Super advanced Kickboxing anyone???

divagirl

Cathlete
I have powerstrike Millenium #2 and I'm wondering if #1 or #3 are good as well. These are some of the hardest and most fun I've found.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for a super tough and fun kickboxing workouts??...I just love kickboxing but I want super tough.

Hi,
I have #1 and #3. #3 is not nearly a tough and #1 is a tad bit less intense than #2. I still think they are very good workouts. There are new Powerstikes coming out in June, so you may want to check out the Kickboxing one.

As for other workout... I like Cathe's KPC and Dawei Cardio Kickboxing ( this one is OOP.) You may want to see if you can find any OOP Powerstrikes. I've been told they are tough as well. The only one I have is Powerstrike Advanced #1 and that one it tough, too.

Lorrie

I really like #1 and am probably one of the few people who prefer it to #2. It's one of the few workouts that gives me DOMS in my legs - I have soreness in my hamstrings for days after if I haven't done this workout in a while.

Erica

Can anyone guide me as to where I can purchase Powerstrike Millenium 2. I went to the site, and apparently all 3 - 1, 2 & 3 are out of stock, and they have been for about the past month. I'm surprises Ebay doesn't carry any, they usually have everything. After reading this thread, I really want to try Powerstrike 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I bet they will get more in once the new Powerstrikes are ready to ship (which is supposed to be very soon). Note - volumes 1 and 2 are ONLY available on VHS. I e-mailed them and asked if 1 and 2 will ever go to DVD and Ilaria e-mailed me back and said, "No."

Powerstrike 3 is quite a bit less intense than KP&C in my opinion, but it's good for flexibility and balance. Also, I've noticed it's improved my form and range of motion when I do KP&C or Kickmax. I use Powerstrike Millennium 3 on a day after I do an Imax, Terminator, or Hardcore Xtreme workout as Powerstrike 3 is all low impact.

My first impression of PS 3 wasn't good- I thought that the intensity was way too low in comparison to #1 and #2. Now, I'm like Jillybean, I like having the opportunity to really focus on form, and find that I'm able to get lower in my stance and improve my balance. By the way, PS 1 is available at www.homeworkout.com, but it's $22.00 for vhs!

Hi!
Can you order the new powerstrikes yet? I've been to the website and have not seen anything about ordering them?? I really enjoy these workouts. CAn't wait for the new one and she has some time of forza workout?????
Jen

What are these Powerstrike workouts you guys are talking about? Are these some of Cathe's older videos? Or some other instructor?

Erin:

Powerstrikes are taught (or were taught) by Ilaria Montigagni and Patricia Moreno (I'm petty sure I butchered that spelling). They are diff. than Cathe's workouts - not as cardio/aerobic based, more form and execution based. Let me clarify that, they are intense and there's a huge sweat factor, but you do most of the moves sort of stationary - no grapevines, scoops, etc. One of the instructors is a black belt in karate and they both have very good balance and form. They're a nice respite from Cathe's impact. Check them out at www.powerstrike.com. Powerstrike 4 comes out in July.

I don't think you can order them yet. Ilaria e-mailed me yesterday and told me Powerstrike Millennium 4 comes out in July. The forza workout can be done with a broom handle (which I think would be too long) or another, cylindrical wood block. I believe a geniune forza sword weighs 2 lbs. I'm on the fence with this one...

hi
as a fun of TAEBO 4 many years will i learn new and intresting things or is it the same with a different name??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.