STS Body Rockers - Week of August 14th :)

itsup2me

Cathlete
Good morning everyone!

I did Drill Max Cardio PM and AC - medicine ball this a.m. Felt great, little bit of DOMS in my chest and back - love that:)

Hey Bridget - I don't think there are any pushups in Meso 3. There are some in Meso 2 - week 4 I think. Great job pushing through your workout:)

Hi Wendy - hope you have great BR plans today!

Hi Katie!

Off shortly to Phoenix for a little shopping, running around.

Have a great Sunday everyone,

Kris

Hi everyone! I'm finally back in the game. I can't remember when I last checked in, but here are my most recent workouts.

Thursday - BM2 cardio/weights premix
Friday - rest/funeral
Saturday - Imax 2
Sunday - Step, Jump, Pump

I hope everyone has had a great weekend! I'll be back tomorrow to catch up on personals.

Katie

Hello Everyone.:)

Today's work out was CTX Biceps + w/u and combo 1 from MMA Boxing + cardio only from original BC.

Tmrw it's back to BR + CTX Triceps and then cardio or abs if there is extra time.

BBITAM! :cool:

Starting the week, checking in to say that I won't be spinning tomorrow- we went to the beach yesterday and I am severely sunburned. The can I thought was spray sunscreen, turned out to be aloe vera spray. The only saving grace is that I switched to decent sunblock midway through the day, but probably stayed too long (DH wanted to get his money's worth for the parking at the beach- grr) In addition to DOMS, my arms & legs are on fire...

I am covered in pink cream in my bed, praying that I am better to work tomorrow.

Bridget

Good Morning.

Wowee! Y'day's work out gave me some pretty firey DOMS in my u/b and I think this morning's work out made it worse! :eek:

CTX Triceps + BR Booty Shaping work out from 6/1 this morning (um, seemed to me this w/o was mostly about core and upper body but it was still a winner! Kicked my azz!!!)

Gotta go pack food now. BBIAB for personals from work!:cool:

Hey everyone! Been totally MIA, still on the mend as for the Achilles, but getting in whatever workouts I can. I'm also grabbing spare minutes here and there on the PC because my DH has been on the home PC alot more than usual lately. Plus, we've already started back "school" over here (we homeschool), and apparently "my" new laptop has been deemed the latest back to school item for my son :confused: . Gotta love it...

As for my workouts, last week was pretty random on non-upper body days, but went like this:

Mon: PUB & stretching
Tues: LBB leg conditioning/floorwork and STS extended stretch
Wed: HR upper body premix
Thurs: random mish mosh of 10 min solution segments (from multiple DVDs I grabbed at the library) to equal 1 hr of non-impact nonsense :rolleyes: (pilates, boxing, etc) It never really felt like I was doing anything, I just gave up after an hour of trying of make it work
Fri: KCM Muscle Definition (modifying any lunging type moves) - this was my first time doing this one, it was a good quick w/o and it got my heart rate up. Something I've been missing, so that was nice. Also did a bit more stretching that PM.
Sat: rest day (did 10 min pilates)
Sun: MMA Boxing (no lower body drills)

I'm missing my Cathe, now that I'm adding so many other dvds to the mix, but no need to fear, she is still being put to use around here. My DH has started doing STS (he's only on disc 4, so I'm not gonna start celebrating just yet, lol), and DS has started to do the HiiT dvds as he feels it'll help him in basketball. So we shall see how long that lasts, lol. It feels nice to just hear her voice down there sometimes, lol. Although I do get a little envy and wish it was me down there w/her, lol (doing HiiT :p ).

Hope everyone is having a good day, hope to grab a minute later to get back on for personals!

Good morning! Today's workout was Rythmic Step. Love that one!

Kris: Great job with DM! I remember when I first got that one I was in tears by the time I got to the end because it was soooo tough! Actually, now that I think about it I cried through a lot of Cathe workouts (B&G, BM2, etc.). :eek: :rolleyes: How is Meso 3 going? Still enjoying it?

