STS Body Rockers - Week of October 23rd!

So, today I'm doing the Breast Cancer walk with my mom - will also get some abs in later on. Woke up this a.m. and we have no water - blahhh! We share a well with 2 other houses and this happens occasionally (if someone leaves a hose running, etc...) I hate it, such a bad feeling to turn the faucet and nothing... :( Good thing I didn't have a big ol sweaty workout planned this a.m. - got to look at the bright side.

I'm soooo excited, can't wait to get the new series! I've been reading the reviews others have posted for the past hour, can't wait!

Hi Katie - great job on IMAX 3 and getting PUB abs done! I have had that happen to me too, where a post deletes, grr!

Hi Wiggie - awesome job on the 40/20 and Fire/Chalene workouts! And woo hoo on the shipping notice!

Hi Bridget - can't wait to hear your review of your downloads! Great job on IMAX 2! IMAX extreme is in your near future for sure I can tell. :)

Hi Wendy, Terina, Barbara, Erin and Kiki! What are you all up to today?

Have a great day everyone!

Kris

Thanks for getting this thread started Kris
I am in the process of dumping junk off my hard drive & downloading the new workouts- also ended up having to update my iPhone- where I usually play my workouts through- so this is taking longer than anticipated

I did preview low impact cardiosupersets, and they look challenging, yet do-able. She makes up for the lack of impact by keeping things moving and interesting- think burpees with the gliders (which I cannot wait for!)

There was every intention of doing a yoga workout this morning, but I went to a handbag party (like pampered chef- etc...) and had several glasses of wine- needless to say, I did not get up early this morning- however, I only ate the carrot sticks & hummus there- and spent $55 on a handbag (sigh).

In keeping with the ab challenge, I did the stability ball abs from high step circuit- 8 minutes, very do-able, not intimidating, and a good warm-up for the challenge overall. (and an extra activity point too) I'm not sure how I'm going to work an ab workout in during the workweek- don't think I can squeeze it in before work, maybe in the evening after the news.

Kris- you live in the desert and don't have water??? This does not sound good, hope you're connected again soon!

Katie- I love IMAX3- ah the pikes on the stability ball, I remember what I feared last time I did PUB abs, I WILL do a terminator workout...but the new workouts are in now...(stalling, stalling)

Wiggie- I can't wait to do these either- probably my first will be on Tuesday, as I will be spinning tomorrow.

Hi Kiki, Erin, Terena, Barbara & Wendy- hope your weekend went well!

Bridget

Good afternoon everyone, and thanks for the welcome again. The last few days I have been doing a lot of walking. Can't wait till we all get the new workouts. I am so excited. I just hope that i can do it. My vertigo hasn't been that bad as long as I take my medication for it it helps a lot.

WTG wiggie on doing 40/20 that is tough.

Kris I hope you and your mom had a nice walk. Good for you for doing this.

Bridget thanks for the review on the new workouts.

Hi to everyone else. I am still new so I don't know names yet so forgive me.

Hello All!!

Today's workout was supposed to be M1D10, but I did the original Body Max. It's about 90 minutes long, I don't remember ever doing it in it's entirety. I weighed in on Saturday, didn't lose a thing. I am determined to change that this coming Saturday. Body Max had an abs section so that's the only ab workout I did today.

I'm hoping I'll receive the new workouts tomorrow, I'll definitely have to try one, just don't know which!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day, It's getting late, more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Rested all weekend. Giving the Achilles some time to recoup from Disc 9. I felt OK yesterday, so I did a quickie wo. I went ahead and did the Warmup and Abs from PUB (challenge complete!) and the Low Hiit and Stretch from Intensity. It short and sweet. Today is Disc 10. I can't believe this is my last week of M1 already. Looks like the new wo's will arrive just in time for my recovery week ;)

Kris: Hope you got your water situation straightened out. That does not sound like fun! :mad:

Bridget: Handbag party? Sounds fun (and expensive,:p lol). Gotten the chance to do any new wo's today? Or was it a spin day?

Wiggie: I've never done BM, so WTG on doing the whole 90 minutes :eek: I can't wait to hear your review of the new wo's. I have no idea when mine are arriving (picked USPS), so I'm trying to wait patiently, lol. I'm sure next week's weigh-in will be more forgiving ;)

Barbara: I'll bet the new wo's will be just what you need to have a variety of things to do that (hopefully!) won't aggravate your vertigo. Glad it hasn't been giving you too much trouble lately.....

Good morning All!!

Kris, how did the cancer walk go? Hope your water is back on.

Bridget, handbags are one of my favorite things to buy!! Sigh, I forgot to do abs this morning.

