<<<~~~ STS 6 Month Alumni Week of March 27 ~~~>>>

Good Morning!

Well our friends came over - we had meat loaf and green beans and then watched Napolean Dynamite (their choice). Very low key evening.

Not much going on today. It's raining, I need to finish laundry and then reading. I have about four chapters to read between both classes. But first...I'm off to do STS total body! Yippeee!!!!!

Have a good day all!

Just a quick post for me too. I am knee deep in laundry duty myself. It is gloomy and alot cooler today. Maybe about 50 compared to yesterdays 88.:rolleyes: So I was putting down windows and and turning the heat back on.

I am going to try and upload those pics now. My internet connection is a little frustrating right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed.:rolleyes:
I will let yall know if it goes through.

I posted a couple more pics. It works so fast sometimes and others is painfully slow.:rolleyes: What gives...?lol

TTYL

Rachel, CUTE pictures!! They all look like sweeties!

Well, you'll be proud of me, I did STS Total Body and I am going to be feeling it tomorrow!!! Oh my! What's nice when you haven't done weight workouts in a while is you can really tell what muscles you're hitting!

Okay, it is now 3:15 and I still haven't gotten a shower! :confused: DH just got home from Costco with lots of goodies and I'm going to make butternut squash soup tonight.

TTYL!

Hi Again! I'm getting ready for bed. I have concrete BUTT and LEGS! Oh I know it'll be worse tomorrow but just wait until Tuesday! Mama Mia! Oh and I feel it in my lats and chest. I forgot how taxing a total body workout is! And oh my I forgot about those paper plate moves! Yowza!!

I didn't make soup tonight as DH made rock fish and salmon for me for lunch. So I fixed us big salads to go with the fish. I've been reading most of the day.

Hope you're all looking forward to a good week! Again, I CANNOT believe March is almost over! Holy Moly!

Tomorrow I'm going to get up and do 30/30 (I'm thinking). We'll see how my legs are...I might have to do something else. LOL! :D

Oh my gosh - I HURT EVERYWHERE!!! There was no way I could get up and workout today! I'm still going to shoot for something tonight but my goodness I am SORE! WoooHooo!!!!

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Well it's spring break from school so the kids and I have the week off! DH didn't take holidays so he's at work. DD really wanted to go get blue streaks in her hair:confused::confused: she's been talking about that for a couple of weeks and I needed to cover my grey (but not with blue:cool:) so we went for a hair appt this morning. Since the hairdresser is close to our old neighbourhood, ds went to hang out with some friends and a couple of them ended up coming home with us so now I have a basement full of 13 yr old boys.
We also went to the eye dr's for dd just for a check and she has no problems but then at the hairdressor's she bought a pair of "fashion" eyewear:rolleyes: I guess fake glasses are in style?? So now she has blue hair and blueglasses.

Cendrine How do you do a bubble inside a bubble??

Rachael Your niece is very pretty I see some family resemblance to you! Looks like a beautiful day! Makes me jealous as I look outside at our dirty snow. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Jo I love the library too!! It's very comforting and all the books are free!! I'm still waiting for my e-reader. Good job with finishing midterms.

The book that was disturbing was James Paterson's Trial, it's about the anti lynching laws around the turn of the century. Very graphic at points.

The get-together was very nice on Sat. I had 7 jurors come and most brought spouses and we had a nice time. 2 people never responded to the invitation and 2 others said they were coming and never showed up. :confused:I had to say that I had 3 glasses of wine and I don't usually drink and way too many "treats". Yesterday I was feeling tired, low energy and still caught up in eating too many of the left over treats.
So today I'm working out Slow & Heavy: Ch/Back and trying to eat healthier.
I've sent all these boys outside to play street hockey so better go workout while they're outside as tonight we have tickets to the hockey game.

BTW, I booked our flights to Disney this morning. We're going New Year's Eve but since I use points, I have to book them early. That was exciting!

Hi Guys,

sorry for the weekend absence, we got really busy...

I just got a really emotionally loaded email from my brother with lots of accusations and very offensive statements towards me after being silent since our last conflict last year.... I am going to totally have to cool off before I respond. You think people would get more mature as they age... Not looking forward to dealing with this one!

Yesterday dh told me he saw a job opening he's applying for in three days... so I guess the campground reservations that I was going to do this week need to be put on hold until we know... Lots of things up in the air!

Where's the chocolate!?!

I started my new rotation of circuit workouts and cardio. I did a total body circuit I had a long time that allows for low impact cardio modifications, I've had it a while, it's not Cathe, but it was what came to mind. I used the vest for the low impact cardio and it almost seemed too tough on my neck and shoulders... Maybe I'll back off a bit...

I have to run and get ds to his P.E. class, so I'll try to check in later to check on your pics, Rachel!

Kim, I was wondering about your e-reader. Let me know your verdict when you get it, I'm starting to feel it might be a good fit for me, but I don't know about library features and such, so would love to hear your experience once you get it!

Jo, take an epsom salt soak, if you can find some time!

