STS New Years Challengers...Week of May 9

kikster

Cathlete
Good Morning ladies!

Saturday's rest day was much appreciated, and taken full advantage of :p . Yesterday we woke up pretty early and took my MIL out for breakfast, and then came home & spent the rest of the day here. Yesterday I did the shoulder, bicep, tricep DVD from Supreme 90, and 30 min on the elliptical. I suppose that it's kinda good that those DVDs begin w/some core work, as you know that I'd probably skip them if they were at the end :eek: . Today was supposed to be Athletic Step, but I foresee me chickening out and doing 4DS-LIS. :rolleyes:

Wendy: I hope the day is treating you better, so far. I feel your pain, because even though I technically "took the day off" yesterday, everything (and more) that I would normally do on Sunday was still here waiting for me on Monday :mad: . So it's been a VERY busy VERY frustrating morning so far, that just makes me wish I'd just kept busy yesterday instead of telling myself not to :confused: .

Tracy: An 8 inch step :confused: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! :rolleyes: With all my moanin and groanin, I didn't even have ANY risers :eek: !! ROFL :p You are SO my idol :cool:

Katie: You too, with the 8-inch step?! What are you people?! :eek: LOL. I hope the rest of your week goes as planned for your workouts. What time are you waking up on Sundays? The same as during the week? I usually have the hardest time waking up on Mondays, too, so I feel like I'm running behind all day :(

LaDonna & Autumn: I hope you ladies enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend!

I posted this on last week's thread this morning by accident so I'm copying it here...

Morning.

Well this morning finds me in better spirits despite the fact that it's Monday *groan*.

I did Rythmic Step in full this morning followed by a sweaty gut wrenching 2 1/2 minute prone elbow plank. It nearly killed me! :eek:

I am sore from my neck to my wait. OUCH! Everything hurts! :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks Tracy and Katie for understanding my gripe last night. Didn't want to come off as sounding like selfish baby who didn't get her way but it was Mother's Day for goodness sake and I got NO TIME for myself. That's what really got me. :mad:

Today's a new day though and I'm :)!

BBL for personals~

Kiki:: S90 is an excellent rotation for those who neglect ab/core work b/c he ingeniously builds that right into each work out so you CAN'T leave it out or forget it! ;):p:D You know I could have left the house work laundry and food shopping for this week instead of doing some of it y'day but I KNEW if I did that it would only make it worse. It wasn't worth it for me especially b/c I have to prepare for my son's 6th B'day party with the family that we are having on Saturday! I needed to get a jump on a few things or I'd be crying by Friday! Well, I might be crying anyway :p but atleast it'll be a few less tears this way!:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:

ricklyk1: I so understand not sleeping..I went through a very bad spot a few years ago when it seems like I didn't sleep for about 2 months...anyway...something that I do that really does help is to take Benadryl. It may sound weird, but it really does help me. I learned this little trick from one of my sisters' friend's. Her doctor told her it was harmless.

I just take one tablet of plain old normal Benadryl when I think I might have trouble and it works!... I only do it maybe once a week, but I have done it more in the past. I just got the 100-count (or so) bottle from Costco.

I haven't worked out yet. Hubby is home today (that should explain that). I will do my STS 7 later. I don't know if DH wants to take a bike ride or walk yet...we'll see. I'll check in later.
Blessings!!:)

Happy Mother's Day (belated)!!!!

Ok, maybe I can make a weekly check-in... sheesh!!! Last week, my DH was in Miami so my eating & workouts suffered. He got home & then we had our anniversary, Mother's Day weekend, and our normal chaos. :) I squeezed in 2 kbell workouts. This week, I should be staring Meso 3, but that is such a big chunk of time. I am hoping the baby will find me working out entertaining, but she got bored watching me with the kbells... maybe b/c I was so far away in my effort to protect her from the occ. maverick kbell that gets loose. :eek: This should be an interesting week... :confused:

Kiki ~ Do you like the S90 workouts? I've only done the Tabata, which I really liked.

Wendy ~ I totally understand needing alone time. Hmmm... S90 may serve my neglected abs/core well. ;)

Tracy ~ A bike ride sounds nice. I really enjoyed living in Colorado (we were there for almost 2 years) b/c I enjoyed getting outside and biking, hiking, etc. The humidity in MO makes it not so much fun or maybe I'm a wimpy. :p

Cathe had a post one time about sleeping troubles. I think she posted some info on melatonin... but my memory isn't what it used to be. I'll try to find it and share.

