STS completed and FRS

john_and_am

Hello everyone,

One last workout left and the wife and I will be done with STS! Woo hoo! Our plan next, I think we'll do two days of mixed STS workouts, one day of Bowflex and one day of jogging. That should work really well. Then after the very hot summer, we'll do the full program all over again. It's a very challenging program and very effective. I can't say enough good things about it.

The other topic I wanted to discuss was the FRS drink. Has anyone else tried it? It has loads of B vitamins, C, E and Quercetin, which is supposed to be a powerful antioxidant. I tried it before my workout and it was fantastic. Great energy boost and I did not crash! It doesn't have anything that would be a danger to the body. I've tried the drink in a can, the soft chewy candy, the concentrate and powder. If anyone has any questions just ask me. Oh, FRS stands for Free Radical Scavenger and is supposedly endorsed by Lance Armstrong. I guess it is the mixture he used in his races.

I wonder if Cathe has tried FRS. I would like to know what she has before a workout.

My only warning, is be careful about trying the free FRS samples on their website. They get you with recurring billing and shipments. It's probably best to try it from a store.

Before a workout, my ritual at this time, is to drink a glass of Jay Robb's Whey Protein, then a glass of FRS. I feel like I can take on anything after that.

Last edited:
I like FRS a a lot too, I use the sugar free concentrate, so the only negative I can see is more fake sugar, but oh well, but lately when I wake up, it's the first thing I do is drink a glass of FRS and it really wakes me up, and not at all in a jittery way, I can't take anything for energy usually because they make me feel crappy not energized, but FRS is very different.

I have the chews too, I don't love the taste, but they are good when I'm working out, outside of the house. I've used the sugar free powder, but like the taste of the concentrate best.

Actually gonna go have some now, and get on with my very last STS workout tonight!

For whatever reason, FRS gave me jitters after a day or two of use. Once I stopped using it the jitters went away. I learned my lesson at that point...no more energy quick fixes for me.

I love my Jay Robb and currently get it at whole foods how about you where do you get it?

I buy it at Whole Foods too. I love the vanilla and chocolate.

As for the FRS, I've tried everything and thought it all tasted very good. I know they use sucralose in some of the drinks and organic cane juice in others. I emailed them and mentioned that it would make sense if all of it was organic and not just some. I am very serious about eating and drinking something that is organic.

The chews work just as well as the drinks, but they are much sweeter ...almost like Starburst candy. I'm not into Starburst and don't eat that bad stuff. It really shouldn't give anyone the jitters. It's not like Red Bull or that Monster drink. It's more of a healthy drink than anything. All I can say is it made a huge difference for me while jogging and STS. Though I just tried the products recently towards the end of the program.

I hope I don't sound preachy. I'm just trying to talk about my experiences with everything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.