow that one. ;)

ETA: if you are looking at a curcumin supplement, make sure you find one with Bioperine in it (black pepper extract). This helps with absorption of curcumin. HTH!

ETA 2!: Also wanted to add those two supplements were the ONLY things I ever found to help me with my joint and knee pain! I tried traditional glucosamine/chondroitin supplements and never noticed a thing. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks all. I do take hyaluronic acid, as well as Shaklee glucosamine (my ortho said that's the best joint supp he's ever come across) and a liquid glucosamine for joints. The curcumin was suggested by a holistic doc as mostly an anti-inflammatory assist, in an effort to soothe some overworked muscle and aid in their recovery. She says when the inflammation goes down the muscle fibers can work to recover much better.

Great for inflammation and joint pain, and yes, a superfood. If taking it for inflammation/joint issues, make sure you are also taking 2-3 grams of fish oil daily (I think everyone, non-vegetarian, should).

So us this better then cosimin ur bi flex?
I am taking magnesium for headaches and tried cosimin and vitamin D and I found a turmeric pill. Then a fish oil but I don't take it all the time cause I get scared of overload for some reason but magnesium for sure everyday. Where can I get turmeric and these other supplements for joints?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.