STS 6 Month Alumni ***Week of October 23rdt**

cab0899

Cathlete
I'm so excited!!! I ran 6 miles outside today! Did it in 1hr 4min 48 sec according to my Garmin.:eek::D:D

I don't know if you remember but I used to be a runner, 1 full marathon, 3 halfs, etc and I used to love running!! The last few years I've gained a few lbs, and every time I tried running, it just didn't go well. A few weeks ago I had a good 3 mile run on the tm. This morning I woke up early and it was so beautiful out, I thought I would try a slow 3-4 mile walk/run. It felt so good that I ended up doing 6 miles and faster than I thought. Never stopped once.Not as fast as I used to be of course. I'm so pumped, I'm busy planning out different half marathons that I want to do this spring:D:D:D:D

LOVE IT KIM!!!:D:D:D

You are something, keeping up with all you have and mastering your goals too!

Just stopped in to say that the cat seems better but is not really eating so we have vet again tomorrow. I hope they can get this figured out.

TTYL

Wow, Kim, that sounds so great! I remember you had some pf issues, or was that someone else, in the past? I hope all stays well so you can keep enjoying your runs!

Rachel, I hope kitty keeps improving!

I've had an incredibly lazy weekend with way too much food! Hope to snap out of it tomorrow....:eek:

Well Hi Ho Hi Ho its back to work I go. :p
We got a call last Friday to go see a job and DH is supposed to go to a meeting about it tomorrow and then this morning he woke up to a call for a job to start today! I love it but I hate how they always have to bunch up.:rolleyes: All this time we had off and now we are going to be working our pants off to try and keep up probably.

Mabel "the sweet sweet" (what my dh calls her ) is back at the vet today. SHe did not eat the entire weekend.:( So they were supposed to do bloodwork on her today just to see if her levels were going down but I got a call and now they are doing xrays after the blood work came back. I was not able to talk to the vet so I am just in limbo here not knowing the details of why they thought the xrays were necessary but I am trying to just think it is precautionary at this point.:confused: Hopefully.

So going back to work means my schedule is about to change on the yoga front. I guess this means I am going to get to meet all new friends at the 5:45 classes on Tuesday and Friday. I still will get my 2 for Saturday.

Keep you fingers crossed on my kitty.
TTYL

I sure hope your kitty is not seriously sick! And I hope you can take her home soon!

I'm happy to hear that you guys have work, though, even if it is going to keep you on your toes... ;)

Not much going on today. Just the usual....

Hi Girls! I have lots to catch up with you all! Against my better judgement I am taking two classes again (I know I know) but I'll explain later. Buried at work and last week a man like my 2nd dad who I've known all my life died and two weeks ago, my best life friend (we've been friends since we were 6) had emergency triple bypass surgery. She had no symptoms, low blood pressure, normal cholerterol, etc. But she was 90% blocked and could have died! Anyway all is well and I'll explain later.

So the good news...got my Cathe downloads Saturday and peeked at them a little then got my DVD's today! Yes and they came with those discs! Don't know when I get to try them out...but sure am excited to have them!

Kim, so glad your foot is well enough for running! I'll bet you feel exhilerated!

Rachel, yay you're back to work! Just in time for the new Cathe's! LOL! Hope kitty is okay!

Cendrine, you sleepy girl! Hope you're getting ready for Halloween!

I'm off to bed... if nothing else, I hope to try Cathe's cycle workout!

Just a quick note from me.
It is not looking too good for sweet Mabel. She has been diagnosed with kidney stones and since she is not eating they think it might be a little late for treatment. It is crazy how one day they are fine and then the next they are so sick. The vet assured me that all cats are like that. I guess to make me feel like I am no a bad parent but of course I still question all the things I might have missed up until this point. It is very sad around here but we are going to the vet this morning for to see if there are absolutely no options. I will tell yall what comes up.
When I got home last night the dvd's were here so Cathe really worked to get them all out. I hope you get yours quickly Kim.

TTYL
Rachel

Poor kitty! It's so hard to see pets suffer! This is the part I absolutely hate about having pets! I think we are probably going to have to deal with similar things soon, because our cat is really getting old.... I hope you guys will be ok!

Jo, sorry about the loss and health scare! There always seems to be something to keep you on your toes, I hope you get time to process your loss and rest! Lucky you and Rachel already got your DVDS! I think I missed ordering on the firdt day, which probably explains that I don't have them yet... can't wait ;)

Hi Kim, how's the running going?

OK yall another quickie. Hopefully I will have time to post this saga this weekend.

Kitty is going in for surgery today. The vet referred us since he had never done this surgery before but dh decided that since going to Dallas was not an option for us due to work now starting and an aggressive schedule, that we would like him to try it surgery rather just letting her die. Mind you she had not eaten in a week. Then after we stopped by the vet on the way home last night, to discuss having the surgery done, she had eaten a little and was perky! uggghhh sigh...Now I am worried if I should go ahead with the surgery .So this is what we are struggling with today.

I will try and keep yall up to date.

Cendrine-I hope you get your dvd's soon.

Jo-So sorry for your loss and the illness of your friend for life. That is awful.

TTYL

Rachael I sure hope the surgery goes well for kitty. Can't those pets break your heart! DH got a dog bite this weekend. His sister works for the humane society and brings home some older/abused dogs that are hard for them to adopt out. This doggie was all curled up on DH's lap and then he got up to fast and startle her and she bit his thigh:confused: She is very skittish due to her history and he scared her by moving too fast.
Is that 5:45 yoga class in the am or pm?? I'm sure you have some mixed emotions about starting work again but it's probably good that you are have so work going on.

Cendrine I did have some trouble with pf in the past but none this week with the running! Were you able to "snap" out of the laxy weekend??

Jo It's good to see you pop in, but I'm sorry about all the stress in your life! Hopefully you were able to do CycleMax to work out some of the grief and stress.

I haven't been very active this week but plan to go gung-ho with the new workouts once I get them. I'm hoping for early next week. Anyone try any of the workouts yet?

Sorry for no post.
We lost Mabel after the surgery last night and it has just been a really tough night and day. We really knew it was a long shot but I just got so optimistic that it was going to all go in our favor. The vet had sent us pictures during the surgery of both kidneys. There were 2 kidney stones in one kidney and one in the ureter. The other kidney had atrophied and was tiny. When they go in to remove the stones, they just cut the kidney open and remove them and then just put it together, hold it for a minute and then put it back in. So being that it seems like the kidney with the stones in it was the only working kidney, and it was the one they had to cut open, it was just absolutely too much. There really needed to be at least one totally healthy kidney for it to have a chance at success. Just really heart breaking and unbelievable still for us. I have been worried about our dogs for so long getting older and really just did not think about Mabel leaving us anytime soon. :( I guess that goes to show you that worry is for not and life is just unpredictable and we should live each minute as a gift and tomorrow is a fantasy.

So sorry for the sad post but it is really all I have got right now.

Thanks for all of your good wishes. They are not lost on us.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.