STS total body pull up alternatives???

mimisonny02

I just bought total body and I notice there are some pull up exercises but I do not have a bar nor do i have the space to do them any other way, but I was hoping someone would help me with doing another exercise that works the same muscle groups that the pull up bar does???? Please help! thanks

You can get some heavy or extra-heavy resistance cords/tubes (like Lifeline) to do pulldowns (by using a door attachment like this one: http://www.theragear.com/models/580_tda_100_door_attachment.php to attach the tube at the top of a closed door, and sitting or kneeling in front of the door and pulling down on the tubes). That would be the best substitute as far as working the same muscles in a similar way.

Another option would be to do pullovers, which are not quite as similar, but moreso than rowing exercises would be.

You know so much Kathryn - always. How? Are you a personal trainer or is this just a passion of yours so much that you gobble up information in this field?

You know so much Kathryn - always. How? Are you a personal trainer or is this just a passion of yours so much that you gobble up information in this field?

Definitely an avocation. I've been reading about fitness since I started working out with weights over 30 years ago. I also have seen and used many hundreds of workouts over the years. I often approach things I'm interested in by researching them and learning as much about them as I can.

Latex Resistance Toning Tube - Red/Heavy

I just bought total body and I notice there are some pull up exercises but I do not have a bar nor do i have the space to do them any other way, but I was hoping someone would help me with doing another exercise that works the same muscle groups that the pull up bar does???? Please help! thanks

We sell a heavy duty red tubing that easily attaches to any door. To order - Click Here

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.