Unfortunately I know all too well where the chocolate is, I ate about half but I can send you the other half:rolleyes:

Oh cendrien, so sorry about the conflict with your brother! It's probably harder to work on the relationship when you are so far away from each other.

What kind of job is your DH applying for?? Lots of stress for you this weekend!

CHOCOLATE? I'm in!!! I still have half the box of 24 Hershey bars DH bought me at Costco! Wow, I guess we're all in need!!!

Cendrine, sorry about the family brother stuff! Ugghhh! Just what you need huh? Your circuit workout was probably just what you needed!

Kim, enjoy your week off! How nice! Blue hair and blue glasses huh? LOL! I don't even know what to say to that! :D Blue glasses might be cute! That's one I didn't have to deal with! I just had to deal with reptiles and tarantula's...no blue hair! Glad you had a good weekend.

Hi Hi Rachel!

LOL, Kim, send it on over! Your comment so cheered me up, thank you!

Dh is applying for a similar job he's doing now, basically managing medical equipment installs in hospitals, except this one is not in the private sector but a VA hospital run federally, which he used to do about 10 yrs ago and it was a lot less stressful and demanding of his time. I wonder if anything will come of it...

Late checkin for me...We got off work really early but then came home and worked in the yard for the rest of the afternoon and I am wiped out now. It is really looking nice in our back "yard" though. I do use the term yard loosely though. It is really more wooded but we are clearing out alot of the underbrush now so we are taking over more and more of the back acre. I love love love that new brush hog for the tractor! It is making my life so much easier!!!:cool:

Kim-Don't you hate it when someone says they are coming and don't show up. I would much rather be told that someone is not coming than them know they are not going to make it and tell me they are anyway...did that make sense? lol
I am on chest and back today too and I felt this one. Or should I say I am feeling it now. I had good energy this morning so I got to go with pretty much the same weight she used.
The different colors in the hair is popular here too. Today I saw a girl probably in her 20's with pink in her hair. :rolleyes:

Cendrine-I feel your pain with your brother. I have had my fair share of issues with my family. More so my sister and my parents. Now I just kind of keep my distance from my sister. It is easier to bite your tongue when you don't have anything to say. I hope you are able to calm down before you respond. I know that always helps me be more rational. Esp. when I am pissed. lol And then DH applying for another job. I did not know he was looking.
I hope you got to release some stress with the cardio. I too really tend to feel the tension in my neck and shoulder area. I try to concentrate on relaxing those areas but it still tends to creep there.

Jo-So STS TB kicked your TB huh;) Did you get 30/30 done? You won't believe that there have been no Hiit workouts in this rotation. She did not even put Intensity in this month...thank goodness!!! haha I probably would not have made it.
I feel sort of like a dum dum but what is rock fish? Can you get it at the store locally there or is it something yall catch?

OK I have just a little left on my book so I am going to go and try to finish it without falling asleep.

Have a great night!
Oh and thanks for the sweet comments on my little kiddos...Can you believe my niece thinks that is a horrible pic of her...:rolleyes:Teenagers!lol

Ohhhh I can barely walk! I don't remember my hams ever hurting like this! I say that just because my hams hurt worse than everything else! I purposely went light on the weights too! So Rachel, no I didn't get 30/30 done - I can barely walk up the stairs!! LOL! :eek: TB kicked me good all over! Of course your neice didn't like her darling picture! She's a teenager! LOL!

Rockfish is like red snapper. I believe it's native from our area up to Alaska - we get it fresh. If you like snapper you'd like this. Isn't it nice to get out and work outside with the big boy toy? I was referring to the tractor - I guess it's fun with your other boy toy too! LOL!

Cendrine, is DH wanting to switch because of his job being unstable or just fed up? I remember you said a while back he wasn't real happy.

Off to trudge up the stairs to bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

Good Morning!
This mornings workout IMAX2 ...Done and done for. LOL I don't know who she is kidding when she says that #9 is the last hard one because I find #10 pretty hard after #9! :eek: I am definitely feeling that cardio today.

No work for today so dh and I are off to look for a booster for our little verizon internet thingy...that is the techy term right Jo? haha;)

We are supposed to get storms later today so I want to try and get to town and get back.
I hope you are no where near the mudslides Cendrine!
Jo I saw a story about quick sand in your area. I think...Some kids were playing in what they thought was a mud hole but realized that it was quick sand when they struggled to get out and started going under. Thankfully they all were rescued!!!

Well I better go slap some makeup on my face so as not to scare the towns folk! haha TTYL

I finally had time to go check out your pics, Rachel, very nice, and I see the family resemblance a little too! The sunset pic is nice too!

Jo, sorry about your hams! I have some not so fun memories of hams so sore it hurt walking, too... Hopefully you'll recover quickly!
Dh just is fed up with the hours and the pressure of the job, if they staffed it properly, I think he would actually enjoy the job...

I forgot to comment yesterday on the blue hair and the blue glasses, very age appropriate, I think... LOL!