Bridget: So sorry to hear about our sunburn. :( As a redhead who has experienced one to many sunburns in her life, I "feel your pain." Poor thing. Good idea to skip spinning this morning. Spinning with sunburn legs = FIRE (and not the good kind). I hope some aloe vera is coming your way soon! :)

Wendy: What a fun mish-mosh of workouts! Are you liking the one-body-part-per-day mixed with cardio routine? Are you noticing any visible results? YAY for DOMS! Only you gals understand how exciting it is to have DOMS after a workout (DH just laughs at my DOMS excitement)! :p :rolleyes: What a goober head.

Kiki: SO EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU!! We've been missing your face around here. :) Your dedication to keep working out despite your injury is very inspiring! You are going to have some killer upper body strength lady (not that you didn't already). :p How is that achilles doing? Still bothering you? Maybe the new low impact series will have at least a few (if not more) achilles friendly workouts. I'm excited to hear both your DH and DS are enjoying Cathe! That's fantastic.

Katie!

I missed ya too! It's just that in addition to only really checkin in from my phone, I don't feel like much of a "body rocker" here lately :(. It gets depressing @ times to not be able to do what I want, but @ same time being grateful for what I CAN do, KWIM? So yea, the upper body is rockin, lol. The lower body, blegh :p. Oh well, muscle has memory, right? At least that's what I'm countin on ;). I'll be SO ready for the new series, & then back to STS for me.

Both my DH and DS are moaning and groaning about glute DOMS today, so I guess they don't get as excited as we do, rofl :p. DS did 30/30 yesterday, & DH did disc 3 ( legs). I figured that if there were any w/o that would do him in, it'd be the legs ;). DH despises leg w/o's (as in never does them, lol), so I was afraid (still am) that it will make or break his decision to continue STS. We'll see what happens this week :eek:

Katie, I have been doing BR for a month now and it's been paired with one BP a day for just about 3 full weeks at this point. I have lost more weight this month then ANY OTHER MONTH that I've been on WW! First month was close but the rest were no comparison! So to answer your question about results it's a resounding YES YES YES!!!!!!!! Definition resulting from fat loss baby!!!! ;)

Bridget, OMG the sunburn sounds awful! So sorry that happened to you. :( I've been there. I know what it's like. Went on vacation once and burned the top of my foot so badly that it swelled up and I could barely walk. HUGS!!!!

Kiki, Missin' you girl! Glad you were able to come by and say hi! :) Glad you are keeping up with your work outs as best as you can. Can't wait for you to be back in the game in full force! Sending mega healing vibes your way! That's funny about your DH/DS groaning about DOMS. My DH has gotten into working out for very short periods of time a few times over the years and OMG he would would would cry like a baby over the doms! :p

Kris, Buy anything fun in Pheonix?

Hi there ladies!

Wow - first Plyo legs this a.m.:confused: :eek: I'm going to be feeling this one for a while. I wasn't sure what I was getting into when the first plyo move was jumping from the floor up onto the step with 4 risers and back down! I tried, made it like 2 times, and then just knew I was going to trip on the step and do face plant into my entertainment center - so I modified those jumps as best I could - next time I'm going to not try 4 risers under the step so I can still get the jumps in and keep my teeth... The rest was really tough, but at least the jumps were on the floor.

Wendy - love the name of the BR Booty shaping workout:) Great job! I didn't buy much in Phoenix, had a gift card for Sephora - so got some stuff there - and then I had a reward coupon (for buying other stuff there) from Ulta - so I used that one too:)

Katie - You've been getting great workouts in too - awesome job! How are you feeling post STS?

Bridget - so sorry about the sunburn :( Hope you heal soon!

Kiki - Great to hear from you - sounds like you're doing what you need to for that achilles to heal. Hope you get back to 100% very soon! Cool that your DH and DS are trying Cathe:) And lol on the DOMS complaints.

oops - guess the computer sent me a hint - ended my post before I was done:) Anyway, hope you all have a great night!

Kris

I went to work yesterday, covered in pink cream, and by mid afternoon I was horrified to find that my ankles were swollen- like I was 8 mos pregnant. The doc I was working with saw that I was walking funny, and called in some prednisone for me, and I took it starting last night. This morning (I am still in bed) my ankles are down, I am still burned & owchie and I had creepy dreams last night- glad to be awake, glad to have the day off today!