Oh my li'l ray of sunshine is hungry... :D

I just read that Cathe is holding auditions for a chance to be in her Cycle Max video! 8 spot are available but you have to be going on one of this year's road trips to be eligible to try out so KIKI...are you gonna give it a shot!? :D:D:D

Autumn:: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! :D I remember the challenges of working out with a baby. I did pretty well with my son but I did have to stop in the middle quite often to get him happy again if he started to complain. Either that or I adjusted my work out time to his nap time or just before he woke up in the morning. Whatever worked out better depending on his ever changing schedule. ;)

Last edited:
Fit_mommy said:
I just read that Cathe is holding auditions for a chance to be in her Cycle Max video! 8 spot are available but you have to be going on one of this year's road trips to be eligible to try out so KIKI...are you gonna give it a shot!? :D:D:D

:eek: I just saw that too! Idk, maybe :confused: lol. DH & DS say go for it, I say...umm I know its for a cycling vid, but will my lack of coordination on the step discredit me :p from being "fit" as the description indicated ? Ha ha

:eek: I just saw that too! Idk, maybe :confused: lol. DH & DS say go for it, I say...umm I know its for a cycling vid, but will my lack of coordination on the step discredit me :p from being "fit" as the description indicated ? Ha ha

I say go for it! If you will be able to get away from home for rehearsal/filming then why not give it a go? It could be your once in a liftime chance at stardom! ;):D I haven't spun in like 3 years but if I were going on one of these RT's I think I would try out anyway! What the heck! :p

I just finished STS 7 and the multitude of push-ups! goodness gracious!

Anyway, done.

autumn: good to see you on the board.

I haven't pre-ordered yet, but hope to do so tomorrow. Question: If we order extra dvds to make it to the free-ship amount, do we have to wait until August to get those too?

Last edited:
Good Morning!

D20/legs is DONE! Onward and upward to Discs 22-24 now! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Only 2 more weeks to go in Meso 2! WOW! :D

BBL!:cool:

I say go for it too!!!! You'll be great i'm sure. :eek::eek: If you're in the video then i'll HAVE to get a spin bike. :) I wouldn't worry about your lack of coordination on the step. I don't think that will keep you from being in the video. Especially if you put on a gun show like you did for your DH and DS. :p

Autumn: I'll have to see if I can find the Cathe article about melatonin. Thanks so much for letting me know about that!!!

Wendy: Great job cranking out Disc 20!

Tracy: Thanks for the info about benadryl. I try to avoid taking pills, but i'm about to that point. I thought Disc 7 just REEKED of push-ups! There were soooo many. Plus, the placement of the push-ups made them that much harder. That sneaky Cathe! :p If you add additional DVDs to your pre-order you don't have to wait until August to get them. I added Cardio Fusion and get it about 5 days after I submitted by pre-order.

LaDonna: Hope you're having a great week so far!

Well, I snuck in Disc 8 late yesterday evening (about 8:00 pm). Unforutnately, I had another very crappy night of sleep and I woke up today with an upset stomach (it is better now) so I didn't work out again this morning. Sigh. I have to work 11 hours today (crazy new work schedule) so hopefully i'll be so exhausted by the time I get home at 9:00 pm tonight that i'll fall right asleep. Fingers crossed!

Tracy:: Good job with D7 and all of the push ups! M2 has been push up free...until NOW that is! They come back for D22 (so be warned!:eek:) which I am slated to do for the first time on Thursday! Thankfully atleast there aren't quite as many and she pushes them all out before you do anything else so your muscles will be fresh for it. I am trying to think of it as an extended warm up! ;)

Katie:: An 11 hour work day?? Blah! Do you get a shorter day in return...say like a half day on Fridays or something? :D I feel you with your bad night's sleep. I deal with insomnia on and off and it's not fun at all. :(

PS...I had asked Kristin on FB if she was going to come back to the check in. She said she was but that was atleast a week ago if not more already and there's no sign of her so I think we lost her too. :(

Ok, I am not mentally ready for such lengthy workouts so I'm doing short, intense workouts. :eek::) Hopefully, I'll get back to Meso 3... soon. :D I did a ChaLean workout y'day and a bodyrock.tv workout today.

