STS and vacation

eaglobo

Cathlete
OK, a hypothetical question here.....

Say STS ships, and we have it in our hands by mid-October. I have a vaction during the first two weeks of November. Would I be better off waiting to begin my STS until after my vacation, or begin right away, and just pick up where I left off when I get home.

Another way of putting it...Would I be wrong to say that for optimal results, I should be ready to devote 3 uninterrupted months to STS?

I've pondered this same question because DH and I have a trip coming up in the fall. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to wait until I have 3 uninterrupted months. In the meantime, I might try out the STS-like rotation that someone put together with Cathe's vast, current library. :D :D :D

Excellent question, Jerry. I have the same general question as I have 2 1 week vacations in October (with a week between). I really want to start STS with my buddies, but also want to maximize my benefits!

April

I had another thought.
Let's say I begin a rotation the first week of November. I will be doing this program throughout the holiday months when my food intake is not as clean. How can I accurately gauge the progress of the program?

Has anyone else thought about that??:7

Yes, for optimal results you should do STS the way it has been designed, but this certainly may not be practical for many people.

Injuries, family emergencies, vacations, holidays, illness, work and unexpected visits from friends and family are just some of things that can interrupt even the best planned workout programs. Just remember to do the best you can and enjoy your time off.

Even Olympic athletes have to take unexpected time off. Just don’t fall into the “All or Nothing” crowd where if you miss a few days or weeks you feel that it is pointless to continue your workout program.

Also, STS has scheduled one-week breaks after Mesocycle #1 and Mesocycle #2. You can always move these breaks to fit your vacation schedule. Though it may be preferred to take the breaks at the end of each mesocycle feel free to take them at a different time to fit your lifestyle. Just do the best you can and adjust the STS program as is needed to fit your individual circumstances.

I was wondering the same thing because I will most likely be moving overseas right around Oct/Nov and will be without my equipment for probably 4-6 weeks! :(

I guess I'll wait until we are settled to get started but that's such a bummer to me. I want to start it with the rotation!

angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.