STS Body Rockers - November 2012

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Hi ladies!!

I started a new thread for November. I didn't workout yesterday. My stomach was upset most of the day. :confused: I'm feeling better today so I did Total Body Trisets: Upper Body this morning. Not sure what i've got planned for the rest of the week.

Wendy: Thanks for the update. It's so great to hear from you! I'm sure finding internet is tough. I'm still sending up prayers for you and yours. I know you are going through a rough time. Your dedication to fitness is so inspiring!! Once you're back on your feet you're going to get right back into the fitness/healthy eating groove. Try not to worry about it (too much) right now. Yay for heat! Has it been cold up there? Was your son able to dress up for trick or treat?

Wiggie: Excellent workouts! I love Athletic Step too. HiiT after eating? EEK!! I have to do a HiiT workout with very little in my stomach because of the whole puke factor, LOL!! :eek: Yes, Saturday was a lot of fun! :)

Hi Kris! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Hey. Posting from my phone so it may be a short one.
Got in a run today. Only my third workout since the storm hit. :( Brought my kbells to the house lsat night so I erik do my own routine with them tmrw I guess.
After the gym I took the kids (my son and a friend who has been hanging out since storm hit) to lunch at Chilis n then to the food store. I stocked up on fruit! I am going to try to pare down the bad eating a bit now that I am going to attempt to get in more work outs....wish me luck! :/ I charged up the laptop this morning. Planning to see how far it will get me thru TTM in nxt cple of days. If the battery lasts thru the wrk out then I will a few more dvds over. Guess thats all for now...can't wait for life to be normal again!!!!!

Hi gals! Today's workout was HiiT: Pyramid. Loved it! I'm also checking in from my phone so I'll BBL for personals. Don't forget to vote. :) Have a great day everyone!!

Hello Ladies.

At mom's for a bit again. Did CRF this morning as produced but with some substitutions as follows::

~subbed in my own full body kettlebell circuit for the fitness circuit. Did this because I have no db's at the house I am staying at. Only one set of bells.
~subbed in low impact cardio tabata for plyo tabata. Did this because I didn't feel like jumping anymore. :p
~did my own short ab routine instead of the bonus core routine. Did this because I didn't have the DB's again.

Everything else was done as produced.

I charged up my DH's lap top last night while the generator was running so I could do it! Worked out fine.

Was just at my house grabbing more stuff so I grabbed 2 kettlebell dvds, 2 yoga dvds, Tony Horton's one on one road warrior work out dvd, and 1 insanity dvd as well as my yoga mat, jump rope and tubing. That along with the other stuff at the house already should make for some decent work outs for a bit...

Katie, Since the storm hit the temps have been dropping so it's pretty cold! Thankfully the house we are staying in has part time heat b/c it's hooked up to the generator so it could be worse! I am worried about our house though. If it gets TOO COLD we could end up with frozen and bursting pipes and then the damage to the interior that the hurricane flooding did NOT do will be done by the water coming from the pipes!!!!:eek::eek::eek: My son got to dress up for Halloween and go Trunk Or Treating with a couple of friends in my mom's town. They filled a commuter lot with volunteers who decorated thier car trunks and the kids went car to car to get candy. It was cute. They were happy. :) It was soooooo COLD though! We didn't stay very long!!!!!:eek:

Hello to everyone else! Sorry for being stingy with personals right now. When I get into a better situation I will get back on track, I promise!:)

Ciao for now!:cool:

Morning.

Today's workout was Bootcamp (Intensity series). I stayed up way to late last night watching election results , and am dragging this morning. I thought about skipping my workout, but decided last minute to be a trooper and just get it done! :)

Wendy: So great to hear from you!! I'm glad you are still hanging in there. I hope this next storm doesn't prove troublesome for you. :confused: Is there anything I can send you that would help? Blankets? Bottled water? Extra batteries? If so, please don't hesitate a second to ask. Yay for getting more workout equipment!!! :) I'm impressed you've snuck in a few workouts lately. Any word on when you will be able to go home? I'm so very glad your son got to (kinda) experience Halloween. Trunk and Treat is big around here these days; the kids love it!

Hello All!!

Monday's workout was 30 minutes of Spinervals, Tuesday ended up being an unplanned rest day. I'm not sure what I'll be doing today.

Wendy, ditto on what Katie said, I'll be happy to help you any way I can. It's cold here too, hope you are still keeping warm. Great workouts by the way, especially with what you're dealing with. Glad the kids were able to go trick or treating, so important for them to have some sense of normalcy right now. Is normalcy a word? :eek:

Katie, worked out even with lack of sleep, WTG!!

Good Morning!:)

Thank you sooo much Katie and Wiggie for offering to send supplies my way. Soooo sweet!:):):) Also unecessary as we got power back last night where we are staying....in the middle of the friggin' nor' easter!!! I don't get it :confused: but I'll definitely take it! :D LOL As of last night we still had no power at our house though. :(

Y'day late afternoon I did the kickboxing portion of Absolute Kickboxing by Kimberly Spreen wearing weighted gloves. It was fun! Hadn't done one of her work outs in quite a while!