Wendy ~ Thank you!! DH & I have been married 21 years and a couple for 25. The man is a saint. :)

Tracy ~ Whatch gonna order in addition to the new DVDs?

Katie ~ Cathe shares an article in this thread. I used L-tryptophan for awhile and it really helped. I can't take Benadryl... well, I don't like it b/c I suffer from a "Benadryl hangover". Oh, and not everyone has the post-Benadryl hangover. I have had a difficult time finding an antihistamine b/c I have side effects. I'm such a pain... typical nurse... hehe. I hope you catch some zzz's soon. :)

Kiki ~ YES, you should audition!!!!!

Well, I just did BodyStrikes 2 with Ilaria Montagnani. It was a pretty good cardio w/o with lower body stuff.

I am so bummed!!! I did not know that you would get your extra dvd right away so I only order one. I am going to see if I could get another. Sometimes I am soooo lame-o!

Feel like I haven't checked in in forever, but I looked, and it's only been since yesterday :p . I did end up doing 4DS-LIS yesterday :eek: . This morning was STS TB (which includes ABS :D , and that one has such a good ab w/o)). I really pushed myself to lift hard and heavy, and it was awesome. I'd forgotten how much I like that one.

Autumn: That was the first S90 workout that I've done, so I guess I'm not the best judge, lol. But if you lift as heavy as possible, I'm assuming it would give some pretty decent workouts. And you gotta appreciate the abs right up front, for someone like me, who'd be sure to duck out on them :cool: . I just wanted to get in a quick upper body circuit, so I figured I'd give it a shot since the DVDs have just been sitting around. (I decided against the Chest & Back one for now, because that one annoys me the way they compete :rolleyes: - yea I preview most of them, but haven't done them yet :eek: ) But let me tell you...I WAS DRIPPING IN SWEAT BY THE END OF THAT WORKOUT, so I was rather satisfied w/it (being that it was only an arm workout, I thought that said alot). Sooooo, about the audition, you were planning on joining me, weren't you ;) . Or did you forget our introvert pact ??? :p .....OH, and Happy Anniversary! How awesome to be married for over 2 decades! :eek:

LaDonna: Hope your enjoying that "rest" week. I tried to take one last week, but I just couldn't stay away. :p I did take it easy(-er) than I was in Meso 3, soooo does that count? ;)

Tracy: I've been wanting to order one of Ilaria's DVD's, they seem like they'd be right up my alley. As we all know, stepping is NOT my forte. :eek: Maybe I'll buy it after the road trip when I RUN (not walk) back to my first love- kickboxing :D

Katie: Hope your sleep issues get resolved, I know that really stinks when you have to squeeze so much out of your day (11 hours! :eek: ), but can't get the rest you need. :(

Wendy: Ah, return of the pushups! Don't ya just love it?! :confused: I actually didn't mind it, looking at it as you did, an extended warmup. I was very grateful for the endurance that Meso 1 built in order for me to look at it that way. ;)

Good Morning.

S90: Tabata Inferno was this morning's work out. Good stuff! Gets cardio and core/abs done at the same time. All wrapped up in a nice neat tortorous little 40 minute pkg! ;)

Tmrw it's back to STS with my first run thru of D22 and the dreaded PUSH UPS! :eek: Push ups are in TI too so as I was doing them I was wondering what I was thinking picking that work out to do the day before D22!:confused::p

Scale is still going down and body fat is down as well! YAY! My BF has gone down 1% since starting WW! YAY! :D

Kiki:: I enjoy High Reps abs over STS TB abs BUT I enjoy the STS TB weight work out more then High Reps. I know-I have to be difficult!:p

Tracy:: I have the orginal Body Strikes and enjoy it but I haven't done it in ages!

Autumn:: Wow! Congrats on surviving that many years together! ;) LOL Just kidding!

Today was CTX Kickbox today, w/weighted gloves. That was a nice sweat for me. And it felt good to get some good arm action in on a cardio day. Though I technically move my arms a lot during Step, I never quite feel the pump that I get in the arms from Kickbox. Especially when I add the weighted gloves ;) . It'll be back to my regularly scheduled step program on fri.

