STS Pyramid Challenge - November

Forgot to say in my last post...

Hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving :)

I'll check back in next week,

Tracy

Jules, hope you feel better!

Hey girls!

Well my PC bit the dust, as well, so my check-ins are sporadic at best :( I can check in either via phone or my sons laptop, so it's a little crazy.

I'm on my third week of M2, (Steph's Favorite :p) - enter the "Double Wave Load". I love that technique, too bad this was just a crazy week to have it :eek: , I have far too much going on, but I'm glad I got it in. I did Legs on Monday, and CBT today, so that just leaves trying to fit in B&B sometime this week. Either thurs, fri,or sun :confused:

Tracy: We have company coming in tomorrow, as well, so I'm doing like Jules and "planning" for the workouts, but we'll see what really happens. I made sure to fit in as many as I could before they came, so that I won't be too far off of schedule when they leave Monday (if say, I do...nothing all week, lol

Oh, shoot, gotta run! I'll try to get on again later.......Hope my post made sense :confused:

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone had a terrific weekend. :) I was sick on Thanksgiving and ended up with laryngitis - yikes! DD was really sick all holiday weekend as well. :( On the bright side, I did manage to get in all 3 M2 W2 workouts on Saturday and Sunday. I did a major grocery shopping trip in town today and was feeling pretty wiped out after, so it's a rest day. I'll be back in the STS game tomorrow though and will report back!

Hey Julie..sorry you were sick..but glad you were able to bang out your workouts on the weekend :D
I am on my last week of meso 2..i did the 2nd week 2x because i HATE week 3. Feeling pretty good :) I have adiscovered a way to really fry my legs! After a legs sts workout i add another series of 3 exercises done three times. I do a dixie cup rotation which includes forward lunges (16x each leg), side lunges and elevated lunges...not using any weights and 16 repping it really add a nice burn to end off the workout!.. i am in leg love:)

Kiki: hope you back is better.

Tracy and bayerngirl hope you had a great weekend too!

Just finished up Disc 16 (CST) and Insane Abs -- feels good to be done! I've still got a slight case of bronchitis so Insane Abs is as much cardio as I can handle.

Hi Steph: You're almost in the home stretch now! So you *really hate* M2W3, huh? I had to go check it out as I have it on board here soon. Now I remember tho - there is a lot of fiddling around with constantly changing the weights. I guess I don't mind it too much, as long as I get everything set up in advance... at least the rest periods go by quickly. :D Your new leg workout sounds awesome!

I hope everyone else is having a good start to the week!

Hello everyone!
Checking in very sporadically because of my computer issues- I have one ordered (back ordered) so I will be checking in when I can. Meso 3 Week 3 starting up this week and I must say it is much easier going than I remember. I should up my weights, but I am getting pretty "bulky" in the lats,biceps and thighs. This happens every time I do STS and I have been eating super clean this round with the hope that it wouldn't occur, but alas I am beginning to look a little too full in those areas.
I hate to admit it but I am vain and want to keep my pant size the same (or smaller) and my butt and thighs are growing as my weight stays the same. I am not sure I will pyramid down since Meso 2 is the culprit for this issue. (well that and the ongoing hormone swings that menopause brings!!) I will finish Meso 3 but I may switch to more endurance/ toning weight workouts and see what happens.
On another note- I am all set for Christmas. House is decorated (thanks to my granddaughter spending a few days over the weekend motivating me), presents are bought and the cookie making supplies in the pantry ready for next weekend's baking blitz. I haven't been this organized since 1986 when I was put on bedrest awaiting the birth of my son. How is your holiday season gearing up??

Brenda have you tried the new LIS total body trisets lower body premix? I have been doing it every second day to help thin my man legs out...It loses 15 max with 16 reps...
So I do one meso 2 leg workout and every day or second day i do that... overtraining in the hopes of reducing size...so far i have no complaints...however i am just in peri-meno at 40:confused:

Good Morning! Just checking in and procrastinating before I do Disc 17 (Legs). :p

Brenda: Great to hear you have a new puter on the way soon! We are all done decorating and almost done shopping for Christmas as well :) I need to fill up the advent calendar with treats and toys today for the kiddos.

I'm so jealous that you are ready for the "cutting phase." Endurance and circuit workouts are my absolute fave. :) I'm not quite 2 months into this STS rotation and my measurements have pretty much stayed the same while weight has gone up a few pounds. I have a lot less jiggle than when I started though and feel so much stronger.

Well I had better get going here- hope everyone has a terrific day!

ETA: I'm done- that was really tough! For some reason Disc 17 kills me. I'm looking forward to Legs next week - an easier sequence for me. I will probably do some Yoga for Athletes later this afternoon, but right now I just want to curl up with my iPad for a little bit. :)

Last edited:
Hi All,

Wow, I'm so jealous of you girls who are ready for Christmas. I'm struggling trying to find gifts for the nieces and nephews and still haven't finished up my kids and hubby. I've got one tree up and need to finish the other tonight plus a little bit more decorating as well.

Started back w/ M2W1 Monday and happily have some good DOMS happening but not as good as two weeks ago ;)

Better run and round up the kiddos from outside.

Tracy

I only got about 6 hours of sleep last night (ds wasn't feeling well and climbed in bed w/us) and then I had my first mammogram this morning. The actual procedure itself wasn't too bad-the long wait in 3 different waiting rooms was more annoying-heh. I have to admit I was feeling pretty tired today and didn't want to work out, but I popped in Disc 18 (B&B) and went for it. I also did "Jurassic Park Abs" from KPC. I'm feeling pretty great now. :) M2 W2 is a wrap! (at least until I head back down the pryamid)

I hope everyone is feeling good. :D

Hi gals! Today was Disc 20 - Legs. Well it was by no means easy, I find this one much kinder than Disc 17. :) Not sure if I'll do anything else workout-wise today. Both kiddos came into our room and woke us up at 4:45 am, so I didn't get enough sleep. Plus my daughter's school Christmas program is tonight. (She is in kindy and they are singing "Jingle Bells.) :)

I hope everyone is getting their STS groove on! It's tough to stay motivated during the holidays. My diet has been better for sure, but I just can't say no to all the delicious holiday goodies.

ETA: I just realized that this thread is for November, so I'm just going to start a new thread for December ;)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.