I did a low impact cardio, really old firm, some odd moves, when you are used to Cathe! I don't feel all that great, I think my neck and shoulders are over stressed. I'm trying to relax as well as I can. Of course I didn't sleep very well last night after getting hit with my brother's nasty email, I kept saying all the things in my head that I knew I was going to choose not to tell him.... :rolleyes: Very constructive, I know.... but I think I'm a bit better today after having some time pass...

This afternoon we get to go to a friend's house. They are foster parenting a cat from the local animal shelter who has just had her 3 kittens yesterday morning, and we get to go play!

How are your legs Jo????

Okay, I'll much rather deal with blue hair/glasses than any kind of reptile:eek::eek:

Rachael It sure sounds like your "backyard" is getting cleaned up nicely! I'm sure it's very satisfying to see the difference. I don't think a teenage girl is ever going to like a picture of herself.

Cendrine Hopefully you got a good night's sleep without fretting about your brother's comments. I bet the kittens were so cute!! Anymore thoughts about fostering a dog? I can picture the weighted vest for cardio being problematic on the neck/shoulders maybe a weighted belt would be better?

The painters are here painting the basement window casings as for some reason that wasn't done before we moved in. They phoned last night and wanted to know if they could come at 8:30 this morning which I knew wouldn't go over well with my teenager who sleeps in the basement so he's sleeping in the great room. When the painters are done my plan is to do High Step Challenge but I guess I'll see what the paint smell is like.

We actually have no plans for today but the kids were talking about wanting to go wall-climbing so maybe we'll do that. Yesterday we went to a Titanic exhibit (travelling exhibit) which was very interesting. Tomorrow ds starts his spring break curling bonspiel and his first game is at 8:30 am across the city, so I will be complaining about that. I think we will be very busy with curling games for the next 3 days and I really don't like watching curling but ds is so excited! DD really does want to go either, curling is so boring to watch! So not sure what she will do. Both grandmas (DM and MIL) love watching curling so hoping they will maybe take ds to some of his games.

The kittens were adorable! They were only a little over a day old! We'll get to go back often, since the shelter wants them well socialized for adoption purposes.
Yes, we are still planning on raising a guide dog puppy, probably not until two years from now, though.

How are the vapors in your house? I hope you don’t have to do curling all three days! Bring a good book! LOL

Jo, how are your muscles this morning? Dh gave my sore neck and shoulders a good rub last night, now they are even more sore...:rolleyes: I put on biofreeze after my shower and stretched real good... I really wanted the weight vest to work for cardio, to make up for only doing low impact... but I'm going to have to rethink that. It works well enough on the tm, but not for floor cardio, I guess.

Are you working at home today again, Rachel?

Good morning...
I think I am getting my energy back. I already have my workout done, laundry going, made granola and cleaned out the refrigerator to find that suspicious and not too friendly smelling item that had gotten pushed to the back and forgotten:eek:.
So now I am just waiting for dh to get back and crank up the chainsaw again. I think this is going to be one of our last cooler weather days so I am going to try to be outside and enjoy it. By Sunday we will back up to the higher eighties and that is getting a little warm for burning brush.

I did HSTA today...I had to check the schedule because I had it written as High step challenge advance and since that really does not exist I wanted to make sure I wrote it down right. That is what she had so I just decided to do HSTA instead of HSC. :rolleyes:

Cendrine-I love kittens! We have not had a kitten or a puppy around here for quite sometime. When we got out cat she really was not a kitten and our girl dog wasn't really a puppy. They were more like teenagers. So I miss how cute and clumsy they are when they are so small tripping over their own feet.
I hope the family issues are getting straightened out.

Kim-I haven't seen that much curling other than the olympics and I can see how it would get pretty boring. I think I would be interested for one match and then they would all seem the same. LOL Don't tell Ds I said that. haha
Did DD get her blue hair? If she does, post pics...I think she would be so cute with the hair and glasses.
I think our school has some sort of policy that you can not have any distracting hair color or piercings...Do yall have that?

Jo-Are you still walking funny? ;) I have not had a good sore like that in a while...I am sure when this rotation is over and there are more leg workouts it will be coming. This rotation has definitely been leg lite.

OK I am off to see what I can get started before dh comes home...I started a new book...The Hangman's Daughter....I think it might be a good one too.

My legs are finally starting to thaw! LOL! Wow! They were sore like the first time you even do a leg workout in your life! LOL! :D Oh yes, I was walking funny and I think groaning a little!

Rachel, I missed the quick sand story! But we have all kinds of interesting dirt in the northwest! :D Can you imagine? That would throw you into a panic! I think you picked the right workout with HSTA! Glad you're feeling energetic again! I did go spin last night and I think that helped finish loosening me up! Enjoy the last cool day. I wish I could say that! Whah! It's pouring rain and I'm sitting here in a sweater and down vest. I'm glad for you you've accomplished so much outside! You are a busy busy girl!

Cendrine, oh kitties! Don't you just love baby animals? I'll bet the kids loved that didn't they? I was going to suggest to you - when I'm really upset about something like your brother :mad:, I get up and write down what I'm feeling or write it like I'm writing it to the person. It helps release it from my mind and then I can sleep. Oh I never tried the vest with floor cardio. I wonder if that caused you to not be balanced properly. