STS Pyramid Challenge - January

Today was the final C&B wo of M3, got SBT left in Wed, & then I'm done w/M3 & on to recovery week. I repeated wks 2&3, and I'm really glad I did because I finally hit my max weights in ALL exercises. It was tough! I'm def gonna miss it, though.

Heather- glad you're on the mend. I know what you mean about not catching a break. TOM will be here for me before you know it, and I'm not looking forward to all the madness that comes with mine :(

Jules - I can't believe you're in M2 already, I'll be there soon! I'll be starting my rest week on Thurs after my last M3 wo, so I'll be in M2 by the end of next week. Guess I gotta mentally prepare now, for the faster pace. I've gotten spoiled in M3, lol...

Tracy- since you're looking to get your eats on track....you could always come over to MFP & join us! :D It's where all the hip chicks are :p. well at least the hip Cathletes ;)

Today was cardio and I picked one of Cathe's oldies, but goodies: CTX Triple Threat (choose 3 cardios from CTX series.) I picked All Step, Step & Intervals, and Kickbox and finished with the abs and stretch from Kickbox. Time: 110 minutes Calories: 745! That second cup of coffee is gonna taste good today. :p

Tracy: Yes, you should join MFP! I finally did and it is pretty cool. Lots of Cathletes there to cheer you on! :)

Kiki: Congrats on hitting PBs - awesome! I have to admit I like the faster pace in M2 (I have exercise ADD :eek:)

Today was M2W4 Legs (those tri-sets are killer!), Hiit Pyramid, and Yoga-Inspired Abs. Time: 95 minutes, Calories: 647. I can't believe that January is almost over. I am so happy I stayed strong and have almost completed my 600 calories 6x/week goal for the month. I need to think of a new goal for February. I have a few ideas, but my next challenge/goal for February will probably be food-related. ;)

Lots of leg doms today! I will probably have to take a rest/yoga day on either Saturday or Sunday to recharge. Today was cardio and I did Terminator: Imax Extreme. Started out thinking it wasn't too bad, but was dying by the end (did Cathe really have to put those plyo jacks last? :mad:) Finished with Stretch Max segment 3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

Time: 93 minutes, Calories: 698.

*SIGH* M3 is over :(

So sad to see it go....

Today was TB, and I swear every time I do that workout, I wonder what in the world I was thinking?! :mad: My supporting leg was giving me fits! I keep thinking it'll get easier, but apparently, that's a no-go.

I'll be on my rest week until next Wed, and I plan on taking it e.a.s.y :cool: until then, lol. Today was about as hard as its gonna get. I see lots of stretching in my future, and I'm actually really looking forward to it after doing the extra 2 wks of M3.

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend :) I'll be starting W3 of M1 tonight..can't believe I'll be done w/ the pyramid in two weeks! My hubby has really gotten excited doing STS so he may want to keep going w/ M2. I may try to talk him into doing something else w/ me and starting back in a couple months b/c I know he'll want me to keep doing it w/ him. But, I gotta change things up since I've been going for 5 months ;)

KiKi & Jules, I joined MFP awhile back but haven't taken the time to figure it out yet. I def need to do that. Kiki, enjoy your rest week :) Jules, I've got crazy legs DOMS going on too :D

Tracy

Hallo girls,

This week is M2 W3 for me ( I am pyramid down). 5 more weeks and I am done with my 8 1/2 month STS rotation.

DH and I are still painting the house, I am so glad when it's over. It starting to look really nice;) I pinched my neck painting yesterday:( need to ge a good stretch in today.

Tracy - good job, with your 5 month STS rotaiton. What results did you get with this round of STS?

What are your plans after STS?

I will try to check in again this week, my fruniture from Germany is coming this week (haven't seen it since 10 month:(). Will unpack/clean all weekend long. Just letting you all know, I am still here and working out every day...just don't have time to post every day:(

Good job, everyone! And keep up the good work. BBL!

