STS benefical if you need to lose?

mlj83081

Cathlete
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.....I have recently lost somewhere around 20lbs...am currently 5'5 and 178 lbs. While i am losing i'm concerned that once the weight is gone i'll still be quite flabby. I am using weights but not at the intensity of STS. I have read the success stories w/ the program but most seem to be individuals who were quite small to begin with. Most saying they've gained inches in their biceps and what not.
I guess what i'm getting at is i want to continue to lose....but i would love a strong muscular body underneath when i reach my goal. Wondering if STS is still something that would be worth investing in and adding in conjunction w/ healthy eating and cardio on the off days.
Thank you ahead of time for any help you may be able to give :D

Yes! YES! YES! Invest away! I have lost 20 lbs on the STS 3.5 month rotation with cardio. I was in a huge slump and had almost given up. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. BTW, I also have my DH as a workout partner and we cleaned up our diets significantly. We are on week 3 of our second rotation and trust me, it will ALWAYS be a challenge! Good luck to you and HTH! :)

Definitely!

I did the 3-month rotation and dropped 3 sizes (didn't clean up my eating as much as I could have, to be honest). I don't know about pounds, but the change in size was really noticeable. And now you can actually see some of the muscles that I have been working on. I still have some weight left to lose (another 2 sizes or so) but STS definitely helped.

Wow great to hear.......:D i definitely don't just want to be a smaller shapeless version of myself!

hi there, i lost 12 lbs since march when i started STS. i'm almost done the series and will be doing it again when i'm done, i love it! i hit a plateau after my son was born and really needed to do something different with weightlifting. STS was it! i run 4-5 days a week and do STS 3 days a week. i lost 12 lbs, went down 2 pants sizes, gained serious muscle, and i'm lifting heavier than i ever have in my life. yay STS! go for it!

hi there, i lost 12 lbs since march when i started STS. i'm almost done the series and will be doing it again when i'm done, i love it! i hit a plateau after my son was born and really needed to do something different with weightlifting. STS was it! i run 4-5 days a week and do STS 3 days a week. i lost 12 lbs, went down 2 pants sizes, gained serious muscle, and i'm lifting heavier than i ever have in my life. yay STS! go for it!

how long/far are your runs? just curious b/c i like to incorporate more cardio in my routine.

During my rotation of STS, I did running as my cardio. I did 2 days on the treadmill working with inclines/speed/tempo and then 1 outdoor run to train for a 10K....so I was running 3-6 miles each cardio routine. I ran my 1st 10K the weekend before my last week of meso2 and I did it in 58:02....my goal was 60 mins, so I was happy. I'm not a very fast runner, still working at it....and I saw changes during STS even though I didn't lose much weight, but that was my fault for not being consistant with my healthy eating. It's a daily struggle, but I'm working on it...I still have 30 pounds to lose and I'm doing WW and Cathe videos with running. I plan to do STS again either later in the year, or first of next year, but I'm waiting on the tower and deciding if I want to do a 1/2 marathon or not.....

how long/far are your runs? just curious b/c i like to incorporate more cardio in my routine.

hi there, during my weekday runs i run 5-milers, sometimes 6 and weekends i go longer, 8 or more. i'm not in training anymore (i retired from racing when i had my son in 2007) so i run strictly for pleasure and fitness.

For those of you who lost weight and gained muscle, what was your calorie intake like? Did you have a calorie deficit...if so by how much?

MLJ83081 - congrats on the 20lbs weight loss!

From my experience w/STS - I would say STS is far worth the investment.. it really is like having your own personal trainer!

I'm far from small - (size 24 at the start) and began the program in May and have since lost 40lbs (am now a loose 18, tight 16) and feel profoundly better than I did in May. I do supplement the program with cardio and eating balanced/healthy as often as I can (am also counting calories and average between 1400-1500/day)

I'm confident you would have no regrets if you decided to invest in STS..! I love it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.