Barb, glad your vertigo is getting better. I too am excited about the new workouts!! which one will you do first?

Kiki, I'm doing disc 10 today also, glad your achilles is still on the mend!!

Hi Wendy, Katie, Erin & Terina!!

Hello ladies!

Yesterday I did SJP: Step Only + Abs and HR: Lower Body Premix (no abs). This morning I did HR: Upper Body Premix + Back. I'll never understand why Cathe decided to leave the back work out of the upper body premix. I mean, i've seen the explanation, I just can't totally wrap my head around it. :rolleyes: Anyway, my triceps are STILL shaking! Love it! :p

Kris: Thanks for getting us started for the week! How did the cancer walk go yesterday? Is the water back on yet?

Bridget: I HATE updating my iphone because it takes forever! :mad: The new workouts are a great excuse to put off Terminator. ;) No worries there. :) Have you tried any of them yet? I really like Imax 3 too. :cool:

Barbara: Great job getting those walks in. :) I'm so excited about the new workouts too! I'm desparately in need of something to new.

Wiggie: BM is a killer! Well, I say that but I haven't actually done it...i've previewed it 4 or 5 times though. Does that count? :D I need to get back on the weight loss wagon too. My eating has been OUT OF CONTROl lately and i'm not losing a thing. Sigh. Let's DO THIS! :)

Kiki: Glad the achilles isn't flaring up again! Nice decision to rest it this weekend. Way to sneak PUB abs though. ;) I"m "patiently" waiting for the USPS man to deliver the new workouts too. SOOOOO EXCITED!

Katie

katie dont you love that she can make u shake like that;)
wiggie/B] wow disc 10..time is a flying=)
kikster/B]glad your feeling better...sometimes we just need to rest!
pace1987/B] vertigo is the pits...glad u meds that can help..and welcome again. No worries about the names :cool:
bridgetooohhh shopping, miss it=) hard to get to when i have two boys who hate shopping! But its easier on my pocket.
kris love those walks! We are doing all pink at my hospital, i went ahead and bought a pink stethscope for a donation=)
Ok ladies... that last week was a doozey. Between the lack of sleep and a killer leg work out sat i was shot all day yesterday! SO my sch a little off but i got up and went to spin. I will start this sts m1 week 3 tomorrow and go from there. I can not believe how the time is flying by. My eats were also not so hot so goal this week is to be better ..more veg! k off to do my stuff

Good Morning Ladies.

Well y'day's double header was TOUGH but I did it! I think tho that the challenge was harder then the work out! Go figure! :p

I actually kept track of my numbers and times y'day. I don't often do that! Since I did though I will post them...

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv (If you really want more work out):: Part 1- timed sets of a combo side lunge/push up exercise. I did the 12 sets in 5:09 mins...Part 2- intervals so nothing to keep track of....Part 3- timed sets of backward lunge w/sandbag & kick up combo. I did the 50 sets in 6:07 mins.

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv (Do it Do it Exercise Challenge):: Max sets of 10 sandbag squats and 10 reverse push ups that can be done in 12 mins. I completed 9 sets which is 90 reps of each. My arms were more fried then ever before after this one!:eek:

So the whole thing took less then 30 minutes and kicked my azz. Now that's what I'm about!;):D Surprisingly enough though I am not sore today. Well, not yet anyway! I really thought I'd wake up walking funny or not being able to lift my coffee cup but so far I'm ok! Go figure!

Today is my rest day. It's over due. I worked out 8 days in a row! :eek: Got to sleep in til 5:30 this morning and considered pushing it to 6am! LOL

K, that's all for now. Gotta scram...

BBL for personals~:cool:

Hi there ladies!!!

oh my gosh, I went to the PO to check my mail this a.m. and got the new series already!!! Being I'm in Arizona, I didn't expect them til mid week at least! Oh it's going to kill me to work the rest of the day instead of trying one! Maybe I'll take a long lunch:)

I'll be back later with a full check in - just had to share - I'm so excited!

Kris

Me too, Kris! In so excited! Bummed that I worked out already, lol.

On that note...Disc 10, done!

Tomorrow....Turbo Barre, baby!!!! :eek:

Erin:: Yeah I just read about the Freddy/Zuzanna break up over the weekend! She is still going to be being creating the work outs so they should still be good I would think. I just hope her "hosts" have good form, etc.

