Sunscreen Recommendation

fitme40

Cathlete
I'm going to the beach next week and need some help. Whenever I use Coppertone sunscreen I get little bumps on my legs. I don't know if there is something in it I'm sensitive to. Any suggestions?

I have sensitive skin that reacts badly to a lot of sunscreens. I like Lancaster or Vichy sunscreens. They cost more than coppertone but I'm willing to pay more for skin care products if they work for me.

Vanicream Sport SPF 35 is by far the least skin-irritating sunscreen that I have ever used. It has no scent and won't make your eyes sting when you sweat. Since it's zinc-based, it does take a little longer to rub in than other sunscreens.

Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbour were just setting up to do some research about this. I am very grateful to see such great information being shared freely out there

I love Badger's sunscreen; they use all natural ingredients and it doesn't irritate the skin at all. It's also pretty thick so after a full day in the sun, I hardly had to reapply and this is the first time I've never gotten burned. Since it is thick, you do need to rub it in well. With all the studies coming out about harmful chemicals being used in mass-marketed sunblocks, I really do think green is the way to go.

Here's a helpful site that tells you what's safe; it's scary to see how much crap is out there. It also has a bunch of reviews for each product:
Environmental Working Group's 2011 Sunscreen Report | EWG's Skin Deep

I love Badger's sunscreen; they use all natural ingredients and it doesn't irritate the skin at all. It's also pretty thick so after a full day in the sun, I hardly had to reapply and this is the first time I've never gotten burned. Since it is thick, you do need to rub it in well. With all the studies coming out about harmful chemicals being used in mass-marketed sunblocks, I really do think green is the way to go.

Here's a helpful site that tells you what's safe; it's scary to see how much crap is out there. It also has a bunch of reviews for each product:
Environmental Working Group's 2011 Sunscreen Report | EWG's Skin Deep

I just saw Badger in the news, I hadn't heard of it before. I also like products for the skin that are as natural as possible. I still love my Blue Lizard sunscreen but I'll have to give Badger a try next time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.