Sugarless Mommas and babies 3/21-3/27

here is how my haley came to the dinner table tonight..lordie! She would kill me if she knew I showed this to your guys!

Attachments

• DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 17
Dinner was so good! The green beans were insane, I need to find the recipe on the computer. My DH HATES green beans, ate them all and said that we could make them once a week. Even jimmy liked them. I made sauteed bread crumbs out of panko and sprinkled on top with lemon. MMMMMMmmmm. ANd Lemon Pepper Chicken adn wild rice.
Today:
1 cup coffee with milk
String cheese
1/2 protein bar
5 clementines
1 avocado
2 high fiber tortilllas with eblack beans and low fat mexican cheese
1 caffeine water
1 fiberful fruit leather
1 banana
lemon pepper chicken
wild rice
green beans with garlic, lemon, parmesan, bread crumbs, thyme
PITFALL:
Red wine (ran 16 miles, felt good to let go a bit)
1 large Sees candy chocolate covered marshmallow egg

Susan- Thanks for the tip and I was thinking the same thing so I didn't offer it to him. Plus I worried if he had a reaction at night too. I froze two trays full and saved a little for him to try tomorrow. I also made peas tonight and froze one tray of those to try later this week.

Christine- You are such a machine! I don't know where you get the energy for all these runs. I feel like such a peon. Your dinner sounds soooo good! I am hoping to feel better tomorrow so I can cook a few healthy meals for the week so I can get back on the wagon.

Good luck Melanie on your 8 miler! You will kick butt!

Off to try and put James down so I can get some rest tonight. Didn't really get anything done but the baby food.

Finally a couple of minutes. Whew. DH was super crabby when i got home...he must have had a tough day with the kiddos....so i packed them all up and drove Jory's friend home (he spent the night last night). DH refused to do it....I'm not going to get down on him, b/c he's normally soooooo good about driving kids around....but I didn't have time to eat dinner, so grabbed a pan sized pizza at gas station. I was full after 1/2 but gluttoned down the whole thing. EEK!!

Christine, your run sounds tough. Protein bar? I thought the energy gel would do best for keeping energy up during long runs? Should I bring both? i have a couple cliff bars. It looks like I might be running with my new running buddy & two other gals. :D I'm so sorry that cancer took your mom, especially at such a young age. I cannot imagine the pain of growing up mom-less. (hugs)(hugs).....your mom must have been marvelous b/c you are a natural!

Jen, I"m glad your thing went well. You sound exhausted, girlie! Get some rest!

Susan, I'm glad you liked the cookies. I made it with 1/2 butter 1/2 smart balance. I like smart balance...but maybe you dont? Have you made cookies with oil before? I like the cookies a little too much...I've gained a couple lbs since I started eating them. There won't be another batch for a very long time! LOL I loved haley's pic!!!

Precilla, you're so sweet to think of me & my Dad. You are right about the distance. It hurts to hear my mom (and dad) being in so much pain & I can't physically touch them. I'm planning a long weekend at the end of April to visit.

Hi Lisa & Allison!

Today's Eats

B: egg beaters, cilantro, black beans, lowfat cheddar, coffee, 2 flaxseed toast
S: Abs Trail Mix
L: 1/2 chicken sandwich, guacamole, swiss cheese, spinich. 1 cup veggie soup, milk
S: 4 lactation cookies
S: the other 1/2 sandich, diet pop
S: Fiber One Bar
D: pan pizza, 1 lactation cookie

Those THREE snacks after lunch was a poor substitute for dinner that I ended up having anyway. I also wanted to make sure i got enough carbs in today for my long run tomorrow. :eek: It wasn't very busy at work today, thus the nibbling too. Urgh. Feel just awful about the eating though! Tomorrow's another day!

Mel-I ran out of gels so took the bar. Both do the same. I am excited to heAr about your run!
I am thinking about making nachos. Hello PMS her I am. Maybe pop oen. Feel like I could ear a house!!!!

Okay, I'll bring a couple gels. it seems like I need them every 20-30 minutes!!! ...you're right, it's when my glycogen stores are depleted that I hit the wall hard...then it becomes mental more than physical for t he nexxt 5 minutes of hell!

Rev Abs? Anyone see them from BeachBody? urgh. So mnay workouts, so little time!!! lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.