Kiki:: Enjoy Turbo Barre tmrw! Maybe if I am lucky enough to have my work outs waiting for me when I get home tonight, I will join you in that work out in the morning! MAYBE! Depends on if I can tear myself away from BR, etc for one day!!! :p

Katie:: HR is a tough work out! IKWYM about the back segment being left out of that premix. I trust Cathe. She is the expert but the logical part of my brain can't handle it either! LOL

Wiggie:: Try Turbo Barre tomorrow with Kiki!!! I will too (I think! LOL) if I get the work outs today! Sorry you didn't lose this week but shake it off. It happens and atleast you didn't gain, right? :)

Kris:: So since you have the new work outs will you do TB with Kiki too? ;) Unless you are going to get a jump on things and do it today?? :)

Bridget:: Hope that the downloads go smoothly! I lack serious patience for that kind of stuff hence my decision to order DVDs only! :p

Barb:: Good job on the walking. Do your best and forget the rest! ;) Glad the meds are helping keep the vertigo managable.

Come on, Wendy! If your workouts are there, you HAVE to join me in a "TB challenge" ;) (we can do a premix if it makes ya feel more BRish :p )

Come on, Wendy! If your workouts are there, you HAVE to join me in a "TB challenge" ;) (we can do a premix if it makes ya feel more BRish :p )

Um, YIKES! I just looked up TB on the WOM and there is nothing under like 50 minutes on that disc! :eek:I need to rethink this, lady! This is no good for me during the week now! I am far too spoiled time wise to handle anything over MAYBE 40 minutes before work these days! :p

I'm so jealous that you all already got your DVDs! :p Maybe mine will be waiting for me when I get home (which won't be until after 8:00 pm tonight :mad: ). Happy thoughts, happy thoughts. :rolleyes: Now the BIG question, which workout to do first?!?!?! :)

I got my LIS today and I think I will do a spin tomorrow. My husband just set up my bike that goes on one of those cyclone.

Spinning this morning- earned 8 activity points and was singing Promises in the Dark by Pat Benatar all morning afterward. I obeyed the ab challenge, and did PUB abs after dinner tonight- perhaps not the best time to do an ab workout- it wasn't too bad- until the pike thingies- I fell off the ball, my arms caved in!

Tomorrow, however, I have Total Body Trisets- upper body cued on the iPhone and hooked up to the TV & ready to go! I previewed it quickly, and like what I see so far- looks like fun!!

Kris- Are you able to shower? I didn't appreciate that as much since after Irene and we lost power and hot water.

Katie- so, do tell, which one did you do first?

Kiki- anxiously waiting for your Turbo Barre review

Barbara- I previewed the Cycle Max program- I like her form pointers, though I don't have a bike at home to do it on. Is it me or do her eyelashes look extremely large in that workout???

Wendy- enjoy your rest day, you have earned it lady!

Erin- yay spinning! Feel the joy!

Wiggie- I LOVE Body Max original. I actually bought it twice. It was in an old DVD player that died- my husband took it to the dump and there it went. He even went back to the dump to see if he could find it and it was gone. I fought the urge for a while, then couldn't take it any more and bought the Body Max DVD again.

Going to bed early good night all
Bridget

Hi there!

So this a.m. - first thing - I did MIS as planned. Then when I got the wonderful surprise of the new dvds:), I couldn't resist doing something, so I did Yoga Relax just now - nice, a really nice long extended stretch:) I feel very relaxed and nice and stretched out.

Besides the walk yesterday a.m. - I did planks/bicycle combo to get abs in:)

Yeah, our water was back on when we got back from doing the Breast cancer walk - so thank goodness for that - but now I'm a little tense every time I turn a faucet - not sure what caused this one, and I'm afraid it will happen again... I bought 5 gallons of water though, just to have on hand:)

Not sure which new workout I'll do tomorrow a.m. - yay, what a dilemma. I may join Kiki in TB - supposed to be a cardio day per the rotation I've been following though - so we'll see. :)

Hi Bridget - can't wait to hear about Total body trisets! Great job on your spinning (and now Promises in the Dark is going to be stuck in my head:) and on doing the PUB abs challenge!

Hi Barbara - you'll have to fill us in on the cycle max workout - I didn't get that one since I don't have a spin bike (yet - I'm so tempted:)

Hi Katie - I hope you got the series too! happy thoughts from me to you!

Hi Wendy - Hope you enjoyed your rest day! Great BR workouts too!

Hi Kiki - Great work on Disc 10! Woohoo on the new workouts too, yay, so excited all day:)

Hi Wiggie - Great job with Bodymax! I had that one on my agenda here day after tomorrow, but think a LIS workout will take it's place. I'll do Bodymax though soon:) Great job with your ab work! I've been doing it too- you motivated me lady - thanks!

Hi Erin! Great job spinning!

Hi Terina!

Have a great night everyone!

Kris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.