This morning I was supposed to go to an reemployment seminar at 9am held at a college campus but the college is closed due to the weather so I don't have to go. YAY!

Not sure what work out I will do today but hoping to add some yoga to it too! I must be stiff as a board by now!!!:(

That's all for now but I promise to get back here later for personals after my work out!:cool:

Hi ladies,

Today's workout was Step Moves + a wee bit of core. I was not feeling my workout this morning. :eek: I barely worked up a sweat! I've been struggling lately with my workouts. I'm not sure what my problem is at the moment. :confused:

Wiggie: Nice job with Spinervals! I've been having several unplanned rest days lately. Hope you enjoyed yours! How's WW going? Still on track to be a lifetime member?

Wendy: YAY for power!!!!! I'm sure that's a huge relief, especially in light of the nor' easter. I can't believe your neck of the woods is getting hit with that right now. Insane!! I just googled the kickboxing workout you did yesterday and it looks like loads of fun! WTG!!!!

Hi there!! ;)

Wednesday's workout was a dvd from Chalene Extreme called Burn It Off. It's 30 minutes long & has mostly plyo moves. I like it.

Katie, I did enjoy it, I don't take rest days like I should. I guess I can be a little obsessive about that. WW is going well, thanks for asking. In fact I lost this week. I only have 2 more weeks of maintenance!! :D I know how it is when you're not exactly feeling a workout, I have started 3 or 4 different dvds trying to find the right one!! :p

Wendy, so glad you've got power where you are, hopefully your house will have power soon. You are handling your situation very well, so proud of you!! I don't know if I would do as well. I'm going to have to google AK also. I love kickboxing.

Good Morning. :)

Y'day's work out was Lauren Brook's 40m Kbell work out. I wanted to do yoga but ran out of time so I'll do some today for sure!

Well the good news is that the power went back on at my house at some point between Wednesday night and y'day morning :D but the bad news is that we can't move back in until we get the house inspected to make sure it's safe. :( The town left a notice on our door telling us this but didn't give us a name, phone # or anything so now I have to call them to try and find out who is supposed to look at it. :rolleyes:

Wiggie:: Nice job with the CLX work out. I just sold that set on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I'll be replacing it with The Asylum at some point. I am going to have to go back on WW by the time this whole storm fiasco is over with and we are living at home again. I can already tell I've gained a few pounds. I can see it in my belly. UGH. :(

Katie:: Yep, that kb work out is a goody! See if it's on netflix and give it a try! :) Sorry you are in a work out slump. Are you following a rotation? Maybe you need to ditch it and just do what appeals to you until for a while...

So did we completely lose Bridget??

BBL!:cool:

Hello!! :)

Thursday's workout was Burn #1 from CLX. I am going to try & do her rotation, just to do something different. I have always found some of the moves a little, let's say unusual. I do feel them in the right places though. We'll see how it goes, you know me & rotations!! :eek:

Wendy, sorry you can't move back right away. I hope your home wasn't damaged. Great job with lauren brooks. Don't worry about those few pounds, you know you'll have no problem getting rid of them. You have to go to WW meetings for that job anyway, so now you can get your lifetime. :) I think we have lost Bridget. :(

Katie hope your slump passes quickly!! :)

I'm back! My work out is done. :D

I did the Express Circuit Premix from Cardio Core Circuit and Open Up and Warm Up from Kundalini Total Tune Up. Total time was just over an hour. :)

Wiggie:: I got a response rather quickly that WW didn't have availability for me at this time so no job there. Oh well. :rolleyes: Have fun with the CLX rotation. I remember I was 2 weeks away from completing it when I got the one and only sinus infection I have ever had in my life. It took me down for two weeks!!! By the time I was back to working out reglarly I had lost interest in finishing the rotation. I was soooo close too! :eek::mad:

Good morning everyone,

I haven't been doing any video workouts lately - I have been doing my jog/walk mixes though - I feel like a slacker, sorry I haven't been checking in though. My husband was here through last weekend - we went golfing while he was here, it was fun, hadn't done that in a while:) He's now in California, I'm going to drive over there tomorrow until Monday - it's about 3 hour drive from here.

Wendy - Oh my gosh, I'm so inspired by you!!! With everything you're going through you're still getting awesome workouts in!! Hope you can get back in your house soon, that must have been so scary. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything too. Love the trunk or treating that your son got to do:)

Katie - Great job getting through Step Moves, way to go getting it done even though you weren't feeling it - I need to learn from you too!

Wiggie - You've been getting in some great workouts too! Way to go! What is CLX? Sounds like a good rotation!

Have a great day everyone, I'll be better with check ins, I've got to get my butt moving again. I am really looking forward to the new series coming out - that's just what I need I think to remotivate myself - hopefully they finish them soon.

Kris

Good Evening. :)

Better late then never!:p

No work out today. Had class from 9am to 5pm. Came home and went out to dinner (third night in a row!:eek:) and now we are ready to head out to a bar for drinks and dancing in just a bit.

