STS Body Rockers - Week of July 10th!

itsup2me

Cathlete
Good morning:) I did Body Max 2 Cardio premix and AC - Yoga this a.m. - definitely feeling my shoulders, triceps and chest today from yesterday's disc 13 :eek:

Bridget - Yeah, I know with Meso 1, there was kind of alot of scrambling to change equipment, Meso 2 is different for sure. I'm excited to see how the Leg workout is in this Meso (and a little scared) :confused: Great job with disc 10! You're almost to recovery week:) Yay!

Tracy - Hope you're starting to heal.

Kiki - Hope the ankle is better:) Did you order any kickbox videos?

Autumn - Laundry max - I love it! :)

Wendy - Looking forward to hearing about your workout as always!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Kris

Good Morning Kris and all who follow.

Well I did it! STS 5.5 MONTH ROTATION IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
I finished it off y'day with Plyo Legs and my own weighted ab work! AWESOME!;)

Rest day today. T-W-R will be cardio/ab days. Friday will be another rest day (well, MAYBE!lol) and then Saturday I start my new Body Rock rotation which, as of right now will look like this....

Sat: Full Body Weight Work Out DVD
Sun: Cardio DVD
Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs: Body Rock work outs
Fri: Rest

Sorry I was pretty much MIA this weekend. Just one those "so much to do and not enough time to do it" type of weekends. It was all good stuff though. :)

Kris:: Great work out! BM2 cardio kicks my azz!:eek:

BBL!:cool:

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was Stretching galore and abs, lol. I think I did like every stretch vid I own :eek:, plus Pilates Abs (STS) and HR abs.

I'm thinking I can only take a couple more days of this "resting" nonsense :p lol. So I'll probably start my rotation of S&H/4DS on Wed. That will be a full week from the date that I planned to start it. I will probably try to keep the cardio upper body related, or at least not too "jumpy/pivoty" ;) for at least another week, but we'll see. It's all still tentative. The ankle was pretty decent yesterday, although my bootay was pretty well planted ALL DAY :eek: , so who knows what the real deal is :confused: . But just knowing that my girl Tracy is over there dealing w/ SOOO much worse, I refuse to complain (still prayin for ya, lady! :( )

As for the dog.....:rolleyes: LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH! :eek:
This is quite the fiasco, for sure. I am a dog lover, but this is a little overboard. No offense to any of you who may have a bulldog, but I just don't get it :confused: . This dog slobbers POOLS of drool, EVERYWHERE, and pants/snores louder than you would believe. :eek: I suppose maybe they're used to it or something, but I don't have a very....um...."drool friendly" home. :rolleyes: IDK how to even explain it, but his drool is VERY acidic, and is EATING THROUGH MY HARDWOOD FLOORS. Even DH (who's to blame for all this craziness :mad:, and thought I was just over-exaggerating when I was calling/texting him at work nonstop, complaining, lol ), finally admitted that I was right :cool: (can someone log that somewhere? ;) ) He wasn't even home from work for an hour the first day, before he was like, "Is this for real?! AM I GETTING PUNKED?! " rofl

Wendy: Yay! Your 1.5 year STS rotation is over! :D :p LOL. Seriously, way to rock that one out despite your original setbacks the first time around. Your story is definitely one for the books ;) You should send in a "success story" so that others can know how to tweak STS if it doesn't seem to be working at first, and how key the eating is ;) Quite inspirational. Looking forward to hearing about your BR adventures, but first...enjoy that recovery :)

Kris: Yep, I've been a DVD shoppin fool :p (as if the cellophane prison isn't overflowing already! :eek:) I've bought a couple of kickbox vids, and have a few more (plus a couple of stretch w/o's) in my collage cart ;) Got any suggestions that you wanna enable me w/? :p

Tracy: Speaking of new vids...which Ilaria vid did you have, and do you like it? When do you return to the Dr again? Do you have something (Rx) for the pain? :(

Good morning ladies! Yesterday I did Disc ?? (M3, W2, chest/back) + 4DS: LIS. I know i'm getting close to the end of the program when I can't remember what disc number i'm on! :p :eek: I really like Meso 3 but the chest/back workouts are soooo loooong. I feel like they take forever!

