STS Body Rockers (formerly STS New Years Challengers :) - Week of June 26th

itsup2me

Cathlete
Starting the new thread for the new week:)

I did Cardio Fusion - Mixed cardio premix this a.m. and then AC - Medicine ball. My work/travel plans got sorted out, so I get to go back to closer to my original STS workout plan - will do Disc 11 tomorrow instead of back to back with Disc 10 (which I did yesterday). Worked it out so I can get 5 cardio workouts in too this week before my recovery week:)

Katie - I am inspired by your Terminator domination! I have that dvd, but haven't ever tried it :eek: Great workouts! Way to go:) I hope you have a fabulous vacation! Enjoy your recovery week!

Bridget - have a great trip:)

Tracy - great job on your workouts too! I know what you mean about not having friends who are into exercise... Wish I did too, would make it easier to stay motivated. We've got our little group here though, and there is so much inspiration, that makes it easier:)

Oh, also Katie - too funny your DHs comment - my own DH would say something like that too:)

Hi Wendy, Kiki, Autumn, Jen and Melanie - hope you're all doing well!

Hey Ladies! :D

I'm here! I'm alive! Headache extravaganza is over (I hope :eek: ) . OMG! That migraine lasted around 3 days (actually pretty typical for me - when they come, they come STRONG!). It took ABSOLUTELY everything outta me, and I spent the next few days (and most likely today :rolleyes: ) trying to recoup and catch up on everything that I did not get done. So not cool, especially when we're supposed to be getting ready to leave for our vaca in a few days. I can't even begin to try to catch up on personals right now, hopefully I can pop back in later today when/if I come up for air. Today is DS b-day (14), DH and I took him out to eat/shop last night, and he's got some buddies coming over today, so I'm gonna try to get the house picked up and get some food in the house (teen boys :rolleyes: ) before they get here. Once they're all here, they pretty much entertain themselves, so I'm hoping to catch a couple minutes then (but it may be spent packing, doing laundry, working out, or some other random thing that I didn't do while being immobilized for half the stinkin week!) We're not doing anything special for his b-day today (I mean, we are going to Disney in a couple days! :p ), so at least there's no stress there ;) I have no idea how I'm going to get everything done (past, present, and future!) before we leave, but I honestly think I stressed more about the workouts that I was missing out on than anything! :p LOL Like Autumn, I hoped to be a bit more at my peak physical condition, and I gotta admit that laying around ALL day for 3 days did not help me to accomplish that (and neither did those Dark Chocolate Reese's that had been sitting in the freezer :eek: - man I'd been so good about leaving them alone, but I tell you a woman in pain is unpredictable :rolleyes: ) .

I did manage to get in a few w/o's though, so I guess I'll report those. Idk where I left off but here's last week's w/o's:

*Stretch Max (pretty much everyday, trying to relax as much as possible)
*MMA Boxing (would you believe that DH actually came down, saw that there were guys on it and joined me?! :eek: He actually loved it, has done it again on his own since, and has kinda claimed it as his now :confused: )
*Boot Camp
*Step Blast
*Imax 3 (again! and I still stink! :p )

Some of those were done on the same day :eek: trying to play catch up, lol. Today I'm gonna do (aka "watch /rewind multiple times") 4DS-HIS step segment (yeah I know, I'm a glutton for punishment :rolleyes: ) and the weight segment (shoulders, calves, abs) from 4DS-LIS in the AM. And I'm gonna try to fit in another short cardio/ab w/o tonight (fingers crossed that it'll actually happen), probably JM 6 week 6 pack.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, ladies! BBL (hopefully) to check-in.

Last edited:
Good Morning.

Welcome back Kiki! ;)

This morning's work out was a kickbox mish mosh:
CTX K/B warm up + arm drills
CK power drills
KPC hi intensity drills
KM blasts + stretch

I wore weighted gloves from the arm drills thru the hi intensity drills. Killer work out! :eek::D

I don't recall if I posted y'day's work out or not so forgive me if I am repeating myself:

STS M3 W3 D31 (Chest and Back)
4DS HIS combo and blast #3 repeated 3x
Ab Circuits Weights and Plates-weighted segment only

That's all I can post right now but I'll be back! :cool:

Hi ladies!

Well, we made it to Florida! Yesterday was a loooong day in the car. Thank goodness that's over! ;) :) Today everyone took off to enjoy various activities but I decided to stay behind with my 10 month old nephew (he's currently napping). I'm honestly enjoying a little quiet time to myself. Plus it gave me a chance to sneak in AC - pilates based abs and a 20 minute yoga routine! When DH gets back from the beach/pool we are going fishing - hopefully we will catch something for dinner! :eek:

Great workouts Kris, Wendy, and Kiki!

