STS Body Rockers - Week of November 13th

Hello All!!

No workout Wed., I went to church & it stormed that evening, lights went out. Thursday's workout was a spin class at the Y. I felt like my thighs got a really good workout. Peddling backward is pretty hard, at least for me. I guess I'll get used to it. Gotta make this quick I'm at work, trying to get everything done. I'm on vacation next week & I'm trying to leave my office in decent condition. I will have to work late, so I will be back tomorrow.

Glad you're feeling better Wendy!!!

Have a great evening Everyone!!

It's Aloha Friday!!!!!
It's a scheduled rest day today :) off to do my nails :)

Have an incredible Friday!!!!!!

Terina- I don't have a spin bike. I actually go to the gym for that. I actually took over my sons closet={ filled with all my db, bb and steps lol.
Hi everyone quick hi and by ... Off to bed. Sts meso 2 week 1 down =}

Forgive my absence everyone, I picked up my shiny new MacBook Pro on Tuesday, and it operates like a dream!!

This is how my week has gone:
Sat- burned by the Gauntlet!
Sun- rest
Mon- spin- yay!
Tues- rest
Wed- got WAITLISTED at the Y for a spin bike on Wednesday (called in too late) and couldn't spin- so I took the day off...WW weigh in- lost 0.2 lb, slow and steady... 16 weeks down, total of 9.2lbs!
Thurs- rest, again!
Fri- Spin, kicked butt!

Today, I'm actually thinking of resting again, maybe a Yoga. I am enjoying the rest periods, but the spin is a great outlet, and sets my tone for the day after I'm done.

Wiggie- I've never pedaled backward in a spin class before- that's interesting Any good tunes in class?

Wendy- sounds like a slow day at work for you yesterday- I hustled yesterday- lots of sick people wanting to be better for the holidays.

Terena- Aloha- great workouts, and the nails too!

Kiki- I'm having my in-laws here for thanksgiving, so I have a packed week ahead with cleaning, cooking, orthodontist, etc. I'm hoping to start this weekend preparing some of the dishes ahead of time...multitaskers unite!

What is everyone else doing for Thanksgiving? Anyone cooking? Watching calories/pointsplus? Watching football?

Bridget

bridget ..ah wait listed fail too=) I hate when that happens. Thanks for reminding me to call for tomorow.
wiggleooh vacation love it:cool:
So i broke down and asked hubby for a pull up bar lol. I know there is one u can put on the door or somehting. Figure its worth a try cause those tubes are not working me hard enough! Plus i think it would be good to have for px90! I would love adj db ...but so expensive right now. I will make do for now with taping on weights and wearing weighted gloves. But the bar bell....hmm not sure there either. May just have to head to the gym when things get heavy! I am down 4lbs. I try not to weigh myself to often so i am sure it was gradual loss. I knew my body was changing and i felt great. I actually had to get rid of my jeans collect since it went from 10-4=)))) to many big jeans laying around. Just means more shopping for me. I work today and my cooler is packed and full of good food. I hope to have a good some what busy 12hr shift;) Tomorow will be either spin or LIS..? maybe ayoga max..ahhh

Erin- when I was doing STS I was dissatisfied with the rubber band option too. After spin class- when I was already warm, I would go to the weight room in the Y and use the chin up/pull up machine. Haven't done it in a while, maybe this week?

Bridget

Congrats on the weight loss! Good work!

Last edited:
Week 2 of Meso 1

Friday I did Meso 1 Disc 4. I'm going to do AfterBurn today with light weights.

I'm doing STS/LIS with AB, AT, CS and when I get tired of those, I'll pick some more. I tried LIC and it wasn't what I was looking for. I thought there was too much choreo while I just wanted a workout that was similar to CS, which I love.
I like Insanity drills with Shaun T. but I want Cathe to do a similar one with step. I don't want to be running all over the room, like in Drill Max.

I think I'm just picky.

Have a great weekend,
Lesia

Hi there everyone - happy Saturday:)

I've gone back and tried to get caught up on personals - sounds like you all have been busy and getting in some great workouts! Since I checked in last, I did 4DS KB cardio PM on Thursday (used my weighted gloves Wendy:) ), Friday was Afterburn PM (intervals 1-5) and today was Afterburn PM (intervals 6-10) and TBT UB. Yesterday was supposed to be the full AB workout but ran out of time so split it up between yesterday and today (whatever it takes right?:eek:) DH is still home, so I've been struggling to get in my workouts, but mostly getting it done, he'll be going back to work right after Thanksgiving it sounds like.