This morning I did KPC. What a great workout! KPC always fuels my fire for more kickboxing workouts and since I haven't bought any workout DVDs for awhile, I might just bust out that credit card (evil laugh). :eek:

Wendy: CONGRATS ON FINISHING STS!!!!! What a great accomplishmnet! I agree 100% with Kiki, you should definitely submit your success story. Your adventures, successes, and even failures with STS are both inspiring and informative, and I think will benefit many Cathletes who read your story. Are you taking a rest week after the end of Meso 3? I was actually just wondering this weekend if a final, post-STS rest week is recommended.

Kiki: I'm glad your Achilles is on the mend! You're going to be back in the game in no time. :) As for the bulldog can I just say EWWWW! Slober eating through your hardwood floors?!?!?! That's awful and completely disgusting! When is the dog's owner coming back to get that ole' thing? I can't believe you got stuck with that mess. Your DH definitely owes you big time. ;) What kickbox DVDs did you purchase? I'm thinking I need a few more myself! :rolleyes: :eek:

Tracy: Are you hanging in there girl? I've still got lots of prayers going up and lots of healing thoughts heading your way!

Kris: Way to knock out BM2. That one kicks my butt every single time. It never gets easier for me! :eek: I think it's all that high intensity/impact work on the 8 inch step. The leg workouts in Meso 2 rock! They are my favorite Cathe leg w/os actually. I recommend going as heavy as possible. I found I could really up the weight I used on leg day in Meso 2 because of the format of the workout. Enjoy!

Good morning ladies! I did 4DS HIS cardio and then Disc 14 this a.m. - wowza:eek:, going to feel that one later - I really liked the workout, really felt good (not sure if that's the right word, but you know what I mean), time flew with those tri-sets.

Katie - Great job on your workout - you're getting close to the end! Wow:) Thanks for the advice - I'll make note to heavy up when I can.

Kiki - Glad your ankle is getting better. Sorry about the bulldog - the week is almost up right? :confused:I actually was looking at the Iliara dvds on collage after you guys were talking about them:eek:

Wendy - WooooHoooooo! You completed STS!!! Great job - I agree - you should submit your story as a success story - you've really motivated me and have great advice:) Enjoy your recovery week!

Tracy - sending more healing thoughts your way.

I'm off from work today:D So will be heading out of the house shortly for some running around. Have a great day everyone!

Kris

Good Afternoon!

I'm 10 steps ahead of y'all, ladies! ;) I totally planned on submitting an STS success story! I submitted a regular success story just prior to beginning STS and will use that photo as my before photo for my STS story now! :D
I also need to take my m3 bicep shot and add it to FB since I have 1 for m1 and m2! :cool:

Thanks for all of the nice things you said Kris, Katie and Kiki. You made me blush!:eek::)

Kris:: NICE work out this morning!!! HIS-gotta revisit that one this week! I never did it last week! May have set myself back in learning the choreo now! :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Katie:: Because I was doing M3 out of order a bit I was forgetting what disc I was on as well so I know how ya feel! Don't feel bad! :D KPC is a fun one for sure! Yes, I am taking a shortened version of an active recovery week but I am taking one!!!:)

Kiki:: Sorry about the doggy drama. Never owned a bulldog or been in one's presence for very long so I didn't know they had a drooling problem. Eeew. :eek: The snorning I was aware of though. That dog would have his own bedroom if he were mine cause I would NOT be kept awake by a DOG at night! :rolleyes: Despite the misgivings you have mentioned I have heard, in their defense, that they are a good breed personality wise. My DH wants a german shepard. :eek: I, OTOH, want another mushy dog like my golden. :p Good luck starting your new rotation this week! Yes, a week's rest is more then I could handle! That's for sure! You did good!;):D

Tracy:: How are you holding up? Feel so bad for you!!!!!!:(

Autumn:: YAY you are staying!:D

Hello to everyone else!

BBL~:cool:

I went to spinning class this morning, did my chinups & pullups in the gym, then came home and skipped the warmup (like the boys on the bikes!) and did disc 11 afterward.

