Suggestions for slide and glides

Peer Tree

Cathlete
Hi all,

I'd love to buy the slide and glides but the shipping cost is almost as much as the product itself.

Does anyone have a suggestion for alternaive slide and glides (for use on carpet)?

All suggestions welcome!

cheers Rosemarie

You could use paper plates but not for the cardio portion. And even for the toning section, I've been doing it with paper plate while waiting for my discs to come, but I can assure you that the intensity of the workout is totally different once you use them. I think Cathe thought this series with the precise intention of using the discs for upping the intensity, Hope someone else will give some good hints/suggestion, meanwhile I would keep a close eye on the shop for some deals/special offers, maybe you could buy them at a lower price ;)

Thanks for replying Ellie.

I've tried paper plates, it's OK but not more than that. Left little balls of paper on the carpet too....had to vacumn after each workout!

cheers Rosemarie

Hello! Where do you live? I'm from Canada and ordered the discs with the longer mail wait time, not priority post (so about 2 weeks) and it was no more than $5 I think. You have the option of choosing.

The discs are worth EVERY PENNY!! You are going to love how they shape and define your legs and butt. Out of all my fitness equipment, I cherish these the most!!

I'm in the Netherlands and the shipping is $15 (S&G is $23)

Still, your enthusiasm makes me want to reconsider!

i use the waxman furniture movers 7.5 inch, i got them on amazon and they work awesome for the slide and guide

Slide and glide substitutes

Before I got my slide and glides, I used two pieces of sheet metal that I cut with tin snips to about an 8 inch circular shape.

I have the slide and glides and honestly, they don't slide and glide very well on my carpet. There is a drag on them and it consumes far too much energy. Therefore, I have pushed them aside and returned to my furniture mover discs which work splendidly. The only thing I prefer is the round shape of the slide and glide opposed to the oval shape of my furniture discs. The furniture discs slide very easily and I still put my heals down to apply the brakes on the slide and glide move. I really wanted to use the slide & glide and am disappointed they don't slide so good on my carpet. Not sure why but it is what it is.

In the US, many sport shops carry Cathe's products like Dunhams. I would check online which stores carry Atlus. To me, they are golden.

What kind of carpet do you have? I don't have any issues but I do know I am pushing hard which drives up the intensity factor. My carpet is heavy plush with about one inch of padding underneath.

Peer Tree said:
Hi all,

I'd love to buy the slide and glides but the shipping cost is almost as much as the product itself.

Does anyone have a suggestion for alternaive slide and glides (for use on carpet)?

All suggestions welcome!

cheers Rosemarie

Peer Tree -

Try double checking the shipping costs...I know I placed an order a few weeks ago and the shipping seemed really high...I found out later from SNM that the shipping costs are calculated by external computers (e.g., USPS) and if that computer goes down the option just doesn't appear, just leaving you with the remaining options, which might be much more expensive.

Good luck!

I had trouble using the paper plates and then put them into plastic bags and they worked fine as a substitute for the discs.

Try two plastic frisbees. You might be able to get them at the dollar store or at the petsupermarket for only .99

Carmen.

Wow, I go to sleep and wake up to a pile of great suggestions!:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone, I have a few options now that I'll check out.

cheers Rosemarie

Peer Tree said:
Wow, I go to sleep and wake up to a pile of great suggestions!:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone, I have a few options now that I'll check out.

cheers Rosemarie

Did you order Cathe's calendar? If by chance you did, you can use your 20% off discount. They def are worth the workout you get from using them!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Big bang for the buck

I've been using gliding discs for years, and IMO, they are one of the best workout tools out there - right up there with stability balls, chin-up bars and pushup handles. VERY much worth the money!

Try two plastic frisbees. You might be able to get them at the dollar store or at the petsupermarket for only .99

Carmen.

I second this idea as well! I have heard many people using just plain dollar store frisbees. Oh, and another helpful tip that I was alerted to (from another forum) with regard to them not gliding so easily on carpet; spray some furniture polish on the bottom and polish the discs. It made a HUGE difference!

Mary -

Polishing the discs with furniture polish is a GREAT idea. I am going to do that tomorrow and do slide and glide with my discs. YAY Thanks for passing on that suggestion. :D

Mary -

Polishing the discs with furniture polish is a GREAT idea. I am going to do that tomorrow and do slide and glide with my discs. YAY Thanks for passing on that suggestion. :D

You are most welcome! I was very excited to learn about it myself and even more excited when it worked!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.