Substitution question

Rhea

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

Hope you are not going too crazy during this Holiday season and are taking some time for yourself.

I have a substitution question for the 4DS Boot Camp. Currently I'm not allowed to do push-ups or any shoulder exercises which put my arm at 90 degrees or above or put pressure on the shoulder ball joint. So no thrusters, football run drops or those butt-kick jumps. I've been good at motifying some, i.e., just kept doing the football runs and no drops. I'm not sure what to sub for the thrusters or the butt-kicks. Are those drills just for the cardio or is there a specific skill being enhanced (besides upper body?)? Any suggestions?

Have a great day.

Hi Rhea...For Butt Kicks, there really is no similar substitution that wouldn't put pressure on the shoulder in one form or another. I think you would be better off repeating a different drill in its place each time you do the workout to improve your overall stamina. As for thrusters...sit on the edge of a chair and thrust your feet/legs in and out while leaning back slightly with your hands supported on the chair. Have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.