I am debating whether to finish up week 4 of Meso 1 tomorrow and do legs then, or to do it on Wednesday. I am leaning toward tomorrow, my spinning class is Mon, Wed, Friday, on Thursday I take my test, then on Friday my HS reunion/weeklongvacation adventure begins, and what a perfect time to take a rest week!?!

Kiki- we are going away next week, and both our dogs are being boarded by the woman who grooms them, and we are paying for it! What is this relative who dumped their bulldog on you giving you in return for the babysitting service for the drooler?? Sounds pretty inconsiderate!

Tracy- sending healing thoughts your way!

Wendy- great job on finishing your very long STS rotation! How do you celebrate something like that?

Kris- I LOVE BM1- I should try BM2- I have done the cardio from it, but just not the whole thing. I feel like a warrior when I do BM!

Katie- I'm going to remember you said that the legs in Meso2 are your favorite when I do that- I'm still reeling from last week's leg workout- disc 9.

Hello Autumn!

Bridget

Last edited:
Bridget:: Posting at the same time! Good work out this morning! Def plan your rest/recovery week during your vacation if you can!:) I celebrated finishing STS this weekend w/our dinner and dessert at Texas Road House and drinks afterwards. ;) Now I am back to business though b/c I'd like to see a drop in the scale this week and I have a few pounds of water weight to contend with before that can happen! :eek:

Lower Body Blast is complete!!! I received RKS (Reinhardt Kbell System) and am thinking of doing it b/c I can add on. The workouts are ~30 minutes or less... not sure what I'll add but that is my plan for now... stay tuned b/c it could change at any time. ;):p

It is too flippin' hot for me!!!!! :eek: With the heat index, it is 102 here already!!!!! It wasn't this miserable in Florida. :confused::eek:

Kris ~ I am still not finished with LaundryMax... :mad::confused::eek: I have at least 3 more loads to complete. I am thinking of adding 4DS to my RKS workouts to get my hour that Cathe recommended. But I kinda want to do yoga. I am so fickle!!! :eek:

Wendy ~ ^5s^ on completing STS!!!!! BTW, did you contact Cathe and tell her to throw in abs as much as possible on the RT??? :p Hey, I could add a BR workouts to my RKS?? I think I am overwhelming myself with possibilities, lol. Can't wait to read your success story!!!

Kiki ~ Just be sure you are ready to get back to your workouts!! Don't make me come visit with my nursing hat on & get all Nurse Ratchet on you... it is big & ugly hahahahaha!! :p:) I am so sorry about your dog drama!!

Katie ~ I kept losing track of my disc #s too!! What workouts are you thinkin' of gettin'?? :)

Bridget ~ You are so inspiring with your spinning workouts! Good luck on your exam!!!! I was so nervous when I took mine.

Oh hungry baby, I gotta run... BBL

Edited to correct an oopsie

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies. :D

Today's work out was 60 mins of KCM cardio + abs as follows:

30 M to Fitness K/B: Kicking Only premix
Circuit Burn: 1/2 of Cardio & Boxing premix wearing weighted gloves (she goes thru same moves 2x so I only did them once)
TLC: Express Cardio Premix w/weighted gloves
30 M to Fitness B/C: 15 min of the Cardio Only premix
NYC Body Sculpting: Abs + Stretch

Autumn:: If you are crazy enough-go ahead and try it! I'd love to hear the feedback! :eek:;):p

I'll be back later with my workouts.

RT thoughts...

Cathe
I wanted to attend a RT to meet & workout with Cathe. I was happy to meet Cathletes, but my main reason for attending was to meet & workout with her.

The first workout was Athletic training on Friday. She came hurrying into the room. She lit up the room and the energy and excitement increased dramatically. If I lived near her gym, I'd take every class she teaches. She was FANTASTIC!!!!!! She is motivating, encouraging, and real (she says she's started sweating when I was noticing some sweat, etc. :)). She made it clear she was there for us and invited us for autographs, questions, etc. during the event, but I had to hurry back to my li'l Diva to nurse before the rest of my evening.

