STS Weight Question

Candice2015

Cathlete
I started Meso 2 today and I have a question. When the worksheet calls for a weight of say 11lb dumbbell. Do you try to do with a 12lb DB or 10lb DB. I wish you could still purchase the gloves that Cathe wears in the video so I could add weights to gloves. I haven't found ones like that yet that will let me add small increments.

So I guess my question is which is better - go heavier or go lighter when the weight calls for something inbetween.

Thanks.

Try the lightest and pay attention how it feels.

If for example you are executing a 10 rep range and the seventh or eighth rep feel too easy, pick heavier.
last two - three reps should feel a struggle --- challenge/Intense on each SET;)
All the best.

Last edited:
I started Meso 2 today and I have a question. When the worksheet calls for a weight of say 11lb dumbbell. Do you try to do with a 12lb DB or 10lb DB. I wish you could still purchase the gloves that Cathe wears in the video so I could add weights to gloves. I haven't found ones like that yet that will let me add small increments.

So I guess my question is which is better - go heavier or go lighter when the weight calls for something inbetween.

Thanks.
Have u heard of Pace Weights, that's what I use

That is true. They stick, but not well enough to feel safe with them over my face! Luckily only my 12's are rubber coated.
I have to say though, if you have metal Dumbbells, they are a huge asset to have when doing STS. I am on my third round, but this is the first time using Pace weights. It's making a HUGE difference.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.