STS Check in

I’m so sick of pushups!!! Today was week 2 of disc 7 and I’m getting some major dread factor, so I tried the Cathe only audio option and played my own music. Much better! I think the last time I checked in was Monday. Tuesday I did disc 6, Wednesday was ICE low impact sweat 1&2 plus icy core 2, Thursday I took a rest day, and yesterday i did the step sync intermediate step & stacker abs. Tomorrow I am taking my weight and measurements to help support a friend on his weight loss journey, so I’ll be curious to see if I’ve had any changes since starting meso 1.

Thanks for all the awesomely positive posts. You all keep me motivated with your ability to set goals, your consistency, and your ability to work around setbacks. You gals ROCK!

Glad to hear your wrist is doing okay Nicki. You certainly do well fitting in time for weights, cardio, abs AND stretching on most days. I am hoping to fit in a better balance between all these components of fitness during the coming weeks. You set a great example.

I just finished up my active recovery week and start Meso 2 tomorrow. It was so fun to use this week to experiment with Step Sync (not too bad! the choreography was more doable than I thought!), the intermediate bonus (really helpful to do before Sync and it is just pure fun!), the new stretch routines (ahhh!) and Cathe's new killer abs routines (whoa! super challenging!). I am nervous to up my weights tomorrow but it will be great to build more definition and strength. Now, to just get my eating under control after the holiday free-for-all!!

I’m so sick of pushups!!! Today was week 2 of disc 7 and I’m getting some major dread factor, so I tried the Cathe only audio option and played my own music. Much better! I think the last time I checked in was Monday. Tuesday I did disc 6, Wednesday was ICE low impact sweat 1&2 plus icy core 2, Thursday I took a rest day, and yesterday i did the step sync intermediate step & stacker abs. Tomorrow I am taking my weight and measurements to help support a friend on his weight loss journey, so I’ll be curious to see if I’ve had any changes since starting meso 1.
Sounds like you are doing great! Today I will also do Disc 7 and I'm planning to weigh and take measurements as well:):rolleyes:
By the way, I am tired of push ups too. With my wrist, I don't want to push it too much and I am going to try to find something to substitute for them. I'll post if I find something.

Thanks for all the awesomely positive posts. You all keep me motivated with your ability to set goals, your consistency, and your ability to work around setbacks. You gals ROCK!

Glad to hear your wrist is doing okay Nicki. You certainly do well fitting in time for weights, cardio, abs AND stretching on most days. I am hoping to fit in a better balance between all these components of fitness during the coming weeks. You set a great example.

I just finished up my active recovery week and start Meso 2 tomorrow. It was so fun to use this week to experiment with Step Sync (not too bad! the choreography was more doable than I thought!), the intermediate bonus (really helpful to do before Sync and it is just pure fun!), the new stretch routines (ahhh!) and Cathe's new killer abs routines (whoa! super challenging!). I am nervous to up my weights tomorrow but it will be great to build more definition and strength. Now, to just get my eating under control after the holiday free-for-all!!
WOW, Jane! Good job with your active recovery week and experimentation. I always like to try new workouts and variations. Never boring with all our choices:)
I need to work on my eating too.

Hi Everyone! My name is Diane. I will be starting STS 3-month rotation for the first time tomorrow. (1/6) I have always wanted to do it. I finally bought it during Cathe Black Friday sale.

Today I did my weigh in and measurements. Printed my workout cards. Have my equipment all set out ready to go since I get up really early to workout.

I'm excited to start my first workout and kind of dreading the push ups. They are so many. Wish me luck.

Go Nicki go! I'm glad you're still continuing on despite your injury. Just do the best you can right now. I'll still be here! ❤
Well I've taken some rest days the past two days, but today I ran 3 miles with Scout and my daughter Kendal, then I walked about 2 (I needed to get in the 12,000 steps). Tomorrow I finally begin Meso 2 so I am excited! New routines, new rep ranges, and new outfits for Cathe and crew! Haha! But...I go back to work tomorrow too...so I'm NOT excited about that! However, I am glad to be on a sleep and work schedule again! Will check in tomorrow!

Good luck, Diane! The push-ups ARE tough, but at least they are broken up in sets throughout the workout and not all at once. And you can always modify the positioning (on knees, etc.). They do make you feel like you can accomplish more than you think! So awesome you are joining us.