At dinner, she came around to the tables for photo ops. I was star struck... I admit it. :eek: :) It wasn't until after workout 2 (yoga stretch... ummm... we were expecting a little more relaxing lol ;)), I approached her. She greeted me with a hug, and we chatted. I found her to be warm, friendly, gracious, genuine, funny, approachable, humble, beautiful, fit, and I could go on and on. She was so willing to give me advice and simply talk. I was on cloud 9 the next day when we ran into Cathe in the bathroom before a workout & she knew MY NAME (no name tag at that time)!!!! :D I was so excited when I told my DH. :D:D Granted, I do have an unusual name, but I was excited!!! The next evening, she & her sister sat at our table for dinner. We were the "intorvert club" table so it was a little quiet. :);) I was still star struck. Oh and she is soooo real... we saw her eat Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwiches... I won't tell you how many. :p;) Cathe really won me over when she met my sweet li'l Diva, who was trying to crawl out of my arms into Cathe's. :D:confused::eek::D Cathe was behind me at the fireworks & took a pic of li'l Diva sleeping through the entire fireworks show, lol. She sent it to me... imagine my delight to have a message from Cathe in my inbox. Cyndi (behind the scenes photographer) printed a similar pic to the one in my avatar and gave it to me (which Cathe signed for me)... I thought that was so special!!

Workouts...

The energy and excitement pushed me harder than I push myself at home. I hope to take what I learned at the RT about pushing passed my comfort zone and applying it to my home workouts. During our yoga stretch (that made me sweat :confused:), we lost the lights 2xs which made chair pose fun, lol. I think Chris or someone was playing. ;) Did you see the Dixie cups? Yes, those were used in the lower body workouts for lunges (can't remember specifics), but this helps take some pressure off the knees reaching for them (it does help). I missed the 2nd workout on Saturday b/c I was feeding and napping with the baby. It was ok though b/c I had plenty of DOMs. Did I mention we had visited Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom before the RT started. I had walked and walked and was already feeling THAT when the RT started, lol. I was not disappointed in the Cathe workouts (but the room was a tad stuffy).

The Cathletes...

Most were just as awesome as Cathe :):), but there were a few I found to be less than friendly.:( However, I realize that may not be the case at all. I've been accused of being stuck up since elementary school when in fact I am just painfully shy. So, I am giving the benefit of the doubt but am honest & didn't find everyone friendly. :) I agree with Kiki there is a "clique" that naturally forms when people get together, and I noticed it too. I think you just have to jump right in and meet people. When I had the time to meet people, I found the "cliquishness" wasn't an issue & people were very welcoming. My problem was I didn't have the time to meet & mingle that I would have liked b/c I had to care for li'l Diva. :)

*As I said before, there were many women who w/bods that were OUTTA-THIS-WORLD-PERFECT :eek: (of course, Amanda, being one of them - OMG!!! if you think she looks good on the videos, it is UNREAL to see that bod in real life - I even had to close DH's jaw a time or two :rolleyes:, and he's usually rather good about not sneaking peaks at other ladies...or at least at not getting caught! :p)

This is true!!! Oh and that Amanda... OMGosh, she is GORGEOUS and very sweet!!! I do not equate fitness with aesthetics (pet peeve of mine) & it seemed to me various body types and fitness levels were represented.:)

I absolutely would not hesitate to attend another RT. I don't know if I'll ever make it to NJ, but if Cathe comes to the midwest or goes to WDW again I would not hesitate!! It was a fantastic experience!!!

Last edited:
Autumn-What a great post! Thanks for sharing!:) I am very shy too. I had a hard time interacting when I went on the road trip in 2008. I do soooo much better in small groups. I only went b/c a couple ladies that I "knew" from a long standing check in on here were going so I felt like I kinda knew them already. I hung out with them the entire time and only talked to others briefly. I too was "star struck" by Cathe. Didn't have the nerve to approach/talk with her much. :(

Last edited:
Hi ladies! This morning I did Athletic Step + functional abs from CCC. I had originally planned on doing CCC today but because I have plyo legs AND HiiT still on schedule for this week I was worried CCC might push my heart over the edge. :eek: :p

Autumn: Thanks sooo much for your thoughts on the RT! I loved reading about your experiences, especially how awesome Cathe really is (not that I ever doubted that fact, but hearing you say just confirms :) ). I'm not sure which KB i'm going to get but i'll definitely let you know when I decide!

