Stubborn Belly Fat

Cheznaz...stop doing so much cardio, lift heavy and eat more!

I tryed that aproach it didnt work for me. I gain muscle mass but at the same time my waisline was getting bigger, now I'm back to doing whole body workouts twice a week and doing cardio everyday. I'm 5ft tall and was starting to look short and stocky.

The only thing that worked for me was cutting out wheat products. Sadly I have not stuck to that for a while now and it definitely shows. Other grains seem OK but wheat definitely packs it on my waist and stomach.

I tryed that aproach it didnt work for me. I gain muscle mass but at the same time my waisline was getting bigger, now I'm back to doing whole body workouts twice a week and doing cardio everyday. I'm 5ft tall and was starting to look short and stocky.

Oh Gosh Lulu - I am 4'11" tall and even excess 3# make me look obese. And, I agree, in the past, my results have come from regular (5xweek) higher intensity cardio. But even then, my belly always remained fat.

When I was following P90X, I used to add morning cardio workouts as well. So I would workout 3x per week, twice a day to ensure I did 5 days cardio. Still, no joy. So, I have decided to give this Abs Diet routine a try (2x cardio and 3x weight per week). And, I am going to move my focus away from the belly for a whole month and let's see if that helps.

Something's gotta give!

Hi cheznaz - I'll throw out something completely different...

How about trying something like an all yoga routine for a few weeks and see what happens? If nothing else, it could help with stress. :)

Hi cheznaz - I'll throw out something completely different...

How about trying something like an all yoga routine for a few weeks and see what happens? If nothing else, it could help with stress. :)

That is quite an idea actually. Maybe I could do Yoga 1 day per week.
It will help eliminate stress and help me get more flexible.
What a great idea! Thank you so much!!

Now, any recommendation? I think I only own 1 VHS tape by Grace Lazenby - althought . . I think I also have a couple of tapes by Kari Anderson.

Kewl... Thank you Gayle! The change will surprise my body!
I am excited now!!!

Now, any recommendation? I think I only own 1 VHS tape by Grace Lazenby - althought . . I think I also have a couple of tapes by Kari Anderson.

I like Bryan Kest and Eion Finn. They're stuff is mostly Power Yoga, which is quite rigorous. Eion Finn has some free podcasts on his web site so you can get an idea of what he's like. I find him to be fun and playful. :)

Ali McGraw's "Yoga Mind and Body" is probably my favorite for a relaxing, mellowing routine with a great stretch. It's also visually beautiful and you should be able to find it for under $10.

I also like Shiva Rea and Rodney Yee, particularly Yee's "Yoga Conditioning for Athletes".

If you do a forum search on yoga, I know you'll find a ton of threads with great recommendations.

Hope this helps! :)

Try some kundalini yoga... check out Ravi & Ana's dvds on amazon. They've done wonders for my stress... and my fitness levels.

Thanks for the response! Wow, quite a few to select from. Let me see what Kijiji and Amazon have and will got with that.

:eek:)

Try some kundalini yoga... check out Ravi & Ana's dvds on amazon. They've done wonders for my stress... and my fitness levels.

I second the Kundalini. I really like all the yoga that has been recommended on this site, (Eoin Finn, Rodney Yee, Baron Baptiste, Bryan Kest, etc.), but Kundalini has done the most for my stress and out-of-control hormones. I can't do without it now.

Elsie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.