Lesia - great job with M1D4 and hope you enjoyed AB:)

Erin - woo hoo on the weight loss, but even more so the body changes, that's the best! Great job getting through M2 Week 1! Way to go!

Bridget - Yay on new Macbook! Great job on your spinning, can't believe you got waitlisted, what a bummer! 9.2 lb total down! Great job!

Terina - Great workouts for you - I like adding that S&G Cardio PM to TBT UB. I am in the 3rd week of the rotation (I've altered it a touch, mostly to avoid LIC :eek:, but added a few others too - added the 4DS KB cardio the other day, I just like that one. I'm loving the rotation too!

Wiggie - love the new profile picture, adorable! :) Great spinning for you - hope you have a great vacation.

Wendy - so glad you're feeling better, sounds like you've gotten some great workouts in! How'd TBT LB go? I am just so uncoordinated, the LIC got me, not sure when I'll be up for that - probably on a day I don't really want a workout, since I get so focused on the choreo I barely break a sweat :eek::confused:

Katie - wow, great mish mosh you put together there! That's awesome!

Kiki - you are a busy lady! Great job getting the AT PM in, I haven't tried any of those PM yet, that Leg Express Cardio one sounds great.

Hi Barb!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Kris

Thanks Kris, I did enjoy AB!

I did AB premix 1 (1 time through each interval). I enjoyed it because I only had a little time tonight and I wanted to work hard. I really like AB the way it is, but I'm glad that Cathe put premixes in the dvds for moments like this. When I did it this way, I knew that I could push hard for that 1 time and then I moved on to something else. Great for an exercise ADD brain.

Tomorrow is Meso 1 Disc 5 Back & Triceps.

Lesia

Hi gals!

Today's workout was Turbo Barre: Express Leg Premix (substituting abs for stretch) + 25 minutes of Yoga Relax. As usual my support leg about gave out several times during TB but I survived (almost). :confused: I still had to take more breaks than i'd like but less than last week. Baby steps right?

I do have some good news to report. Yesterday I bought my first pair of size 4pants in.....YEARS. I'm soooo excited! :eek: :eek: :eek: I've been bemoaning quite a bit lately about not losing weight, blah blah blah...but maybe my body is changing in other ways. This couldn't have come at a better time either because now i'm determined to keep it under control during the holidays (minus the HUGE plate of food I ate yesterday at the office Thanksgiving meal . . . and the several pieces of pizza I ate today at my nephew's birthday party . . . and the HUGE plate of food i'm sure i'll eat tomorrow at my law school Thanksgiving get together). :D

Lucy: Great job with AB! Love that one. :) Kick butt tomorrow during Disc 5.

Kris: I'm loving all the fabulous workouts you've been getting in lately! Great idea to split up AB when you knew you were going to be short on time. Enjoy all the time you can with your hubby. :)

Bridget: EEK a MacBook Pro! How awesome is that! :eek: I'm going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving and i'll be helping my mom cook. I actually modified a recipe tonight for sweet potato casserole cutting the calories in HALF. Woot woot! Hopefully it'll still taste good. I'm doing a test run tomorrow for my law school thanksgiving dinner. Oh, and of course i'll be watching football! Ya'll know me. :D What are your thanksgiving plans?

Erin: Yay for the pull up bar! That's great! I wasn't happy with the band during STS either but there's no chance i'll be able to get a pull up bar or the tower in the near future. :( CONGRATS on the weight loss! That's very exciting. Keep up the great work!

Terina: I hope you had a wonderful time getting your nails done! :)

Wiggie: Great job getting in your spin class. Have a wonderful vacation next week!

Wendy: Oops sorry to leave you hanging yesterday! :confused: Busy morning at work and then I spent the afternoon stuffing my face and shopping for clothes that actually fit. WTG with HiiT: DWP. Love that one! It is such a butt kicker. I'm so glad you had a good day yesterday! Did it stay that way? Fingers crossed!!!

Hi Kiki, Barb, and Terina!

I did kick butt!

Thanks Katie for the shout out! I did indeed kick-butt on Meso1 Disc 5 Back & Triceps. I got the weight right on this one today because I was going to failure at the end of each exercise. Instead of being tired, I feel pumped up!

This is an awesome series and I have no dread factor with it. I don't know why I waited so long to get this series. I've been doing Cathe workouts since the 90s.

I love that this series is so new to me.

Have a great Sunday, Ladies.
Lesia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.