Suggestions for Cathe workouts for recovery week?

FitandFifty

Hi all,
I would love to hear which workouts are your favourites after a more strenuous workout week? I got up the nerve to take up Low/high impact -workout from Hardcore Extreme compilation to top off a week of Cathe cardio/circuit/bootcamp -workouts... I was REALLY almost not making it when the Kickbox blasts came after the Imax rounds this morning... but managed to get to the end with some modifications.
Next week is active recovery, and more focus on strength. I would love to hear what kind of workouts or even rotations you do for active recovery? I have the ICE series, maybe something from there, some steady state cardio steps workouts (love step!) - any other suggestions (from Cathe Live for instance, which I finally got for myself for Christmas...:)).

Thanks if you want to share your faves for recovery week!

So this is a great discussion for me, because I am not about killing myself every day.

Since you mentioned you like step for steady state cardio, I will say I really enjoy Step Sync as a recovery workout. I know there are the two parts where she slows the pace to teach a move, but now I take that slow down as a chance to work on my balance and timing. I almost always do the "double the final product" premix, and use one or two risers based on my goal for that day.

As far as weights during active recovery weeks, I actually really like the LITE series. At first, I was thinking it was too easy, but I really like it for recovery. The stacked sets routines are great, and I am really surprised how often I do Cardio Party and Rev'd up Rumble (especially Cardio Party...when I am sore and tired and aching but want steps and Cathe, it is perfect).

I agree ... if the weather is good, walks & bike rides are often my cardio for recovery week, otherwise LITE & ICE workouts if it's Cathe, or KCM or Jessica Smith as alternatives. If it's recovery from strenuous strength workouts, its often a Metabolic Weight- training workout, often again from LITE or ICE, or a TB from BodyBlast series.

Thanks Carrie and Debinmi! Yes - I am also trying to remind myself that I workout to feel good!! and even though I love that feeling after some really hardcore workouts, I find taking it easy every now and then is just as important! And just like Carrie said, there are some workouts that I used to be "too easy...", but I've actually learnt to love doing them, concentrating on having extra good posture and really concentrating on the moves. Making it a point to almost meditatively listen to my body and what it is telling me - and just like you said work on balance and timing. Metablic Blast from LITE is actually one of my favorites for this - it is short, has a really nice flow etc. Cardio Party is also a great suggestion, almost forgot about that :)!

And BodyBlast is a great suggestion too, almost forgot about that too as at some point I thought that one was sort of "too easy"..., but everything has their place.

I also tried Les Milles "Dance with Nina" from Youtube...;/))), I have ment to take up dancing more as I used to love it when I was younger..., but that's something that would be easier in real dance classes... and with Covid just haven't felt like going right now.

I tend to sometimes feel I don't get a "workout" without having any type of cardio..., and have found some of the Bonuses (LIS Low impact challenge, Low impact circuit training...) also great add-ons.

Thank you ladies - so nice to hear experiences from others - have a good week :)!

When I do a rest week, I do it with the purpose of allowing my body to fully recover and any exercise I do is there as a sort of "momentum" filler to make sure I'm still moving at least a little bit (and don't fall into a habit of not doing anything at all - it's more a "mental" exercise for me.) I do yoga and walks, then pick back up on the intensity after the rest week is over. Cathe has a few good yoga workouts. Her Mobility one is a good one, too. Happy rest week! Mine is coming up in just two more weeks. Whew! I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks! Rest week was really nice... and I think I will start doing lighter weeks more often - it was such a different feel to get back to "the sweatier stuff" after... I like the Cathe's mobility workout too - as well as find bands & loops really easy to modify lighter or heavier.

I am still trying to find some fun dance style workouts, so if anybody has any suggestions for these I'd be happy to hear suggestions on these too :). (That's the only thing I sometimes miss with doing mainly Cathe workouts (which I am so happy with that I haven't really bothered to actively look...;/)).

Not my idea, but one I have happily utilized is to string Cathe warmups together for a low key (but still Cathe) workout. You'd be surprised how great a workout 3 Cathe warmups are. (Especially her older , longer warmups. )

I enjoy dancing, too, so while not Cathe, I think Body Groove is a wonderful way to dial down the intensity but still move your body and get a solid workout in.

Finally, I routinely do Pilates and dance focused weeks to recharge. I have plugged in only one combo of Cathe's step workouts on a day (mostly because I'm trying to learn one ;) ) and then finished off with my mobility stuff.

Hope these help!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.