STS and muscle growth

str8shooter

Cathlete
I know I should just do a STS rotation to see what happens but I’m curious how many of you have actually built muscle doing STS. I understand diet plays a role in this. I’m used to doing other rotations where you do more like 5-6 days of lifting, like Nicole Wilkin’s written workouts.

My post today on FB about my STS journey.

Only my Catheletes would understand this. I am so excited to say, I finally completed the Cathe STS program. I did my last workout this morning. I started back in May and originally planned to do the 3 month cycle. After the first week I fell in love and decided to do the 6 month rotation. I only had one non workout related injury. The rest week before starting Mesocycle 3, I stepped off the curb and jarred my back. I was down for that week and 2 weeks after. Other than that it was smooth sailing. When I started I was in the weight range that I wanted, so I was not concerned about losing weight, which I didnt. I maintained the whole time, but I went from a size 8 to a size 6. I will be 49 on the 10th and I am just overwhelmed with joy.

I am going to do an active rest week then start Strong & Sweaty.

My love of Cathe started way back when, with the Wedding workout. I still have the VHS tape, YUP.

I will be happy to answer questions if any of you peeps have questions.

ETA, I am 5' 9.5"

My post today on FB about my STS journey.

Only my Catheletes would understand this. I am so excited to say, I finally completed the Cathe STS program. I did my last workout this morning. I started back in May and originally planned to do the 3 month cycle. After the first week I fell in love and decided to do the 6 month rotation. I only had one non workout related injury. The rest week before starting Mesocycle 3, I stepped off the curb and jarred my back. I was down for that week and 2 weeks after. Other than that it was smooth sailing. When I started I was in the weight range that I wanted, so I was not concerned about losing weight, which I didnt. I maintained the whole time, but I went from a size 8 to a size 6. I will be 49 on the 10th and I am just overwhelmed with joy.

I am going to do an active rest week then start Strong & Sweaty.

My love of Cathe started way back when, with the Wedding workout. I still have the VHS tape, YUP.

I will be happy to answer questions if any of you peeps have questions.

ETA, I am 5' 9.5"
Did you notice body changes like more muscle definition? Did your upper body gain in size due to muscularity?

Thanks for this thread. It is reassuring to me. (I just started STS this month, for the first time. Planning to do the 6 mo rotation) I am hoping for better muscle definition.

Thinking about this, I should take a before picture or measure myself or something. Have not done that yet (but I am only 2 weeks in, so maybe it isn't too late).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.