STS Body Rockers - Week of October 23rd!

Hello All!!

Today's workout was M1D10, I am so tired of push ups!! I don't remember feeling that way last time I did it.

Kris, I hope this week is better to you.

Wendy, great job Bodyrocking!! You have definitely earned that rest!! Maybe you will be the next host, it could happen!! Some bodyrocker I am, I'm still figuring out the timer!!

Kiki, I wish I could join you for TB, but my delivery is scheduled for 10/26.

Barb, I ordered CM even though I don't have a bike, wishful thinking I guess.

Bridget, good luck with TBT, it looks tough!!

Erin, I've taken 2 spinning classes recently, just wanted to try it, & was amazed at how much I felt it in my thighs & how much I was sweating. I would love to have a spin bike , but they are a little too pricey for me.

Katie, was LIS waiting for you when you got home?

I guess I'll have to live through you guys for now.

Goodnight All, sleep well!!

Good Morning Girls.

So as predicted my Cathe's were waiting for me when I got home y'day. I was excited and wanted to try something this morning but I slept in and now I have no time. :( Oh well, I guess I needed the sleep? :confused:

Tomorrow though for sure!!!! Unless I skip the after work glass of wine tonight and work out instead. Hah! Fat chance!:p

Good Morning!

Haven't worked out yet, but we all know what I'll be doing :cool: .

Wendy: So is it an unscheduled rest day? or where you at least able to fit in some BR?

Wiggie: Awww, no DVDs yet? well, maybe you can join me in a TB class together after yours arrives. ;) We should be on our rest week at the same time, right? I just did Disc 10 yesterday, too, and I can tell you, I'm SO over the pushups :rolleyes: . I hope it doesn't color my judgement of the new wo's that have them in there (I may put them off for a minute, lol)

Kris: I wanted to do YR last night, too. But just never could find the time. I can't wait to try that one. I have a feeling it'll become a regular in my rotation. I'm on this new stretching kick (probably from the injuries I've experienced over the past year), not sure how long it'll last, lol. :eek: I hope to see you in TB class, it's a cardio day for me too, but ya'll know how I loathe cardio, lol, so I tend to cheat. Anything that involves legs = cardio to me, rofl.. :p

Bridget: Can't wait to hear what you think about TBT-UB! The girls on MFP are raving about it (and the DOMS! :eek: ), I don't know how I'm gonna fit that one in w/STS, so I may have to live vicariously through you ;)

Barbara: Can't wait to hear about your spin experience :D

Katie: Sooooo.....were your DVD's there when you got home?

Hey Terina!

Hi gals!

Soooooo, after all my whinning and complaining yesterday, guess what??? MY DVDs WERE WAITING FOR ME WHEN I GOT HOME! WOOT WOOT! :) I was only slightly excited. ;) Just kidding! :p I even missed the beginning of MNF to preview a few of the workouts (and I rarely miss MNF).

The only thing i'm noticing is that almost all of the workouts include upper and lower body weight work. I don't really mind that, it just makes it difficult to exclusively use the Low Impact Series (if that makes sense). Anyway, my upper body is still really sore for High Reps yesterday so I went with Low Impact Challenge this morning. LOVED IT! It was seriously loads of fun. Not quite has high on the intensity scale as I had hoped (it is a cross between Step Moves and Athletic Step) but that's okay. I wrote a quick review here if you are interested: http://cathe.com/forum/f115/loved-low-impact-step-challenge-285946/

Kiki: Turbo Barre on the menu for today? ;) I'm soooo excited about this one in particular and can't wait to hear your review. So, go work out!! :p

Wendy: I'm sorry you over slept. I know that can be frustrating. You'll feel extra strong tomorrow now that your body got the extra zzzzzzs it needed. ;) Um, skipping the after work glass of wine is punishable by death in some countries. I definitely wouldn't take the risk. :p

Wiggie: Oh those push-ups are endless aren't they? You're SO CLOSE to being done with Meso 1! Then you can kiss those push-ups good bye (well, for a few weeks at least) :p

Kris: Great job with MIS!! I, um "accidentally" skipped that one when I did that rotation. Oops. :D I'm glad to hear you liked Yoga Relax! I'm looking forward to giving the yoga workouts a go next week. What did you decide to do today???

Bridget: What did you think of TB Trisets? That one scares me! :eek: I fell off my ball during the PUB pikes too. Haha! ;) Glad you didn't get hurt.

Barbara: How did Cycle Max go? What did you think?

