STS2.0

When Cathe and the crew rehearse do they use weights? The same weight
That is a good question. I know in the past Cathe said she tries to film using the weight loads she would use in a regular workout, not heavier or lighter. But with take after take and sweating under those heavy lights, I wouldn’t be surprised if she or the cast have to go a little lighter sometimes. I am not sure what the rehearsals of STS 2.0 entailed. I remember talking with some of the cast of the original STS and they said that was the first time Cathe gave them specific workout moves to train with before filming a series. My guess is they would use the same weights in rehearsals (or maybe a bit heavier) so they know exactly what weight they can handle the day of filming. This is all conjecture and I’d love to know the real answer though!

My conjecture is that they walk through it without any weights in the beginning. Then go back and forth using weights and not using them. Also, while we see a seamless version of a workout there could be many takes and editing that goes on plus the camera can and does "cut away" from a cast member if they are "struggling" etc. In my mind, it would be like shooting a movie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.