STS Gym

alicia17

Cathlete
Cathe - I have read the STS presale information several times now, and I must say I am intersted in the concept. I am sure this is a great undertaking on your part, and I look forward to the finished product.

I hope I am not jumping the gun, but you mentioned in your post another new product called STS Gym which should be relased this year. It will follow the same formula as STS, but for use in the gym. I am also very interested in this as well.

My question is, will STS gym be offered free or with a discount to those who order STS on DVD. It seem silly to order the same workout twice (especially with one having a $200 price tag).

I would be more apt to take part in the pre-sale if STS Gym could be clarified. If this has already been discussed, I apoligize. There are so many posts on this topic, it is hard to sort through them. Thanks again for the great workouts.

Alicia

STS-Gym will follow a similar format to STS but will be made for exercisers wanting to workout at a gym. This will be a MP3 audio only production, not video. We have know idea at this point how much STS-Gym will sell for as it is only in the very early stages of development, but it will not be free.

I realize that STS will be audio only. Maybe you should consider including a CD for MP3 use with this package. This would really make the product a complete package (dvd, mp3, nutrition package, fitness manager). Pleaseeee.....Alicia

We really don't see CD's as something we want to get involved with. CD sales are plummeting right now and we don’t want get started in a new business embracing a media that has a very questionable lifespan. MP3’s are just an easier and better format for the consumer. We can sell them for less since we don’t have to pay a CD duplicator to make and ship a product. We don’t have to design and pay for packaging of a product to hold the CD and most importantly we don’t have to charge you for shipping. CD players are also very bulky and not as user friendly as a compact MP3 player. We see lots of people wearing and using MP3 players in our club, but hardly any using a CD player.

I would also add that it is very easy to take an MP3 and burn it to a CD if that is someones preferred use. I totally agree with SMN in that it is not a good time to consider using CD's as the cost and complete decline in CD sales.

And vice versa. You can easily copy an audio CD and transfer it to an MP3.

And some may argue that DVD are soon to become obsolete. Am I mistaken, or isn't Cathe implementing IPOD software, I think it was called The Workout Blender.

So, I guess there will be two new types of formats at some point. MP3 and video.

I will be very disappointed to receive my 37 DVD's only to find out the MP3 will be coming out shortly. This should have been streamlined to coincide together, so people would have another option to buy. Maybe it shouldn't of been mentioned at all, if more information was not available. I can't make a decision now to justify this $200 price. I will have to wait and check for more update.

I can't really understand your point on this. STS-Gym is a completely different product than STS and goes after a completely different market. There is no reason to release both at the same time. Also, there is a big difference between the current state of CD sales and the current state of DVDs sales. MP3 has already replaced CD’s in many cases as the preferred method of listening to audio and music. Hardly anyone wants a CD player for their birthday nowadays , but almost everyone wants an Ipod. When it comes to DVD there is nothing on the market today that even comes close to the market share DVD has in video. Eventually digital downloads will replace DVD, but this is not happening now nor will happen this year. Products like our Workout Blender are the future, but DVD is still “King” today. There still needs to be some improvements in the infrastructure of the internet and the quality of digital downloads before this media will replace DVDs. It will happen to DVDs eventually, but as far as CD’s go, it already has happened.

I dont buy any audio in CD format anymore and would much rather buy MP3 as an instant download than pay shipping/wait for a CD.

I also see your point of view that STS and STS Gym are two different products. STS Gym can be geared to people who have access to gym equipment like leg-curl machines and lat-pulldown cable machines.

I for one, am glad you announced STS Gym along with STS. I learnt to strength train with Cathe at home, but I train in a gym now. I buy DVDs to learn new resistance exercise combos, but I never use the DVDs as DVDs - more as reference books of moves to take to the gym and rep count combos I can use there. I sometimes rip soundtracks of my Cathe DVDs as MP3 to take to the gym too. I feel good that STS Gym is on its way and I dont have to buy STS on DVD just to learn the periodization approach Cathe is putting together, but not get the full use out of the DVD.

There really is no point other than speculation on the DVD market.

Am I missing something about this product. Cathe did state in her original post that she would be releasing STS Gym, which would follow the same format as STS DVD. This would imply that it will be the same workout or similar. I would imagine that you would want to make this project as appealing as you can to the masses. And having this on MP3 would make the package more appealing for me and other's who utilize a gym. And since gym equipment is necessary, it also would seem logical to have it in MP3 format. I don't know if I would be willing to buy both.

I personally, use Cathe's DVD's, go a gym at least 3x a week, and I also exercise outdoors. For someone like myself, I think it would be very useful to have both formats. I could excercise at home one day, and then follow along at the gym the next.

Since you already said it won't be free, please take into consideration, offering a discount for those who purchsed STS DVD, and would like to buy STS Gym when it hits the market. I know it is hard for you to make a decision on a product that is still in the technical phase, but I have to decide on spending $200 on DVD's that aren't made yet.

P.S. I am just trying to make and "educated" decision. I am not trying to be nasty in anyway. I appreciate your quick responses. Thanks. Alicia

>There really is no point other than speculation on the DVD
>market.
>
>Am I missing something about this product. Cathe did state in
>her original post that she would be releasing STS Gym, which
>would follow the same format as STS DVD. This would imply
>that it will be the same workout or similar. I would imagine
>that you would want to make this project as appealing as you
>can to the masses. And having this on MP3 would make the
>package more appealing for me and other's who utilize a gym.
>And since gym equipment is necessary, it also would seem
>logical to have it in MP3 format. I don't know if I would be
>willing to buy both.
>
>I personally, use Cathe's DVD's, go a gym at least 3x a week,
>and I also exercise outdoors. For someone like myself, I
>think it would be very useful to have both formats. I could
>excercise at home one day, and then follow along at the gym
>the next.
>
>Since you already said it won't be free, please take into
>consideration, offering a discount for those who purchsed STS
>DVD, and would like to buy STS Gym when it hits the market. I
>know it is hard for you to make a decision on a product that
>is still in the technical phase, but I have to decide on
>spending $200 on DVD's that aren't made yet.

I get what you're saying so you're not alone.

>P.S. I am just trying to make and "educated" decision. I am
>not trying to be nasty in anyway. I appreciate your quick
>responses. Thanks. Alicia

You dont sound nasty Alicia. :) I too understand what you are saying now, about wanting both STS and STS-Gym so you have the flexibility of training either at home or the gym. My sis trains the same way, based on her schedule.

STS-Gym seems like a totally different workout using the periodization method. Sort of like Interval Max and IMAX2 both being interval workouts yet different. So I can see why its not going to be free or may not be discounted since I paid full price for both of the above interval workouts. Anyway, thats just my understanding.
Robin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.