Next week I am scheduled for a rest week, I may switch that up to this week.

Prednisone has a tendency to make you gain wait (has a tendency to make you want to eat!) so I'm hoping that my weigh in tomorrow isn't too messed up by this.

Kiki- I feel rather wimpy moaning about this when you are creatively finding solutions for your workouts around your injury. How cool is it that your DH & DS are doing Cathe too? They don't understand the joy of DOMS...

Wendy- who knew the ankles would swell? Can't say I've seen that before. Wow to the results with BR!

Kris- I love Sephora- it's like a big candy store! Thanks for the warning about the plyo legs, will keep your riser modification in mind when I get there.

Katie- I have rhythmic step, haven't done it in ages- that's a blast from the past!

Good to hear from you all

Bridget

Hi ladies!

Today's workout was Muscle Endurance. What a roughhhhh morning. :eek: I knew from the start today was going to be an "off" day and it was. I still gave it my all though and am just glad I survived! :)

Kiki: Awww girlie I totally KWIM re: depressed about what you can't do but grateful for what you can do. I'm loving your attitude though!! Most people forget that second part (i.e. grateful for what you can do). We completely understand you may need a break from the check-in; i'm sure hearing about other people's workouts when you can't participate can be a wee bit of a buzz kill. ;) You just make sure to get your tushy back here when you can!! I'm laughing like crazy at your DH/DS's inability to appreciate DOMS. ;) My DH is the same way. He gets a little muscle soreness and cries about it for days. Men! :p

Wendy: Okay, you've almost got me convinced. I'm really liking the July 2010 rotation i'm working through but I just feel like I need something different. I never ordered those KCM workouts like I planned because money got a little tight, but BR workouts are FREE so there's no excuse not to give them a go (except that they scare the crap out of me). Plus i'm really interested in the 1-body-part-per-day idea. Any fav BR workouts? I can't access the website at work (damn firewalls) but i'm going to look into it tonight! Maybe I can do BR workouts for a few weeks until the new series comes out (SO EXCITED).

Bridget: I hope your sunburn is getting better!! ENJOY resting today for sure! Do you think your ankles swelled because of the sunburn?? :( I'm glad a MD was able to help you out! I like your idea of switching your rest week to this week. It sounds like your body needs a break and a chance to recover!

Kris: Don't you just love it when the computer gives you little "hints" like that (you've written enough - time to go :) ). Mine does that sometimes too. :p Those plyo workouts are crazy aren't they?? I thought the first and last were the toughest. The third was my favorite. Definitely modify as needed! I fell once on the 4 risers-on-each-side jumps and it wasn't pretty.... :eek: I'm feeling okay post-STS. One weird thing i've noticed is that my forearms are BURNING during full body workouts; they didn't bother me at all pre or during STS. I guess it's because i've been upping my weights and my forearms aren't used to the higher weights/higher reps combo. Sometimes my forearms are actually preventing me from finishing all the reps. :rolleyes: Frustrating! :mad:

Katie

Good Morning ladies,

Finally got DH out the door, and DS will be going out in a few to cut some of the neighbors lawns (his summer job) so I figure I'd grab a couple of minutes while I sip my coffee to come check in before today's w/o. Yesterday I did Supersets (minus legs :( ) going pretty heavy on upper body to make up for the lack of intensity. Also threw in AC (pilates) and 2 segments of Total Stretch (Tamilee).

DH skipped his STS workout yesterday, said he had no desire to see Cathe's face since she kicked his bootay so bad...literally! (Glute DOMS :eek: ) He just took a stroll on the elliptical and did some stretching instead. We shall see what happens today (he goes on these w/o rampages for a week or two, but they typically fade, so.... :rolleyes: )

Bridget: Don't feel bad! I doubt I would w/o if I was dealing w/a sunburn like that :eek: it sounds awful! I hope the prednisone helps you out some (w/o hurting your waistline :O )

Kris: I don't think I've ever done plyo legs w/more than 2 risers, lol. First of all, I'm a wimp :p , and second - I workout in a converted garage that in addition to having no AC (which is off topic, but figured I'd throw it in for good measure), it also has no padding under the carpet. It's just carpet thrown over cement (was like that when we bought the house), so I'm always concerned about over-jarring my joints when jumping. I've been begging DH for years to redo the floors, to which he never saw the point. But then he did Hiit the other day (thus inspiring DS to start doing it) using as many risers as he could(men, :rolleyes: ) and suddenly the whole house is in agreement on the floor issue! ROFL