Hi Erin and Terina!

Katie

Good morning everyone -

I did Turbo barre this a.m. - think I'm going to be feeling that one later :eek: Time went fast, I liked the UB work, and there was lots and lots (and lots:confused:) of leg work and great ab work in my opinion. Can't wait to hear what you guys think:) I got started with it at 4:30 a.m. - first thing I thought of when I woke up - what a dork I am :eek:

Katie - woohooo - so glad your discs came! I know what you mean, I kept looking at my discs all day:) Couldn't wait to try them. Thanks for the review on Low impact challenge! I'll have to give that one a try soon.

Kiki - can't wait to hear what you think of TB. We'll be limping around together tomorrow :)

Wendy - Must have needed the extra sleep! I would not advise skipping the after work glass of wine either:) So glad you got your discs too!

Wiggie - hope you get your series today:) Great job with Disc 10!

Bridget - can't wait to hear your review of TBT too:)

Barbara - looking forward to your CM review!

Hi Erin and Terina! What do you guys have planned today?

Have a great day everyone!

Kris

Good morning everyone. No I didn't do spin as a I just preview it and it looks tough. Not ready for a tough workout just yet. She does get out of the saddle a lot and I am not sure if my bike can handle that. Maybe I will attempt it a few times to see how it goes.

Wendy I hope you enjoy your rest day. You deserved it after working out 8 days in a row.

wiggle good job on getting your sts done.

Briget good job on your spinning. Did you use a certain video?

Kris I am glad you enjoy Cathe's yoga. I think that is what I need.

Kikster, I didn't do the spin yet. But will let you know when. It looks tough. Maybe I do the shorter premix for now.

Hi Katie, and the rest of the gang. Now off to do my walking.

This must be the morning to sleep in, (eh, Wendy?) I was psyched to do TBTrisets upper this morning, but it didn't happen- ugh! I spin tomorrow morning, but work a half day- maybe before I eat lunch at home I can squeeze it in- in addition to the spin- lets see how much energy I have, there is a reason why I slept in this morning...

Barbara- I take a spinning class at the Y 3 mornings a week at 5:15am- you have to get there at 5 though if you want a good bike! I don't have a bike at home, and don't see myself actually doing cycle max. Before I started spinning, I considered doing it on my iPhone at the Y, but after I started spinning, I realized I would be dripping gross stuff all over my phone, the ear thingies won't stay in and logistically it wouldn't work. I did preview it though and I like her form pointers.

Kiki & Kris- I need to preview TB- think it would work with my dining room chair??

Kris- love the yoga review- if I'm not up to TBTrisets tomorrow afternoon, that may be my wo of choice-

Wiggie- I'm not that good at the pushups- yes, they are endless! If I'm lucky, I'll do the first few before falling on my knees- with my dupa high in the air- love STS

Erin- Do I detect a string of 12 hour shifts in your schedule??

Katie- my terminator girlfriend, YOU fell off the ball??? Now I don't feel so dumb, but I do have some decent DOMS in my mid-section from the challenge- so the challenge goes on!! Low impact challenge looks like fun too

Check in with you all later

Bridget

Hello Everyone!!

Today's workout was Amy Bento Urban rebounding Kickbox & M1D12 Legs. I wanted to be able to do a LIS workout tomorrow & still be on schedule with STS. I have just 1 more workout in Meso 1, then its rest week. The new series was timed perfectly. Well, it's getting late & I need to get ready for bed. More tomorrow!!

Good night All!!

back from my sabbatical.....lol

I got my new dvds:D today!!!!

I previewed cycle max,and WOW!!!! I was so impressed with Cathe's info on everything,the spinning teacher at the gym NEVER reviewed any of the safety tips at all, as a beginner I had to figure it out.

Today I did High Step Circuit,I used 8" step, 5bls db, my resistance band broke rite in middle of the workout. I have the Medium resistance from THE FIRM but I don't know if its me or if its old but I couldnt even use it because it was so tight.

felt great to workout again,now the decision on which new dvd to do tomorrow =0

Thank you for all the warm welcomes :D

wendynice job!!!!!
terinanice job on cycle max! I love spin class and am looking forward to do this when i dont make it to the class!
Bridgetno 12hr strings here...i only work once a week:D But just been so busy with the kiddos no being very good posting. let me know how spin goes.
[pace1987B] enjoy your walk=)
kriscant wait to try all these work outs but so hard with my sts right now.
kate yes it seem i wont beable to try unitll i finish sts..kind of sad about that.
kiki did u like tb? I been so bad with logging my food...need to better at that one=)
HEy girls... been so busy running around. But did m1 d7 yesterday and my shoulders are talking to me. It really amazes me how every time i do sts at least one body part talk to me the next day....pretty cool!!!!!!!
My hubby took a day off yesterday so we went out to lunch, i was not a good girl at all! And let me tell you i really feel when i dont eat clean. I just cant eat the way i use to. A few bites in and i am like this is really rich and i cant finish it. THen it just sits in my tummy and end up not eating the rest of the day. I was suppose to go to my class last night but was so tired went to bed at 745 ! But this am up and ready, going to spin after dropping ds off=) Tomorow will be sts tri and back and then work Friday..=( ok off and running now. HAVE A GREAT DAY..HERE IS MY WORDS OF WISDOM TODAY LOL
Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-- Earl of Derby/U]

I just received my LIS dvds!!!! I'm so excited, I'm going to preview them at work & decide which one I'll do first. YEA!!!!!!

Good Morning!

Today's workout was Cardio Supersets. I liked the workout, but I don't see it becoming a favorite. I'm sure many others will disagree, but honestly the w/o lacked a bit in intensity for me. Some moves were tough - walking planks/push-ups, squat thrust with discs/leg out to side - but overall I wasn't huffing and puffing and only worked up a "kinda" sweat. :rolleyes: I'm thinking adding on the bonus step segment is what I need to up the intensity. Overall the workout was lots of fun though! Another great quick pick-me-up.

Erin: Great inspirational words! The one BIG thing i've noticed since I started working out regularly is that I rarely get sick (except for allergies) or, if I feel something coming on, my body is able to fight it off without it turning into a full blown illness. Kick some butt at spin class!

Wendy: Nice job sneaking in that workout! I'll be very disappointed if you stop doing BR workouts because I so look forward to the workout names (Sexy Supremacy - fantastic! :p ).

Terina: Welcome back! So excited you got your new DVDs. I've tried out two workouts so far (LIC and Cardio SS) and both have been great. Great job with HSC! Bummer that your band broke though. Maybe it's the universe telling you it's time to get new bands to up the ante (side fact - i'm still ignoring the universe telling ME to get new bands and i'm stickin' with my nice, broken in easy band). :p

Wiggie: Great workouts yesterday! Kickboxing rocks! :) SO EXCITED that you got your DVDs too! WOOT WOOT! What LIS are you doing to do first?

Bridget: Someone must have added a sleep aid to the water lately. :p I've been having a rouuuugh time getting up in the mornings. So sleepy! You might be surprised how often I fall of a ball, drop dumbbells, etc. :eek: I have decent cardio capacity but i'm still VERY weak strength wise. :eek: Terminator ain't got nothin' on them crazy pikes! EEK! :p

Barb: I didn't get Cycle Max (no spin bike :mad: ) but even the mini-clip looks extremely tough! Maybe a great w/o to work up to? :) Nice job getting in those walks.

Kris: YAY that you liked Turbo Barre! Thanks for the review. Now i'm even MORE excited. :) Nothing like a new workout series to get you out of bed at the butt crack of dawn. ;) :p I honestly might have skipped a few workouts this morning but for knowing I had NEW workouts to try out. :)

Katie

Quick check in- went to spinning class at the YMCA this morning- today "radar love" is beating in my head. WW weigh in this afternoon- will check in for personals after that.

Take care all!

Well, yesterday was LIS-TB, and today was D11-B&T. Also did the extended stretch today.

Here's my review of LIS-TB from MFP (sorry MFP girls, this is old news :p, but I'm short on time & lazy :eek: ) :

OK, so the verdict on Turbo barre...I was waiting to wake up to see if there was any DOMS factor. None so far. The workout was def a fun, new & interesting one from Cathe. It was by no means a sweatfest, but you def feel the burn. The ab workout was awesome in my opinion, I do still feel ab tightness. Other than that, I feel that it REALLY targets the hips*, core, and overall legs in a way that you may not get from traditional lifting. I would not use it in place of my weights, but as an addition to... It will def remain in my rotation, because I feel that the balance challenge that it gives is unmatched in most of her workouts (it's kinda like a combo of the conditioning drills in STS, Kick Max, and LBB - barre segment). The barefoot factor brings in even more of a balance element to the feet, which will be very beneficial in re-building my arches, & speeding the Achilles recovery (I hope, lol) .....the burn factor was DEFINITELY there! Don't you worry, lol. That's why I was expecting crazy DOMS, but never the less it BURNED, lol, especially in the glutes and hips, OMG .....