Kiki: So glad to hear you survived your migraine extravaganza! We were all worried about you!

Talk to everyone soon!

Katie

OH, quick question! Does anyone have an easy and delicious dip recipe for raw vegetables? The eating down here is off the hook, so i'm thinking about running to the grocery store to pick up cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, etc. just to munch on instead of chips, cookies, etc. I'm hoping if I make a nice dip I can persuade others to join me in my veggie movement. Any ideas?

Thanks a million!!!!!!

OH, quick question! Does anyone have an easy and delicious dip recipe for raw vegetables? The eating down here is off the hook, so i'm thinking about running to the grocery store to pick up cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, etc. just to munch on instead of chips, cookies, etc. I'm hoping if I make a nice dip I can persuade others to join me in my veggie movement. Any ideas?

Thanks a million!!!!!!

Unfortunately I don't have a dip suggestion for you but IKWYM about vacation eats. Horrid isn't it!? LOL I always inject healthy stuff into the vacation food shopping trips we do where we stay in a house/condo situation. If not, I would gain 10# in one week! :eek: As it is I still manage to put on tons of bloat so imagine if I didn't do anything at all to try and curb it!? YIKES! I dread eating at the parks in Disney this summer. I hope we can make it back to the house for most of our lunches!!!

Last edited:
Katie: I do the same as Wendy, we always book a place w/a fridge & preferably a microwave when we go on vaca. And the first stop we make after check in is to a local Trader Joes or something (or Walmart when we do the big beach house like y'all) & stock up on what we SHOULD be eating, lol. I make sure to grab lots of quick healthy snacks, too. In the end it really just compensates for all the OTHER crap I end up eating :p. But I guess anything is better than nothing, right?

Anyway, maybe you can just grab one of those ranch dip seasoning packs and use 0% plain Greek yogurt in lieu of the sour cream? That might be easier than buying all the seasonings needed to make it yourself (especially since its seasonings you probably have at home already), plus it will give it a more familiar taste for everyone ;)

Hey Kiki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am having an idea regarding S90 we are supposed to do...um...how about we do it for 1 month in place of STS M1 and then take an active recovery week and then pick up with STS M2 & M3 as done in the 3.5 month rotation? :) Sorry, but I'm not even done yet and already having attacks about losing my gains if I stay away too long! :eek::(:rolleyes:

Lol! I hear you! You must be reading my mind! I've been messing around w/the workout calendar trying to figure out how to pack in as much heavy weight/lower-mid rep stuff as I could, because the thought of the whole "90days" part of S90 was freaking me out about losing muscle. I'm already itching to get back to it (STS), because....well, I just look so much better when I do! Rofl. I've already been doing circuits since I finished STS (almost 2 months now), and I'll probably go to a S&H / 4DS type rotation after the road trip for that exact reason. I'm already gettin too "soft" from my high cardio/weights ratio.

Sooooo, all that to say....I'm down!

I miss my muscles :(

Katie: a super easy dip recipe is lo-fat or no-fat sour cream with a package of dry Hidden Valley Dressing mix. I think it is great with veggies...

checking in late again today....no weights this week since this is recovery week... so instead DH and I did a 50 mile ride in 3hr38m:p:eek: It was great...we went on the Ironhorse Trail which is an old Railroad line they converted to a trail

Iron Horse Regional Trail | East Bay Regional Park District

in case anyone wants to see it...

Gotta go take a shower, once again ...I reek! Then I am going to EAT! BBL for personals except....KIKI glad you are not in the hospital ...missed you.
I really was concerned.

I couldn't take it- I broke down and bought some sneakers so I could go to the Y near my mother's house- they changed the schedule by the time I arrived, and there was no more spinning class, so I did a boot camp class, and held my own. Left for CT at 9am with my dd, and arrived home before 5. Tired, returning to work tomorrow, plan on doing STS4 tomorrow morning.

So who is going on the RT to Disney??

Autumn- I just finished Nurse Practitioner school- I take my boards on 7/14, and start my new job on 7/25. I've been a nurse for 21 years, and am very good at it, but this is an entirely new role for me, like I'm returning to being a novice again, and am a bit nervous.

Wendy- I love Disney! Splash Mountain is my favorite...

Kiki- so glad you're back and feeling better!

Melanie- enjoy my town- I look forward to hearing your impressions when you return

Hello Kris, Katie & Tracy!