Howdy! Since it is Monday, I decided that my January challenge of 600 calories burned/day is done and officially have started a "Clean Eating" Challenge for February. I plan to eat "clean" food all day every day (except Super Bowl Sunday and Valentine's Day). No going more than 3 hours without eating and protein with every meal and snack. This is going to be tough, but I know I can do it! (Like many of us Cathletes, I'm actually guilty of under-eating quite often.) I started logging my food at MFP today and was happy that it is very user-friendly.

BTW, I did get decent results in January. I had gained 5 pounds from my (de-conditioned) starting weight in October after doubling up on STS workouts for Mesos 1 & 2 and doing very little cardio. That 5 lbs is now gone and I have lost an inch from both my waist and my hips, and about 1/2 inch from my thighs. :) I can't keep doing workouts as lengthy and intense as I did in January or I will burn out, however, so I decided to concentrate on the eats this month and cut back the cardio a bit.

Tracy: I'm also curious.... what are you going to do after STS? You should join the Cathe group at MFP - it's fun! (Kiki has a lot of great blog posts there as well.)

Belinda: Nice to hear the house is coming along! Have fun unpacking and arranging your furniture. :p

Im the worst at checking in over here. So sorry :eek:

But i finished Plyo legs yesterday. Hate that one....all the jumping after having 2 kids is annoying! I have to stop and run to the bathroom to pee! So embarrassing!

Today is Shoulders/tri/bis! I love this workout! So im ready to kill it today!
Then saturday will be my last workout in M3 with the squat rack legs....all ready for our ski trip and "recovery week".

Im not LOGGING in one single bite of food on MFP next week :)

Hi Gals! Sorry I've been so bad about checking in lately. Workouts are going great though! I have toned it back a bit workout-wise since last month was so intense, and am concentrating more on eating quality food. So far, so good! I can't say that I have lost any weight yet, but I do feel more energetic and strong. I started Meso 2 Week 2 today and it was terrific - I love doing back-off sets. :) I was happy that I was able to increase most of my poundage from when I went up the pyramid too.

Heather: I hope you are having a blast skiing!

Hi Girls,

Looks like we've all been slow w/ checking in lately. Two more workouts & I'm done w/ the pyramid. Planning on tris/back tomorrow and wrapping it up w/ legs Wed. Still haven't settled on what I'm doing next. I got really good results doing Supreme 90 before STS so I'd like to go back to that but probably a modified version since I don't want to give it 3 months. OR I might do a week of GS, another week of different total body w/o's back to GS the next week, then a last week of TB before going back to STS. Or, if y'all have any suggestions for me I'd love to hear from you.

Hope you all are doing well w/ the workouts and the eats :)

Tracy

Congrats on being done, Tracy! Woo-Hoo! I would love to hear your synopsis of doing STS "pyramid style" and your results! I like S90 as well. I still have about 6 weeks left with STS, but I plan to do a total mish-mosh of workouts when I am done: Cathe, S90, P90X, TurboFire, Asylum, Yoga... whatever sounds good! I may even reward myself with a few new workouts to celebrate finishing the pyramid. :D

I am on my final week of Meso 2 and heading into recovery next week. Looking forward to the fast-paced workouts of Meso 1 again (not so much the push-ups though. ;))

Thanks Jules! All done and onto recovery week. I think I'll need it after this weekend especially. We are off the the boy's big district swim meet at the Univ. of Alabama, so I'll be needing a rest come Monday. I'm going to miss STS so I don't know how long I'll be able to stay away.

Hope the rest of you enjoy the pyramid down. It was great for me...good results!! Have a happy weekend :)

MFP

Hey Girls,

I'm going to try to make myself get on MFP every day so I'd love to join up w/ you all over there. I'm not sure how to find you though so look for me if you'd like. My user name is "mamatoallboys" :)

Hope everyone's week is going well,

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.