Super Slow Workout

Seabush

Cathlete
A workout based on the Power of 10 concept.

4-6 Reps
10 Seconds on the positive. 10 seconds on the negative.
1 Exercise per major muscle group.

I like that! I love the slow and heavy series and would definitely purchase another similar series.
Jo

I would LOVE to see a workout like this too. In fact I posted about it about a month ago. I have been doing this type of training for 5 weeks now and I love it but I do see a problem with following a video and using free weights. When you fatigue, it's hard to control your weights and that could end up in injury. For instance, when I do chest presses with a barbell, I lose total control of the barbell when I am fatigued. I have a squat rack with a safety bar that catches it when I drop it. Cathe's biggest challenge would be to find great exercises that wouldn't risk injury but I think it can be done.

>>1 Exercise per major muscle group.

I like this idea. Maybe on the DVD version, there could be different exercise choices for each muscle group (ie: one day choose chest presses, the next time, choose chest flyes).

The slower, the better, especially on the negative.

Cathe,
I wanted to suggest the same thing. A slow and heavy 2 series with Slow counts (6-10) up (positive) and slow counts (6-10)down (negative).
I would buy this type of a workout in a heartbeat too. (In fact I'd buy all your workouts in a heartbeat;) !)
Thanks!:)

I love the concept .. but being able to convert the idea to a home based workout for super heavy weights will prove to be a challenge.

Maybe just a super slow idea - you can still do slow up and down counts of 10 ... just maybe take it to 8-10 reps per exercise instead of the 4-6 recommended. The whole idea is to take your muscles to failure, and doing that with a risk of injury to a home exerciser will prove challenging.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.