Wendy: I always enjoy seeing how you put various workouts together to make one long workout. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! :) I'm glad to hear you're taking an active recovery week after Meso 3 because I want to too. :D :p

Bridget: Great job sticking to your spinning + STS plan! Sounds like you got a heck of a workout yesterday. I think it's a good idea to get STS finished so that you can concentrate on your test and vacation. GOOD LUCK!!

Kiki: I hope the bulldog drama isn't driving you crazy today!

Kris: How are you legs feeling today? A little sore? ;) :p I had to re-arrange the STS discs so that leg day fell right before my rest day because those tri-sets were tough (and yet fun...amazing how that works).

Katie:: Oh I NEED this recovery, girl. I am still sore from the weekend's STS work outs and I RESTED y'day! :eek: I never overthink my mish moshes. That's the key. If they don't fall together quickly and easily then I don't do them. :) Great work out today! Love AS!

Hi ladies, really just in for my last check-in to check out :(:mad: i went to my orthopaedic surgeon today and he gave me the grim news: absolutely no exercise (even walking) for about 5 more weeks!!! the reason is the placement of the break (about which i was unclear). it is actually right at the bottom of the ballof my humerus, which is avery dicey place. I have therapy exercises to do for it every hour, but that's it! on the up-side..i hope to be healed just in time for the release of the Low impact series!! and then after I am back on my feet physicaaly to start STS again. Until then.. i have to sleep sitting up! (that's crazy talk...ain't it Katie?)

I began to cry right there in front of the doctor, workouts have been a haven for me...and i will miss this check-in..Iwill still cruise the cathe forums to see what's going on...but right now I am going to focus on getting my shoulder better.

Autumn: thanks for the RT share..i still hope to go next year!

kiki: i have Bodystrikes 2 and Powerstrikes 5. I really like her(ilaria) because she is very professional and her wo's are organised and make sense. She is just a good instructor. I can't stands for the silliness in my instructors. note: fit mommy did not like Powerstrikes 5, soo...(but i did...matter of taste)
They have got me on percocet..but i am only taking it when i am out of my head with pain

Last edited:
Hello, Hello!

Oh plyo legs. How I long to hate you. This morning I did Disc 29 and it was a toughie! Last week I felt like the plyo legs w/o hit my heart harder than my legs (not really complaining though :p ) but not this week! Of course I was still breathing heavily at certain points but my poor legs were already burning about 1/3 of the way through the w/o! :eek: Bring on the strength! :D

Tracy: I'm going to miss you so much around here! We started STS together (well, close anyway) and i've really enjoyed the journey. I completely understand your decision though and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!!! If you're ever in the neighborhood stop in and say hello!! and when you're all healed up I hope you come back and re-join us (if you want to of course).

Wendy: I love AS too! I don't do it very often (not sure why) but when I do I always work up a great sweat. Plus because it is slightly shorter than most of Cathe's cardio DVDs it allows me to add in core work and/or extra stretching! So when you do a mish mosh do you plan it in advance or just pop in a DVD and see what happens? I'm such a "plan ahead kinda girl" it borders on ridiculous! :eek: :rolleyes: I'm already starting to plan my first post-STS rotation....so many ideas, so little time. ;) :)

Morning.

I did 4DS Double Cardio today! :D:D:D First time EVER!!!! :D:D:D The only thing I totally lamed out on was the 2nd blast in HIS. For some odd reason I just couldn't get it together and didn't have time for a lot of rewinding so I ended up inserting jacks and hi knees until it was over. Other then that I did good! I even got combo and blast #3! They weren't pretty but I was able to do it! Yay me! LOL Finished off the work out with a 3 min prone plank hold. New record for me! Yeah! :D

Tracy:: Awww girl, I'm so sad to hear that you are leaving us :(...I hope it only temporary until you are all healed up and back in business but ofcourse I undertand why you are doing it. I hope you heal up perfectly and faster then expected!!!! We'll be thinking of you!!!!!!!!!!

