Suitable for those with joint probs?

lori254

Cathlete
Hi everyone - I've ordered the STS strength series, and am intrigued by the Shock Cardio set but...I have loose joints and find that I can't tolerate high impact. My cardio workouts consist of elliptical and fast walking on the treadmill. Does this series have a lot of high impact?
Thanks!
Lori

The only impact would be if you did the plyo legs workouts*, all the other workouts are weight training only (and if impact is the only thing that bothers your joints, you should be just fine).

*In Meso 3, there are two leg-workout options: plyo legs and heavy legs, using a barbell and some sort of barbell rack with optional weighted vest.

I think she was asking about Shock Cardio, not STS strength training. I suspect it's mostly pretty high impact, but maybe you need to wait and see some of the clips, or at least read everything you can about it.

-Beth

I think she was asking about Shock Cardio, not STS strength training. I suspect it's mostly pretty high impact, but maybe you need to wait and see some of the clips, or at least read everything you can about it.

-Beth
Oops!
That's what I get for reading too fast!

As to the actual original question,:cool:, STS cardio does sound pretty high impact, unless modifications are used (or shown--there have been quite a few requests for Cathe to show a modifier, but no response from her or SNM yet).

I hope if Cathe decides not to use a modifier then at least show us low impact alternatives.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.