Bridget

Hi there! I did Disk 11 this a.m. - felt like the weights were just right:) It really went fast. Included the Extended stretch too:)

Question for you STS veterans - I originally thought that my Recovery week should be lighter workouts (and without weights), but am now thinking about Cardio - as long as it doesn't include weights, is it ok (or good?) to do more intense cardio? What gets you your best results? :)

Kiki!
So glad you're ok - we were worried - glad your headache is better! (I have 2 Dark Chocolate Reeses in "my" drawer of the fridge right now... I couldn't resist buying them, but haven't tried them yet - soon though, soon:) Great workouts too - even while you're hurting, great job!

Bridget - that's awesome that you're going to be a NP - I'm an RN too:) Your workout sounds great :)

Wendy
- Great workouts for you again too!

Katie - I have to second the hidden valley mix with fat free sour cream:) Yum! (though sometimes I go for the light sour cream vs fat free...) I also like some of the Knorr mixes (probably in the same area as the Hidden valley - maybe though by the Soup mixes)

Tracy - Great job on the bike ride! Wow! That maybe answers my cardio on recovery week question... :)

Hello to Autumn, Melanie and Jen:) Hope you're all doing good!

Kris

Good Morning,

Sorry for my lack of personals these past few days. I'll do better today. I promise! :)

So I think my poor quads are finally recovered from the wrath of Zuzanna but I'm not going to brutalize them quite yet with STS ;) so I will do Disc 33 (SBT) this morning instead. :)

Kris:: Great job with your STS work out yesterday! For my active recoveries I basically do cardio and abs. I will do light weight work here and there in a circuit on occassion but that's as far as I go with that. As for cardo it's no hold barred! Intensity is great to do when your muscles aren't exhausted from heavy weight training! ;) So hey could you do me a HUGE favor!? I believe you were the one who posted that crock pot taco chicken type recipe here a while ago right? Well could maybe repost it for me? I just bought taco season at the store as I was thinking of that recipe but I have no idea how far back to go to find it! :( Thanks! Yes, I should have written it down the first time but alas, I did not! Sorry!:eek:

Bridget::
I couldn't take it- I broke down and bought some sneakers so I could go to the Y near my mother's house-
Sounds EXACTLY like something that I would do! :D

Tracy:: Holy cow girl you are really jumping into riding with both feet! That's awesome! Good for you!:)

Kiki:: Somehow I knew you would understand! ;) Ok so tentive start date is still the same cause I still have a date with Body Rock first-sorry but I GOTTA do it! :D

K, off like a dirty shirt if I wanna get my work out done!

BBL:cool:

OK ladies, so yesterday's 4DS-HIS went as wonderful as I'd hoped :rolleyes: , so I decided to also do the LIS as well, in order to actually get in a workout (and to gain at least a tiny amount of my self confidence back, lol :eek: ) So I actually could've just done the double cardio premix, but it worked out since I'd planned on doing the shoulder part of LIS anyway. Didn't get in that extra core/ab work :mad: , as DS's friends were here ALL NIGHT LONG, and they kinda had my w/o area invaded :rolleyes: . Oh well, today's a new day, so I'll go for it tonight and hope for the best. Today's AM w/o is CTX-AS (seriously, why am I doing this again? :confused: ).

Bridget: I feel you, and probably would have done the same. Hey, at least you got some new shoes outta the deal, right?! How'd disc 4 go? Even more smoothly than disc 1, I hope ;) . As far as the RT, I think it's just me and Autumn that are going. It just so happens that EVERYONE is taking their vaca's in FL this year, lol. I know Kristin just went a couple months ago, Katie's there now, and Wendy's going in like a month! Too bad we couldn't have all planned it out to go at the same time, we could've ROCKED FL! ;) :cool:

Tracy: Woman, you are GETTIN IT on that bike! You go girl! I'm sure your DH is thrilled, and probably mad he didn't think of it sooner. You're getting me jealous of all this "active togetherness" w/you DH :eek: . I love it! (BTW, Did you read what I said about him doing the MMA Boxing, it was freakin H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S, he was flailing like a madman! OMG! :eek: I kept the giggles stifled, though, didn't wanna discourage him, it was too cute :p )

Katie: I hope you're having a great time! We are driving to FL too (we leave Thurs), so I know what you mean about that loooong car ride. I'm not looking forward to it.... :confused:

Kris: Disc 11? Wow, you're almost done w/M1 already?! :eek: As for recovery weeks, I typically focus on cardio, abs, & stretching. My intensity levels vary, but I do try to keep it fun, so I may go bike riding, kickboxing, elliptical, etc. Or just abs and stretching on some days. I didn't find that it mattered as much during the break between M1&2, but I do know that on my next STS rotation, I will rest a bit more between M2&3. The last 2 times I pushed myself a bit too much during that time, and never really "recovered", and ended up injuring myself and having to postpone the start of M3. Next time, I will do much lower impact cardio (i.e. no Hiit's :rolleyes:, what was I thinking, Hiit's before starting Plyo legs?! Knees were DONE :p), and have more emphasis on the stretching/recovery aspect, to try to combat this. M3 is actually my fave meso, but the w/o's are LONG, and I am lifting HEAVY- and I now see that my body needs to prepare for that. So...that would be my only advice, and you can take it w/a grain of salt :p, because I'm sure different people have different experiences.