Katie:: As for my planning of the mish-moshes...there is always atleast some loose plan in place. I always know the direction I want to take the work out in and have an idea of the dvd's/segments there of that I am thinking of including. I usually pick out too many options for the time that I have but that's better then not having enough. Y'day I picked out a handful of dvd's and knew what segments would work for me prior to starting. As far as the order goes, I shot from the hip as I went along. Yes, the shock cardios are all a bit shorter which allows more time for abs and such. I think she did that on purpose. It works. :)

Hey Gang,

Yesterday I finished STS Meso 1 with the leg disc- another toughie, I still cannot do the squat things on the wall where you pick up the weights, and the one legged sit-n- stands, still need the extra foot there and they're not pretty either.

I went spinning this morning to finish out my week- a bit early I'll admit. My exam is tomorrow, and I'll be catching a plane on Friday- most likely won't check in again until I return the following weekend.

Meso1- I didn't lose any weight, but to be fair, I didn't eat clean through it either. I have the kit for weight watchers online, think I'll start that when I return from vacation. My measurements aren't much different, but my clothes fit different, if that makes sense, and my belly is smaller- wish I had measured that! I do feel stronger, and am impressed that I was pretty much a beginner starting from scratch and made such gains with STS.

Autumn- my exam is tomorrow, thanks for the well wishes, and yes, I am nervous! I have studied so much, I cannot take it anymore. I love your avatar! Also appreciated your RT reflections. I live in CT, so conceivably, I could make it to a NJ RT, but would have to leave my dh & dd. I could justify taking them to Disney, probably not to NJ!

Tracy- the workouts will be there for you after you heal, eat well, take care of yourself and you're right, when the low impact series comes out, you will be ready! We'll miss you, but take care of yourself!

Take care Kiki, Kris, Katie & Wendy

Bridget

Bridget:: Congrats on the completion of M1! Definitely a great feeling, I know! :) I couldn't do the wall squats where you squat all the way down to pick up the DB's either. I used to just hold the DB's in my hands the entire time and do a standard depth squat. If I even even made it down far enough to grab the DB's I would surely NEVER get back up! :eek: Good luck on your exam. I'm sure you'll do fine! ;)

Hi there ladies!

Yesterday was crazy, didn't get a chance to check in, but I had a rest day (and needed it from Disc 14 Legs! Yikes - reminder every time I stand up - but so good! lol) This a.m. I did Disc 15 - biceps/back - I love working my back:)

Bridget - Congratulations on finishing Meso 1! Enjoy your recovery week! (I know you've got a lot going on this week - take care of you too!) Realizing the benefits you got from it is the big thing (non-scale as important as scale) :) I do the WW online program too - it works for me - not rigid. Best wishes for your exam! No doubt you'll do great. I know about those wall squats too, I did the same as Wendy and held the weight the whole time... And the one legged sit and stands - yeah, I have a weight bench which I use instead of a chair for most things, but I simply couldn't do that exercise and couldn't figure out why - so I tried doing it with a chair which is very slightly higher than my bench and I could do it then...

Wendy - Great workout - double cardio from HIS - wow - haven't tried that PM yet! :eek: Awesome with the record plank too! you go! :)

Katie - Plyo legs!!! Great job on Disc 29 and also on AS and CCC abs yesterday! (Yes, my legs felt my Disc 14 - ouchie! but I know what you mean - it's a good ouch!)

Tracy - so sorry you've been sidelined from exercise for a while - just get healed and they are right, the workouts will be there when you're ready! And true - low impact will be out right around the time you're back - something to keep you motivated and looking forward to. take care of yourself - hope you check in when you can still:)

Autumn - thanks for the RT scoop - very motivating. Great to hear that Cathe is as motivating in person as on her videos! :) Love the new pic too!

Kiki - Kickboxing? :)

Talk to you guys later - have a great day!

Kris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.