STS Check in

Welcome Carrie! So excited to have you here!
Well, I completed All Out Low Impact Hiit + Core 1 today from the Xtrain series. I really love that one. I also did some walking and rebounding for fun. Hey question, are metabolic workouts allowed during active recovery? I really miss my weights!
Penny, is your new pic from the mud run with your daughters?

Welcome Carrie! So excited to have you here!
Well, I completed All Out Low Impact Hiit + Core 1 today from the Xtrain series. I really love that one. I also did some walking and rebounding for fun. Hey question, are metabolic workouts allowed during active recovery? I really miss my weights!
I'm not sure about the metabolic workouts.

I think metabolic workouts are fine as long as you’re not using heavy weights.
I’m so behind checking in again! Monday I did love cardio fusion, Tuesday was disc 5, Wednesday was Live cardio glutes & core express, Thursday I did a Jessica smith circuit walk, Friday was a much needed rest day and I did the chair stretch from step boss. Today was disc 7 and step boss abs 2. I feel a little like an underachiever compared to the rest of you, but I also know I can’t push my body too hard or it hinders my progress.

I too have often wondered how to best use an active recovery week. I have used metabolic workouts with light weights myself and felt it was fine, as mbg1982 mentioned. But here is a quote I found from a Cathe blog...
"An active rest recovery week will also help to prevent overuse injuries and mind fatigue. During this week you might want to try something like a relaxing Yoga video or a Cathe stretch DVD. Perhaps you will want to do some outdoor activities like walking, tennis or hiking. Whatever you do, it should be a light activity as you’re letting your body recover from the previous Mesocycle while getting ready for the more intense Mesocycle to follow."

Great new pic, Penny! Looks like you are a great role model for your daughters!

Welcome Carrie! Hope you find STS to be full of 'fun' ;), rewards and that you will get that awesome sense of accomplishment from it. Good luck with all the push-ups! I just finished Meso 1 today...despite the toughness of the push-ups (even my wrists are sore from them and I have to admit I did a few of them on my knees), they do the trick and feel very empowering, even if they never get easy.

mbg1982, while reading your post I was thinking how consistent and well-rounded you are with your workouts. An underachiever you are not! So fabulous that you listen to your body and plan regular workouts that help, not harm, your health.

I think metabolic workouts are fine as long as you’re not using heavy weights.
I’m so behind checking in again! Monday I did love cardio fusion, Tuesday was disc 5, Wednesday was Live cardio glutes & core express, Thursday I did a Jessica smith circuit walk, Friday was a much needed rest day and I did the chair stretch from step boss. Today was disc 7 and step boss abs 2. I feel a little like an underachiever compared to the rest of you, but I also know I can’t push my body too hard or it hinders my progress.
Sounds like you are making good progress! Keep it up! You ARE NOT an underachiever by any means

Thank you everyone for noticing my new pic with my daughters. I'm so excited that at least one of them is becoming as obsessed with mud obstacle course racing as I am...haha. She pretty much has our next year of races planned out!

Also, thank you for your responses to my metabolic question. I think I may do an easy one from the Lite series and keep my weight light (nothing above 8 pounders).

Today my family and I are going hiking with our monster (labradoodle). I'm hoping they will do the 6 miler with me!

Keep up the great work everyone. I'm so happy you are on this journey with me! ❤

Penny, sounds like you have a wonderful day planned. Enjoy:cool:

This morning I completed Disc 4, ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox, Icy Core 1 and Stretch Max #1. Feel great!

I took the day off from formal workouts since I haven't had a break in 7 days! But no slouching - grocery store, post office, drug store, trimming hedges, potting plants, Lowe's, walking the dog, etc. I have over 8 miles on my Fitbit for today, lol! Really enjoyed the day. Making turkey pot pie for dinner.

Penny, how was the hike?

Today was live jabs and abs. I worked from home today and didn’t get many steps in, so I needed some kickboxing to get my count up!

Nicki, the hike was wonderful! My monster was so good! She didn't bark at horses and other dogs or jump up on small children! I think she's finally learning haha! My family agreed to 4 miles so I was happy with that.

So today I completed Metabolic Blast from the Lite series. I was regretting not remembering that the second half of the workout goes to the floor. I was not feeling the challenge but THEN. CAME. THE. CALORIE CRUSHER! Holy Hannah calorie crush is right! What a challenge. Then I completed the abs, did some walking, and stretched. It felt good to push some weight. I think tomorrow I shall spin!

Nicki, the hike was wonderful! My monster was so good! She didn't bark at horses and other dogs or jump up on small children! I think she's finally learning haha! My family agreed to 4 miles so I was happy with that.

So today I completed Metabolic Blast from the Lite series. I was regretting not remembering that the second half of the workout goes to the floor. I was not feeling the challenge but THEN. CAME. THE. CALORIE CRUSHER! Holy Hannah calorie crush is right! What a challenge. Then I completed the abs, did some walking, and stretched. It felt good to push some weight. I think tomorrow I shall spin!
Sounds like you had a really good workout. Haven't done Metabolic Blast in a while. That gives me a thought - maybe I will do it this week-end:)

By the way, how did you get your Monster not to bark and jump? I have a German Pointer/Lab mix. He is uncontrollable. I bought a bark collar and will be trying that in the next few days. He is about 18 months old and when he stands up to me, he's a little taller. He gets excited and jumps on me and sometimes from the back when I don' see it coming. I had a trainer, but he was way too expensive and really didn't help much.

Nicki, I don't know why she behaves now. I think she is just finally outgrowing her puppy behavior. We hated taking her for walks because she would yank us all over the place and bark at EVERYTHING!!! But now that she is going on 2 and a half years, she's been much better. She still barks too much at cars and pedestrians at home from our backyard, but she is getting better. Sorry I can't be more help; however, my friends say that shock collars have worked wonders on their dogs!

I took a rest day yesterday and completed Cycle Sweat, some abs, and walking this morning. I had a lot of junk last night so I had plenty of energy!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks, Penny! We put the shock collar on tonite and he doesn't even flinch. I need to go back and re-read the directions to make sure have it right, lol! I'm terrible at reading directions. I have to see it and there is a video I will watch tomorrow.

I was supposed to do Disc 6 today but my wrist is hurting so bad. Think I have overdone it this week, especially since I have arthritis in my hands. The right wrist is the worst. I decided to give it a break today and am planning to complete Disc 6 and week 2 tomorrow.

Oh Nicki I hope your wrist feels better soon! I think it's a good idea to rest it for sure. With all of those push-ups in Meso 1, it's no wonder it may have been strained a bit.

Today Scout and I ran 4 miles! I probably could have done a bit more, but I didn't want to push it. I'm training over the next year for a Spartan Beast, which is essentially a half marathon with obstacles at least every mile! I need to build my mileage and work on grip strength. Once I complete the Beast I will have earned my Trifecta medal (for completing three races) yay!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Penny, good luck with your training for the Spartan Beast and working towards getting your Trifecta medal! You motivate me!

Ended up having to get a steroid shot for my wrist and doc said to back off the weights for a while. This is the second occurrence of the wrist issue in less than a year. Today I plan on doing Disc 6 so I can complete week 2; however, I will modify where I need to so I can continue and co.

Cathe's Jan 2020 rotation with Hardcore Series and Step Boss looks awesome! I will do that rotation after I finish STS Rotatioin.

Hope everyone is doing well and Happy Week-end:)

Today I completed M1 Wk 2 with Disc 6. I also did Core Max#3, Extended Stretch and Step Sync Intermediate. Wrist survived:).

How is everyone doing on their rotation?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.