Wendy: Yep, I'm loving the idea, we get the best of both worlds ;). And the time frame is good for me, because like I said, I'm coming out of a pretty heavy cardio & circuit rotation now, and although it's been good while it lasted - I'm ready for some heavy weights for a while. I pretty much got my S&H/4DS rotation figured out, and by the time I finish that, the circuit w/o's of S90 will be welcome again ;) I love it! :eek:

Hello again.

D33 SBT is done as well as 100 bicycle crunches (50 per side). :) I didn't have time for a full ab routine but wanted to squeeze SOMETHING in since I didn't do abs y'day either. :eek:

Kiki:: We will just have to check out the S90 rotation because IIRC it doesn't necessarily hit every body part every month and that's not good if you don't plan on completing the entire rotation. :confused: We got time though--we'll work it all out! ;)

Katie:: The bicycle crunch is the RIGHT name for the butterfly crunch! It came to me on the way to work today! LOL

Last edited:
Wendy: yea, we'll have to look at it again, and see, but IIRC I think the first month, each week was something like Chest/back, legs, shoulder/arms w/cardio on in between days? Or like the first 3 weeks was that schedule, and then it went to total body w/o's the last week? idk, but we'll def need to work that out, so we're not all imbalanced, lol.

Kiki:: I was already thinking of what other cardio(s) I might want to add to S90 cause I KNOW what's in the rotation will NOT be enough! :p

Good morning. I felt like I was still recovering from the 50 mi. yesterday, so I just did Hiit 30/30 to get something going. I also did my 7 wks to 100 push ups...I just could NOT drop that this week. Today I did 79 push ups in 5 intervals. I won't lift weights though...not touching them:rolleyes::(:)
then I made some egg beaters scrambled eggs with fresh spinach in corn tortillas...yummm!

kiki: DS' friends all nite? Oy,,,that always makes me tired when my girls have their friends overnite....:confused: the story about your DH is so funny and cute....I love it!

bridget: what sneaks did you get girl? I am nosy!

fit mommy: zuzanna is brutal...but in a good way...I am sure you agree...I still have only done one of her full workouts and it was tough. you are in great shape to consistently do her stuff!:)

kris: disk 11 already!! Hasn't it gone quickly? The recovery weeks really are great...they have given me the chance to focus solely on cardio for the most part, which is a very nice change. I don't know if anyone takes it totally off from exercise...that is not something for me :D. I sometimes wonder if I need my workouts more for my body or my mind...(mental health :p:eek:)

Well, I ordered STS squat rack to take advantage of the 30 % off, since I got the STS tower this month. I have seriously spent wayyy too much money this month on my fitness stuff. :eek::confused:

have a great day all... I have an empty house this week:D (my oldest two have been out of the house for a year...) and my 12 year old is at camp this week and my 10 year old is with my sister...it is so quiet...and nice....I am enjoying some nice repose...just hanging out. However, I am babysitting my MIL's cocker spaniel :mad::(. I love MIL,but do not like the dog...poor thing is an overweight oaf...so while he is here, he is on a diet and gets walked. She gives him wet food AND dry and rarely walks him. He drools and slobbers and piddles when he gets excited all over the place so he spends most the day looking at me from outside at the back slider window, because I just don't want to deal with it. he really is odious. I guess life can't be completely perfect, it wouldn't be interesting then! :D

Tracy:: You are doing a great job with those push ups! Alone time at home for mom? Good for you! Gotta appreciate that time cause it doesn't come around all that often! TY re the BR work outs and speaking of which-I have to find one to do this week. My sore quads messed up my plan so I have to find a BR that does NOT focus on legs! The one I had picked I believe was swings (she does them with a sandbag. I would do them with a kettlebell) intervalled with some other form of cardio. Swings are a huge leg work out for me (as they should be) and considering I still have to get STS legs done too, I don't think that's going to work at this point. :rolleyes: My original plan was based on doing STS Legs y'day but THAT wasn't happening! :eek: LOL OMG too funny about your MIL's dog. I have the cutest and goofiest image of this dog in my mind now! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.