STS CHECK IN DISC 14

I survived!

I played catch up so now I get to join the check-in. Yay!

Finished disc 14 yesterday and I have to say I usually LOVE doing lower body but I was not loving it so much yesterday. I think this is the toughest lower body workout in a long time! I think what made it so tough for me is that I used the heaviest dumbbells ever for squats. I've done squats heavier with a barbell but I guess it was different with 2 heavy dumbbells. I was so happy it was only 10 reps! Those one minute breaks were over so quickly! Also, like Reena, I was thrilled when I realized I wasn't going to have to put my db down on the sliding exercises. My hand always wants to move from my hips to my quads on those sliders, though, to help cheat and push myself back up. I kept trying to resist but it's what my body wanted to do. :p

I was so happy to see the crew sweating. I was talking to a friend the other day about Meso 1 and we were talking about how Cathe and crew look so good during their workout and they don't sweat!!! Meanwhile, I look like I got into a fight with a water hose! :eek:

Anyway, I'm not as sore as I thought I would be. Only my right leg is sore all the way down from my hamstring down to my calf. I need to go out and buy a heavier pair of dumbbells this week since I was using my heaviest for squats and I *think* I could go SLIGHTLY heavier. We'll see about that....

I'm still on Meso 1 week 4,today is legs,I love this new workouts I love the feeling,the sore, because I know I'm working right,anyways with the endurance workout I start sweating right away,more with leg workout.
But have any of you notice that one of the guys on the back don't lift as heavy as Cathe? his upper body looks bigger than those 2 dumbbells that he use for hamstring, funny...

Hello All!

Did Disc 14 yesterday evening. It was tough, but I wasn't expecting my heart rate to get as high as it did. I was dripping in sweat & when I had to take a break, it was more so to let my heart rate come down than it was to let my legs rest! I think I did not go as heavy with the weights as I could have. My workout card didn't print the weights on some of the exercises, so I was guessing. I did record what I used so that next week I'll know where to aim. The exercises that were most challenging for me were the static lunges--they are a burner! I felt the wide leg deadlift more in my back so I didn't like those at all, but the elevated deadlift was more legs, so that was good!

Not feeling DOMS at all in my legs, but again I think I didn't use heavy enough weights. But I'm not missing the DOMS, trust me! My chest is still sore from Disc 13 on Monday! I will definitely go heavier with next week's legs routine--want to see some good results!

Today I did 4DS-Kickbox cardio portion & yoga abs & extended stretch. The stretching always is so refreshing! Looking forward to Back & Biceps tomorrow!

My chest (and back....weird) and tris are still sore from monday. However, today my lower body is screaming at me! I didnt start to feel it until last night - my legs were getting all antsy on me while I was trying to sleep. This morning my butt, inner/outer thinghs, quads and hamnstrings are SORE! I dont know how I managed step blast this morning.

Legs

The trisets are great. I think my legs are starting to adjust.
The only thing was my upper back was sore today I think from the deadlifts. I think I need to keep the weights closer to my legs and maybe not go down as far so that I only use my lower back muscles, not my upper back muscles. Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi

I did STS disc 14 yesterday and it nearly killed me. I upped the dumbell weights and the sweat was pouring off me. Is this supposed to happen? I looked grey lol. I think I'm going to have to lower the weights for the plate exercises. Also I was feeling the extra weight in my forearms and finding it difficult to hold onto the weights. Towards the end I was very fatigued and had to press my pause button on several occasions. DOMS in my legs isn't to bad. But in some ways it felt more like a cardio workout than a leg workout. Hopefully I'll feel better next week. Tomorrow is STS disc 15. I took today as rest day.

Cheers
Laura
x

I did this workout yesterday at about 5:30am. It was a great workout and my morning flew by. I felt great until about 4pm and then my legs started talking to me and they are still talking today. Talk about DELAYED muscle soreness.

I also was able to do the plate work, using my mat as suggested by someone.

Great workout!!

Jenn:)

Just completed disc 14.

My legs are really feeling it and appreciating sitting at the computer right now. In the first triset, my favourite was deadlift, the second triset was pile squats and the third triset was deadlifts again. I really don't like those paper plates. I missed the firewalkers.

Off to put my equipment away!!