Tomorrow I am going to start my SS rotation but I may opt to start it with an intense cardio instead of an SS work out. It depends on how "fat" I feel tmrw! :rolleyes::eek:

Well I thought that because Sandy cancelled our class last saturday that we'd have a make up class. Hah. No such luck! The instructor "crammed" all of the info into one class today so our test is a week from today and I didn't study AT ALL since Sandy hit!:eek::eek::eek: I have my work cut out for me this week! Thank goodness I'm unemployed so I'll have the time to catch up! LOL :p

Ok, DH is ready to go so I gotta skeedaddle!

BBITAM!:cool:

Hi ladies!

Sorry I was MIA this weekend. I've decided to do a Slow and Heavy/Gym Styles rotation (alternating weeks). This week is SH. I started Saturday with Biceps and Tris. I really enjoyed the workout, and matched Cathe's weight which always makes me happy. I skipped my workout yesterday (oops). Today's workout was Back and Chest. Geez. Cathe tried to hurt me I swear, lol!

I'm checking in via my phone so I'll stop back later for personals. Have a great day!!!

Good Morning. :)

Sorry I was MIA y'day. It was a baaaad day....:(

I guess the drinks I had Saturday night, though my standard fare, did not agree with me b/c I had a whopping hang over that included nausea and vomiting for several hours. It was quite odd for me. IDK what was up!:confused: Anyway, when the nausea finally subsided enough around 2pm, I was able lay down and take a nap. I woke at 4pm and felt much better. My stomach was still a bit funny but I was able to eat and act like a human being for the rest of the evening. Anyway, shortly after I woke up I was cooking dinner and then we watched a couple of movies and before you know I was back in bed to sleep again! LOL...Needless to say, I did not work out y'day. :rolleyes:

So today will be either an SS work out or cardio depending on my mood.
I have an appointment at noon and we are going to my mil's in the late afternoon for dinner so I'm not quite sure when I'll squeeze it in but I will!:)

Ok, that's all for now but BBL!:cool:

Hello!!

Friday's workout was Burn Intervals & Fire 30, Saturday's was Burn II, Sunday's was Fire 30 twice & Monday's was Cardio Strength followed by HIIT 15 & Fire EZ later that day.

Wendy, glad you're feeling better!! What is SS?

Kris, glad you & Hubby are enjoying each other. CLX stands for Chalean Extreme, it is a weight program by Chalene Johnson.

Katie, Cathe makes a living trying to hurt us & we keep asking for more!! :p

"See" you tomorrow!! :D

Last edited:
Good Morning.

Up with the chickens (or maybe just with the "real world" :p) this morning b/c I have to drop my son off at school and then go TO WORK!:eek: At the last minute a temporary office job fell in my lap! I start at 8am today!:eek::eek::eek: Not sure when I'll get a work out in now coz IDT think I work out super early here I used to at home so I may have to figure something else out. I dread after dinner work outs but it may be all I have for a while...:confused:

I was counting on having tons of time to study for my PT exam this week. Now that this job came along, that won't happen. It's stressing me out. I slept awful last night b/c of it. :(

Y'day's work out was Tone it Up from the Slim Series. Today will be cardio or yoga...whenever I get to it...

Gotta scram....BBL!:cool:

Good morning!!

Wendy, congrats on the new job!! Take a deep breath & know you can do this. You are going to do great on your exam, try not to worry, you'll think better if you are well rested. I know easier said than done. :p Do you like Slim Series? How's the music?

Have a great day!!

Morning!

I'm back in the office this morning (and back at a computer) so I can finally catch up with you wonderful ladies. :) Today's workout was 4DS: BC/KB Cardio Power Premix. Overall, two thumbs up!!

Wendy: CONGRATS on the job!! That's so very exciting. Have a wonderful first day! I hate after dinner workouts too. Maybe take it easy this week, try to fit in an after dinner workout here and there, and then maybe next week you can revert back to your early morning workouts. I'm glad you're feeling better. I suffered from the same "ailment" last Sunday, so I understand exactly how you felt. :D:eek::p It happens! ;) BTW - just seeing the words "cardio core circuit" makes my belly hurt, lol! :eek::p I agree with Wiggie, you're going to rock your exam!! You know this stuff; it's already in your head. Today go ahead and schedule out time this week just to study. Even if that means taking the week off from exercise (or doing short workouts), so be it!! You've got this girl.

Kris: Great to hear from you!! I was starting to get worried about your girlie. As long as you are still meeting your fitness/healthy goals and are enjoying your walk/runs I see no problem with putting away the fitness videos for awhile. Maybe your body is enjoying the change of pace. High five on spending good quality time with your DH!!! I hope you had a safe trip to California!

Wiggie: Excellent workouts this past weekend! I LOL at your comment re: Cathe trying to hurt us because you are so absolutely right! I feel like jello at the end of most of her workouts, and yet here I am at 5:30 am the next morning popping in another workout. It makes me question my mental health. :p;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.