Nicki, I too find the peg leg tricky. :oops: And I worry I will trip over myself and fall! But as Cathe said in a blog article last week, using the brain and the body together makes for even greater gains in memory and learning. So I just think of the challenge as exercise for the brain!

Well the first workout of meso 2 is under my belt, along with the extended stretch. Love the long rests between exercises and the 12, 10, 8 rep ranges. I think meso 2 is my fav. :)Today I teach a metabolic class and will be shovelling snow!

Have a good week everyone!

Today was disc. 1. OMG!! The push ups! I did most of them but some I had to get on my knees to finish. Beside the push up I enjoyed the workout . Time flew by. I had to pause every once in awhile to get ready for the next exercise. I did the extended stretch. I loved it.

I usually do abs after the strengthening workout but I think this week I'm going to do it on T/Th/S after cardio

I also walk my dog twice a day for 20-30 min

Tomorrow is cardio.

Hoping you all have room for one more. Like Diane I just started a round of STS today. I have done it once through before, and 2 partials.

I took a break from Cathe for a couple of years while I did triathlons. I ended up developing a condition that makes running virtually impossible, although no other physical limitations. Without the endurance training my weight crept up, so I am hoping the structure of STS will be the ticket. I am planning on doing STS Shock Cardio on the non-lifting days. I also walk my dog every day, and will be swimming and cycling as I feel it. I am secretly hoping to still do short-distance triathlons in the future, by incorporating speed/race walking instead of running.

And yes, Diane the pushups are killer. I actually have kept up with pushups over the years so I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but the first set of pushups at the very beginning of Disc 1 humbled me.

I look forward to getting to know everyone, and to follow the progress of those already on Meso 2.

Ooh, I also used my in-laws XMas money to buy the Fit Tower with weight clips. It is on its way now. I always wanted it the first time I did STS.

Beth

Welcome Beth!
I'm glad I have someone starting the same time as me. I think everybody is on Meso 2.

Today was cardio. I did Step Sync and the bonus ab stacker followed by flexibility stretch from Michelle Dozois Ultimate Workout. It's nice 15 min stretch.

Tomorrow is Disc 2 Back & Triceps

Today I did Disc. 2 followed by 10 min. of yoga.
I didn't pull out my Fit Tower to do the chin ups. I used tubing. I may pull out next time. I just need to re-arrange my exercise equipment so the tower is not in the way

Diane, I am right there with you. Yesterday was Hiit 40/20. Then I went swimming for the first time in months. I was able to swim at the same pace as before, but wow did I lose endurance.

Today was a 3 mile walk with the dog, and then STS Disc 2. I am still waiting on my Fit Tower, so the pull-ups were awkward since I didn't have a good place to use tubing.

Nice to see some new people in here, as I think unfortunately we lost a few. :( Diane and Beth it sounds like you're getting a good start off to STS! I am just loving the structure of this program, and I'm so glad you ladies have joined us.

Jane, you teach a metabolic workout? Is it like Cathe's metabolic workouts??? That sounds awesome!

I haven't posted in a few days, but I am two workouts in to Meso 2 and freaking loving it! Ran 3 miles on Sunday, did Disc 13 Monday, Xtrain Ride on Tuesday, and completed Disc 14 Legs today. It was a good sweatfest...those tri-sets, man! Then I did some abs and walking.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I’m so sick of pushups!!!

I logged in to this thread today specifically to see if I am the only one who finds all the pushups challenging. And I am doing ALL of them on my knees! There are so many pushups on the chest days. I'm hanging in there with my best effort, but it is a LOT of pushups.

Oops...I meant to say I am on MESO 1 and Disk 7 today. My shoulders are still burning.

Last edited:
Well, I'm just a tiny bit ahead of you guys, even though I am not checking in daily. But I do find the comments here encouraging, and motivating! I did Disk 7 this morning and found it quite challenging.

Cathe does the bicep curls with a 40-pound barbell! I am using 25. Wow.

I logged in to this thread today specifically to see if I am the only one who finds all the pushups challenging. And I am doing ALL of them on my knees! There are so many pushups on the chest days. I'm hanging in there with my best effort, but it is a LOT of pushups.

Oops...I meant to say I am on MESO 1 and Disk 7 today. My shoulders are still burning.

Carrie I did some of on my knees too. So hang in there.

Today was cardio. I did Imax4 followed by the bonus abs and the extended chair stretch. I love the workout.

Now off to walk my dog.

Tomorrow is Disc 3 legs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.