Tri-Set 1:
Feeling strong
Feeling strong
Feeling strong
Break 1: Must...breathe...air...air... ;)
(repeat 3x)

Tri-Set 2:
Its only 10 reps...
Its just 10 reps...
Really, truly, its only 10 more reps...
Break #2: Its good for you...you enjoy the pain...you are not completely insane.... :confused:
(repeat 3x)

Tri-Set 3:
@&*!&()*&*!!!
@&*!&()*&*!!!
@&*!&()*&*!!!
Break #3: Stay on your feet...must resist urge to lay down on the floor...no, no, dont do it, stay on your feet.... :eek:
(repeat 3x)

Ditto!!

I did this yesterday, really enjoyed it, but my rear and legs are KILLING me today!

I did this workout on Tuesday. I really liked it (because I love working legs). It's different from Cathe's usual lower body, so the "shock" is good for my system! I did miss the "bonus" torture sessions that were added on in Meso 1, but my legs did not! All those sliding lunges got the inner and outer thighs really good, and all the squats and static lunges took care of the rest quite nicely. I also really liked the format of doing tri-sets. Really, really liked that. I had a good case of shock-system doms yesterday.

Sandra

I'm so exited,next week is rest week,I cant wait for meso 2 or not" I have been reading all the post and OMG looks like a goody is coming,If meso 1 leg work out make me scream I wonder what the next one is going to do for me!!! Cry, maybe...

I just did this yesterday and littlefiretop has said it all!! What have I gotten myself into????

Heather

Good Evening Everyone-

Here is my synopsis of my thoughts during the tri-set rounds at 5:30 this morning.....

Tri-Set 1:
Feeling strong
Feeling strong
Feeling strong
Break 1: Must...breathe...air...air... ;)
(repeat 3x)

Tri-Set 2:
Its only 10 reps...
Its just 10 reps...
Really, truly, its only 10 more reps...
Break #2: Its good for you...you enjoy the pain...you are not completely insane.... :confused:
(repeat 3x)

Tri-Set 3:
@&*!&()*&*!!!
@&*!&()*&*!!!
@&*!&()*&*!!!
Break #3: Stay on your feet...must resist urge to lay down on the floor...no, no, dont do it, stay on your feet.... :eek:
(repeat 3x)

How I am now feeling and prognosis for tomorrow....
Ouch! when standing....
Ouch! when sitting....
Ouch! when walking...
(repeat all day...) :p

All in all I did enjoy it despite the feelings above and 10 reps is definitely better than 15 reps for me on legs, I feel much stronger and accomplished with this type of training. :D

See you Friday, enjoy your evening...

Mary :)

So today was the first Legs workout of Meso 2. I actually feel a little nauseous; I don't know why. It was a difficult workout, mostly because we moved so quickly from exercise to exercise and I had to go lighter on some weights just for the sake of convenience so I wouldn't always have to be putting on or taking off my vest. The actual exercises themselves weren't that hard. I really was hoping it would be more like the Chest Shoulders Triceps workout yesterday, though (working each muscle group to failure and taking longer breaks), but I guess that's harder to do with legs.

Ok.... trisets. Not that bad actually. I guess I was mighty scared of them from all the talk here, but I was able to complete them as intended. I had one slightly longer break of additional two minutes in between triset 2 and 3 - to catch my breath. I was sweating buckets with this workout. I went up a pound from my workout card on the one one leg elevated lunges and the pile squats - even thought with 20 lbs that felt quite easy. Cathe was using 40 and I think I should do at least 30 next time. One major improvement for me was going from 6 to 15 on the one leg slide back lunges but I think it had to do with not having to drop the dumbbells on the floor. That really made a difference. The barbell deadlifts on the third triset were hard, my upper back was feeling it, but I did it anyway. And overall at the end of the workout I was extremely glad it was over. A little less than an hour and it flew by quickly. I felt tired and my legs quite shaky. I attempted to do the cardio premix of LIC afterwards, but my legs simply refused to move! :) So I had to listen to them and called it quits.
That was it for today. There's always better days ahead. Lets hope tomorrow I'll be able to function normally and wont walk as a penguin again until the next leg workout. Ha.
Best to all: Krasy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.