STS and TDEE calculation

jenb69_1999

Hi,
When you use the workout manager, you have to input your activity level to obtain a TDEE calculation. When doing STS (or any of Cathe's rotations) do you consider yourself moderately active or very active? I am curious to hear your opinions....

I haven't done STS yet, but I am working on a Hardcore rotation at the moment.

With all of Cathe's Advanced Strength DVDs, I personally consider those to be very active. Maybe I am wrong, but since I find myself grunting and screaming at the Tv often (great DVDs- man can they kick some boo-tay), for me, it's quite the workout!

I guess to compare I consider a workout like what The Firm offers as moderate with regards to strength. Cathe is quite advanced and STS I am sure is the top of the line in the Cathe Friedrich Library.

Just my opinion on that topic. :)

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your opinion! I agree that STS (and the hardcore series) are especially grunt-worthy! I'v been doing Cathe workouts for almost a year now. Last week, I tried one of Jillian Michaels "6 week, 6 pack abs" workout since it was free on exercise tv (on demand) and after was thinking to myself...."not so tough". So, I guess that would be a more moderate workout in intensity (and length of time). I haven't tried any of the Firm workouts.

I will try considering myself "very active" when I calculate my TDEE. I definitely do not want to under eat when doing STS.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.