Now, of course take my review w/a grain of salt, y'all, lol, because b4 my Achilles nightmare, I turned my nose up to wo's like this, lol (til I had no choice). So ppl that already love barre wo's will probably love it that much more, if a girl like me (who prefers less feminine type wo's lol) can approve... ;)

Kiki:: Yeah-I enjoy barre type work outs but in my experience they aren't DOMS producers either. Doesn't mean they aren't working though! :)

Bridget:: How'd your weigh in go?

Katie:: I previewed some of Cardio Supersets last night. I was very excited about it but upon preview, not nearly as much. Sounds like you are confirming the thoughts I had about it while watching it. :(

Wiggie:: So have you made your decision on which work out you will try first?

Erin:: Good job with your STS work out! Love your words of wisdom!

Terina:: Good job with your w/o! Welcome back! ;)

Barb:: Let us know how you like the spin work out!

Good evening everyone. I decided to canceled my Weight Watchers monthly pass and go with just doing online. So my weigh in day will be tomorrow. I did weigh myself this evening and was up .3 which isn't bad even though I was strict on the program. This will motivate me more to start doing more exercise beside just walking. It is just hard though because the medication i take tends to make me drowsy but i am going to try and take it after a workout or just take less then take the rest after my workout. Lets see how that plays. I am not ready to do Cathe's new workout just yet but will do one of her workouts or Turbofire. Will be back tomorrow:) have a great night.

Wendy I didn't do the spin yet as it looks to hard for me to do right now with the bike that I have. I might do it Friday and just mainly sit in the saddle.

Wiggie maybe you can get a spin bike for Christmas, hint hint.

Kikster, thanks for the review on TB. it sounds fun.

Bridget good luck on your weigh in tonight.

Rickly thanks for the review on Cathe's new workout. Hope one day to get to it.

kris turbo barre sounds fun. Looks like you enjoyed it.

hi Erin, Terina, and who ever I forgot.

Hey gang-
in addition to spinning this morning- I worked a half day, came home and did Yoga Max. I was impressed at how energized it felt after doing it, that may be repeated in my rotation. My slide & glide discs came today too- Yay! Should I do a cardio slide & glide workout or TBTrisets-upper like I had planned earlier?? Decisions decisions...

WW was a loss of 0.4- not too exciting, but I am seeing it in my clothes, and I'm okay with that- just keep on with the program...

Kiki- appreciate your review of TB, when to add that to my rotation??

Katie- your review of Cardio supersets makes me not want to do that one next...

feeling sleepy- forgive me for skipping the personals tonight, I'm exhausted!

Bridget

Hi there ladies,

I did Slide and Glide this a.m. - wanted something without weights today so I can try one of the weighted workouts tomorrow:) I enjoyed it - very much a fun factor for me - I sweated quite a bit during the first section, then moves to slide moves and firewalker band for the arms on the floor. There were some tough moves - such as burpees with the discs and "walking?" push ups, jumping jacks with the discs were fun:). All in all, it felt like a good lengthening leg workout. I think so far, these have felt that way for me - the ones I've tried - TB, S&G and Yoga Relax - I think it's a good mix for additions to Cathe rotations - I think it would be a good mix - hard strength workouts along with some that are more about elongating (that word doesn't look right to me - you know what I mean I hope even if I spelled it wrong :eek: ) I guess it's all another way to shock your body! :eek:

Hi Kiki - I didn't have DOMS today either from TB - thought I would. I still have a little shoulder DOMs from MIS on Monday though - and the weight work in TB added to that a bit I think:) Great job on Disc 11!

Hi Bridget - Great spin workout this a.m! And congrats on .4 lb weight loss and seeing it - that's the main thing!

Hi Barbara - thanks - I really have enjoyed the new series workouts I've tried so far:) Hope you enjoy the spinning and any Turbofire or Cathe workouts that you do - Walking is great exercise too, I love to walk.

Hi Wendy - great BR workout - love the name too! :)

Hi Erin - great quote! I love that! Hope your spin was great!

Hi Katie - Thanks for the CSS review - hopefully adding the Step segment at the end will up the intensity:)

Hi Wiggie - woohoo on getting the new series - hope you love them:) So far, I really am enjoying them - very different from the usual!

Hi Terina - woohoo on getting the new series too! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Hope you all have a great night!

Kris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.