Katie: Did you ever share what your post STS rotation is looking like? or was it yet another MIA moment for me? :eek: I'm assuming it'll probably be cardio/circuit heavy (seems like we all move in that direction following STS :D )

Wendy: That's so great that the BR/one body part/day rotation is treating you so nicely ;) . I really wish I could've joined in on it w/you. I hope you're not getting so attached that you plan on skipping out on our plans for the rest of the year :confused: :cool:

Hi there!

I did Step/Hi/Lo PM from SJ&P this a.m. - I love that one:)

Not too much DOMs today in lower body - little stiff, but not what I expected - I know i worked hard yesterday anyway - talk about a sweatfest plyo legs was... :eek:

Kiki - that's a great way for your DH to understand the floor issue! Too funny! thanks for letting me know that too about the risers - I definitely won't be attempting 4 any more (I'm thinking platform only or 1 riser next time - it's kind of a head thing too - I am scared to trip so you know I would...) :eek: You're doing great finding workouts that work for you so you can recover - yay for you for going heavy on UB:)

Katie - Great job pushing through ME:) I suppose that is the issue with your forearms, going heavier - that would be frustrating - I saw on CatheTv that she had some pointers for someone about ways to strengthen the forearms... Let me know if you haven't seen it and I'll see if I can find it again - think I know about where it is:) (It's under the STS CatheTv episodes)

Bridget - so sorry about your ankles, the burn and the prednisone:( Hope you feel better really soon! Glad you had the day off today.

Hi Wendy:)

Have a great day everyone - I'll try to check back in later:)

Kris

Hi Girls.

Y'day's I woke up with up with continued DOMS in my upper body. My work out was mean legs and abs. Now this morning I have FULL body DOMS thanks to meaner legs (it gets me every single time!!!!) and CONTINUED upper body DOMS! YIKES!:eek:

Normally Wednesdays are my rest days but I can't work out on Friday as that's the day we fly down to FLA so I am jusst pushing through Thursday with work outs. After that, while I am away, I have no idea what I'll do or when. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can sneak atleast a few work outs in!!!!:confused:

That being said, I will work out today but no BR. I want to but I just can't. It'll hurt too much! :p Going to do a step work out today and get back to BR tmrw. I think she is posting a new work out at some point today anyway so it'll be perfect! ;)

Katie:: You should definitely give BR a try. It's free so you have nothing to lose girl!!!!

Kiki:: TBH, I couldn't be further from STS mode these days. Loved the program and definitely want to give it another go but just not yet. :( Are you totally committed to the STS plan?

Kris:: Oh boy what I wouldn't give to just be "a little stiff" right now!:eek: Glad you aren't in need of a padded toilet seat coz I'm not sharin' mine today! :p Lovin' your choice of stores to shop in while you were in Phoenix BTW! ;)

Bridget:: Feeling so bad for you....hope you are better soon! (((hugs)))

Yesterday was no upper body work, so I did the Ballet Conditioning DVD again, and JM's Yoga Meltdown. DH skipped out on his STS again, so..... :confused: yea, lol. (To his credit, he has been working later than usual, and honestly, in his position, I wouldn't do it either. I told him to wait until Fall/Winter, when his construction business is usually a bit slower. But, alas, the man does what he wants :p )

Kris: I don't remember having too much DOMS w/plyo legs either. It seems more cardio to me than anything. I mean, it's hard, don't get me wrong! :eek: But it just didn't seem to fit w/me into the whole M3 concept. So I finally purchased SRL and will probably incorporate both into my next round (perhaps doing SRL for M3 legs, and sprinkling Plyo Legs in here and there throughout the program for and extra leg/cardio day when needed) That should give me the best of both worlds, right? Or am I just a glutton? :p

