STS Body Rockers - Week of August 14th :)

Today's w/o = KCM muscle def (w/o #2) & Total Stretch (standing, 10min)

Wendy: yes, I thought that Oct was what we were shootin for? ;) So that we could continue in our summer w/o madness, play around w/new w/o's, do a quickie S90 rotation, and THEN start of fall w/a bang (STS :p). Remember I talked about DH lookin at me mess w/my w/o manager for Nov. :eek:? Lol. Well, keep me posted, we have time, & I'm still babysitting this Achilles, anyway, so it's all good. Although, now I'm thinking that if you don't want to, I may just start a mini S90 now til the new w/o's come, then go from there (maybe just goin straight into STS in Oct, or whenever I'm done w/new low impact stuff. Idk :confused: I'm all over the place right now, so unlike me.

Good evening:)

I did Disc 27 - biceps, triceps and shoulders this a.m. - felt great, weights felt just right. I like combining chest and back one day and now this combo for the other UB workout:)

Kiki - You are doing great with your workouts! So any new favorite workout videos you've found? I might try SRL next time, I did get that set when I ordered the rest of STS. :eek:

Wendy - Yay for DOMS! You've been working so hard and doing so great - hope you have a great time in Florida:) Go show that hard work off at the beach!

Katie - Wow - Hiit 30/30 and Intensity step #1 and a SM! That's great! I'll find that episode about the forearms and post back here shortly - I know right about where it is:)

Hi Bridget - hope you're feeling better!

Kris

Hello!

Drill Max = Check! I had to cut out the weight section of drill 5 because I ran out of time. :mad: DM is longer than I remember (almost an hour and 15 minutes). This was the first time i've done the workout in its entirety and it was tough but lots of fun!

Kris: Thanks soooo much for posting the Cathe TV video for me! I watched it first thing this morning and it was very helpful. I love the fact that I can do many of the exercises she recommends sitting at my desk at work! Perfecto! I really liked combining chest/back and then B/T/S. It was my favorite "pairing" from STS. :)

Wendy: When do you leave for vacation?!?! Tomorrow? How exciting!!! Whew i'm glad to hear you modify the BR workouts using other pieces of equipment and still get a fantastic workout! Sorry for all the questions lately! :rolleyes: :) I was actually rather surprised at the cost of the ugi because it looks like a really cool piece of equipment. Fingers crossed the price drops soon!

Kiki: It is different to see you choosing your workouts on the fly and not planning them out. :p Are you noticing any improvements in your achilles yet?

Hi there!

I planned to take a rest day today because I have a sore throat, just didn't feel like it this a.m. - but ended up getting Athletic Step done later. I think I might end up really liking that one - didn't think so the last time (which was my first time trying it), but it's kind of fun:)

Katie - no problem on the link - yeah, it's kind of stuff you can do easily at your desk or wherever to get those forearms as strong as your upper arms:) Great job on Drill Max! :eek:

Hi Wendy, Kiki and Bridget! Hope you all are doing good:)

I was wondering about that Ugi thing too - it seems really costly - I saw that some people on the site had kind of created their own out of some type of bag and a comforter.... I'm pretty intrigued by those workouts :)

have a great night everyone,

Kris

TGIF Ladies!

Yesterday was JM Yoga Meltdown. I know I can use all the stretching I can get, but IDK if I was quite ready for that Yoga Meltdown ;). So as soon as I finished, I packaged that bad boy right back up and set it in the mailbox (Netflix, lol) :p . Maybe another time. It wasn't very stretch-y, lol, since it was mostly power yoga, reminding me of the "stretch" class we had at the Disney RT, where we all woke up the next day w/more DOMS from the stretch than the w/o's :p. My Achilles just can't handle holding some of those poses for so long, but it would be a decent w/o otherwise. (esp. when traveling, since no equipment is needed)

Katie: Yes, the "non-planning" is killing me. I am not a day-by-day kinda gal. But despite the overflowing prison, I have no inmates that are quite conducive to my current way of life, lol (kinda like Drill Max! :eek: haven't even attempted/opened it yet, good job on conquering it!). I don't wanna buy anymore DVDs since the new series will be here soon, plus I may not use them as much after that, so it's leaving me in a bind. I keep trying diff stuff from Netflix, and some are hits, others misses, but I never know til after I do them. I am noticing some improvement, but I promised myself that I'd let it heal completely this time before forcing it to do something that it's not ready for. I can finally drive again (which I couldn't do a little over a week ago - it was that bad :( )

Kris: Athletic Step also hasn't been released from prison yet, and at this rate, won't be for a while. Hopefully I'll be ready for it when I start back STS. Hope your throat is feeling better. Good job knocking down the w/o despite not feeling good.

Bridget: Hope all is well, and that the nightmare sunburn is going away :eek:

Hi ladies!

Rest day for me today - the sore throat has evolved into a cold, so my head is all stuffy. The good news though is that food just doesn't sound good to me for the past few days - kind of have to make myself eat something which usually is not an issue :eek:- so the scale is behaving - I kind of just stayed stable through Meso 2, after I'd lost weight in Meso 1 - but now the last 2 weeks or so, a little movement downward, with a couple pounds down the last few days (it's false loss I know - as soon as I feel better, will probably pop right back up) Anyway, I'll take it for now:)

Kiki - I have had JM Yoga meltdown for some time, but haven't tried it... :eek: I hope you're ankle gets back 100% soon. I was going to tell you too that since I read your advice to someone else (on another thread) about the focus you put on shoulders, I've been doing that too and I love it:) Thank you!

Hi Katie, Bridget and Wendy - hope you're all doing good.

Have a great evening everyone!

Kris

Hello friends- was debating whether or not to, and decided to go spinning this morning. I love it so much, it gives me such a rush. I am not someone who normally enjoys working out, but I get so much benefit from spinning, I love the music, the people in my class, and the endorphins fill me up all day long. I have read that vigorous exercise is equally effective, sometimes superior to the effect of taking antidepressants- I really missed being out of action there this week.

I suppose I am taking my active rest early this week. I start Meso2 week 4 next week, then I will jump right into Meso3- a little off beat, but not too bad.

I lost a pound at my weigh in, in spite of the swelling, it should be completely down by next week, then I hope to really see the needle move.

The burn is better, I am now a peeling mess- I am even peeling on the backs of my hands- I am visualizing that the peeling is revealing a newer, younger me- like a butterfly from the cocoon.

Good night all!

Bridget

Happy Saturday everyone:)

Pushed through Disc 28 and the combos 1-3 in MMA Fusion. Had a hard time with Fusion - I woke up very congested this morning, couldn't sleep any longer - so I was up at 4 a.m. :( Really didn't feel like doing any cardio, but at least got the 30 minutes in. Hoping that this cold goes away soon.

Bridget - Boy you are really tempting me with the spinning! Sounds awesome! Sorry about the peeling, I like the cocoon analogy though - a brand new you. Great job on the weight loss - with the swelling even - great job!!

Hi Kiki, Wendy and Katie!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Kris

Yay for Saturday! Just a quick check-in to report I did Imax 3 + AC yoga abs this morning. I felt strong today and loved every second of the workouts. Now im off to make a secretly healthy potato salad for my nephew's 1st bday party. It should be a fun (and very hot) afternoon. BBL for personals!

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.