STS Full Body 1RM

thebrain

Cathlete
Hello to Cathe and All,

I am making my way through the new workouts and finally got to STS FB today.

Whoa Nellie, the weights suggested by my workout card were...well, off! The lower body weights were fine, but the upper...another story! There were plenty of sets I just could not finish! Was I supposed to be huffing and puffing that much? Don't get me wrong , I loved every minute of it , but I was surprised at just how hard I worked. I do realize I haven't done STS since the spring and probably lost a lot of strength.

So I just wrote down the weights that I probably should have used in the first place and work my way back to what the card says.

Has anybody else experienced this? I'm guessing at some point I should go back a re-do my 1RMs before starting the next round sometime early next year.

Aimee

I used the suggested weights and didn't have any problems. The only section where I was dying a bit is switching between heavy one-arm rows and barbell rows. I really felt those. I think the difficulty is due to the fact that we move really fast between exercises and don't really have the nice breaks like we do with the regular STS disks.

I had trouble using the weights on my workout card for a lot of the exercises. I completed 3 month STS in June, but have been working out regularly since, even went to the roadtrip in July. I lost strength. My plan is to do the December rotation instead of Mesocycle 1 and start in with Meso2 in January. I absolutely love the 4 new workouts. Since I received them, I've done each at least 3 times and I don't anticipate getting tired of them any time soon.

I did this one yesterday and attempted to use the weights that it gave me for everything. I also, hadn't done STS in quite awhile and haven't been lifting heavy. I did end up dropping my weights down for some things, but my arms and especially my biceps are killing me. :eek: I've got this one on my rotation twice more this month and then I'm restarting STS in January. I'm definitely going to be adjusting my weights those next two times. And hoping that when I attempt it again AFTER STS I'll fare better.

STS Total Body

It may be necessary for many of you to lower your 1RM percentage from 65% to 60% or lower in STS Total Body. You can do this in the dropdown field. 1RM testing works best for normal sets with normal longer rest breaks. When you superset or giant set, like we do in STS Total Body your muscle endurance and muscle recovery will be a huge contributing factor to the weight you can actually use. 1RM testing does not take these factors into account and this is why we have you use a weight in STS Total Body that is lighter than we would have you use if the rest breaks were longer. Still, muscle recovery varies wildly between individuals and you should adjust your weights based on your specific experience in doing the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.