Super Easy DVDs

netflix?

If your mom has a netflix subscription (the DVD style subscription.) there are lots of Leslie Sansone DVDs and Kathy Smith (I love Kathy Smith too!) that she could try without having to buy them or keep them if she doesn't like them. I like to try DVDs before I commit to owning one.

Netflix is a fantastic idea (RapidBreath) - your mom can select a category and try different workouts to see which one she likes.

I wonder if your mom would want to try Cathe's Slide and Glide - I'm sure the burpees would be something to omit but the rest of the workout is something she could take her time with, doesn't have to keep the beat, and it is low impact. It would help build her stabilizing muscles which helps prevent falls.

Your Mom might like Richard Simmons. I have used him when I have been sick and need to get started back and only had limited energy. It is very encouraging to see oveweight people exercising and looking like they are really enjoying it. Richard is very supportive of everyone. Feels like you are just dancing but really getting a beginner's workout.

Netflix is a great idea! She doesn't have internet but maybe I can sign up for the DVD rental option. I will have to see how much a video costs on ebay vs a Netflix plan.

Richard Simmons is another great suggestion. She like oldies so maybe Sweating to the Oldies would be something she would like. Maybe Netflix really is the way to go so we can try different ones out to find an instructor she will like and stick with.

Thanks everyone! If you have any more idea, please feel free to post them!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.