Wendy: yea, I agree on the High Rep ab w/o, that is a really good one, hits the lower abs well (which I need the most :p ) . Speaking of abs, today's w/o also had abs at the end...and I actually did them! :O . Yep 2 days in a row, I'm on a roll ;) (though i definitely don't see it happening tomorrow, lol - got Plyo legs on tap, and that one gets me winded! Plus I wanna do extended stretch, & won't have time for abs)

Okay, I feel like a complete idiot. I JUST REALIZED when you hit the "post reply" button (not the quick reply) that it gives you the entire thread BELOW the text box. I've been trying to remember what everyone has posted and respond from memory. Wow. What a dummy I am! :rolleyes: :D

CCC for me this morning. I can tell i've been slacking on my workouts because I just about didn't make it through! :eek: What a toughie!

I slept much better last night. I got about 6.5 hours of sleep which is much better than the 4-5 hours I got the two nights before that (i'm shooting for 7-8). Thank you all so much for your thoughts, suggestions, and encouragement!

Autumn: I completely missed the fact it was your anniversary recently. Congrats!!!! I understand totally about having problems with antihistamine side effects. I have horrible allergies and suffer from a similar problem. I think i've taken about every antihistamine option out there. Oh and thanks so much for the link to Cathe's thread! That was very helpful! I've been taking melatonin on and off for over 2 years now. I think i've taken it way to much - which is probably why it is not effective anymore. Time to get back to the basics - yoga, lavender, warm baths, etc. :)

Wendy: I'm so glad to hear your scale and BF% are still on the downward slide! That's fantastic! Yep, i'm taking Fridays off as an award for working long hours on T-W-Th (Mondays are normal). Oddly enough so far i'm not minding the long days too much. Once everyone vacates the office I can get so much work done!

Kiki: I LOVE 4DS-LIS!! I think it is those hip-hop repeater things in the warm-up - for some reason they just make me happy. :eek: The only bad thing about STS is that I start to miss my other weight workouts, like STS TB. :confused: (missing workouts - am I screaming dork today or what). I've only done STS TB a few times but really enjoyed it. Listening to you and Wendy talk about S90 is starting to convince me I need to look into the series for after STS. There are soooo many workouts I want to get - S90, barre, yoga, more kickboxing....aahhhh! :p

Tracy: I have to admit your post made me laugh (lame-o, haha). If your order hasn't shipped yet you can probably still add additional DVDs. I've emailed customer service a couple of times and they've always been very kind, quick, and accommodating. Let's us know what you decide to get!!

Kiki:: I can understand why you wouldn't be up for abs AFTER Plyo Legs but you can always toss them in BEFORE! :D How much do you hate me now for suggesting that? ;):p

Katie:: LOL please don't feel like an idiot. I used to make notes for myself before I realized all I had to do was scroll down to see everyone else's posts! :rolleyes: A 3 day weekend? WOW, I'd work 4 longer days to get that too! You betcha! ;) Glad you got some sleep last night. 6-6.5 hours is the minimum that works for me too and I've been getting just that most nights lately but I usually try to get as close to 8 hours as I can. Anything beyond 8 just is NOT going to happen during the week for me. Thanks re my recent losses. I am THRILLED! :D

Late late check-in today. Really busy! My DH is travelling out of the country tomorrow, and my son calls at the last minute needing FAFSA stuff today and it is the last day for some reason. Then we couldn't find it, since we moved a few months ago...

oh well, anyway, I got my workout in before most of it hit the fan. I did STS 8 and 30 minutes of Lower body blast timesaver.

ricklyk1: that is hilarious about the threads below our reply box...because you know what...I didn't know either!!!! I would open two tabs. I laughed when you said that because I was illuminated. :p Even when I went to post this I was thinking how in the world can I remember what I want to write until I remembered that ...:eek::rolleyes: thanks for the lesson!

kikster: I really like Ilaria. she is all business, but not in an off-putting way. She is very likable, I think. I only have the one workout of hers but want to get another for sure. She also has excellent form and her workouts are very structured and organized. I can track with her because of the structure, which is why I also like Cathe.

autumn: I ordered STS ab circuits, Cardio Core Circuit and Hiit. That's all I dare order. And really there are only a few more that I might want. But I think my Cathe collection is about complete....except that I don't have CTX. But actually, I used to have it, but just was not feeling the love, so I sold it on ebay (gasp):eek:.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.