Wendy: Yeah, I'll probably still be ready to go on STS by Nov. (since Oct was gonna be the S90 :confused: ). But, I understand what you mean, you're having good results, and probably don't wanna stop, plus you just finished STS recently, so do what's best for you! ;) As for me, I've been in circuit type workout mode for a while now, so it's def time for me to get on it again. Whenever I stay in excess cardio/circuit mode for too long, I get into awesome shape w/in about an 8 weeks time frame, but beyond that, it begins to give me the opposite effect. That's where I am now, going from really looking defined and "cut", to beginning to look more "skinny" (say, like Oxygen mag vs Shape, KWIM?). I begin to panic when I don't see my muscles anymore, lol. But that's the way my body type is, lol. I have to build, then cut. I can't do both at the same time, and I can't cut what's not there :eek: ROFL. Sooo....I can't stay in any one mode for more than a couple months, or I'll plateau :( . I finished STS back in April, did circuits, full body, and tons of cardio w/o's for 2 months, injured my Achilles and been hodge podging it ever since. :confused: So by the time I mess around w/the new series (which doesn't seem to be to "strength-y" :p ) I'll be more than ready, I'm sure... Plus I prefer to do STS during cooler weather months, and be done by spring (to get back to doing all the above, lol :D) ......ANYWAY, all that to say, I can't fault ya for not wanting to start back! If it ain't broke..... ;)

Hi ladies!

This morning I did HiiT 30/30 + step segment 1 from Intensity + 1/2 SM segment 2. I was feeling strong this morning....well, until I finished the Intensity step segment. Then I just laid on the floor praying I could get back up. :eek: :p I had intended on adding abs but legs felt awful tight so I decided to stretch instead. Best decision i've made yet today! :eek:

Kiki: Great mind think alike! :) You're right - my post-STS rotation has been very circuit/cardio heavy so far. Right now i'm working through Cathe's July 2010 rotation. After that I intend to play around with the new series for a month or so and then try a month of BR + 1 body part per day workouts. After that i'm going into another intense cardio/circuit routine and then BAM, time for STS round 2! Your DH works construction AND is doing STS?!?! Wow, i'm impressed! I could barely survive STS and I sit at a computer all day. Kudos to him!! :)

Wendy: I checked out several of the BR workouts you had posted the last few weeks and they look great (and VERY tough :EEK:). I originally wanted to start BR workouts sooner rather than later but looking at the workouts I quickly realized I need to buy a timer. Also, I can't afford to buy a sandbag or a ugi (I think that's what it's called) right now - do you have these pieces of equipment? If not, what do you subsitute instead? I'm already getting excited about the BR rotation i'm planning in my head! :D

Kris: OMG you would be my life saver if you could find the Cathe video you mentioned where she discusses how to strengthen your forearms. I looked for it a little bit last night but no luck (well, I didn't look that hard either :eek: ). I agree with Kiki as to the plyo leg workouts - I found them to be more cardio based and, though I really enjoyed the workouts, I didn't get the intense DOMS I experienced with Mesos 1 and 2. It's still a nice change! In the future I hope to purchase SRL (plus the tower itself) and do both the SRL and Plyo legs in Meso 3.

Bridget: How's your sunburn and ankles doing? Any better? Did you decide to switch your active recovery week to this week?

Hi Autumn! Miss you girlie!

Katie

I'm back.

I nixxed the step idea. Wasn't feelin' it. After much hemming and hawing and even starting a video and changing my mind :rolleyes:, I decided on Drill Max and was happy. I did the cardio premix but stopped one drill short of finishing it and moved on to 10 mins of jump rope cause it's my new fave now! ;)

Kiki:: Ok hold on a sec...you don't want to start S90/STS til October?? Well now that could be an entirely different story then! :p All I want is one month after I return from vacation to do another BR'y rotation and then I just might be ready to join you! ;)

Katie:: No sandbag or ugi ball here. Both are pricey. No intentions on buying a sandbag ever. I just use db's or kb's in it's place and it's no problem. As for a ugi, I want one but haven't caved yet coz of the cost. I sub in a med ball in most cases and sometimes the high step. It depends on what the ugi is used for in the work out. I have a gymboss and love it. I just bought a stop watch but was using my phone prior. No dip station-use 2 kitchen chairs for that or the tower. Again, it depends on what she's using it for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.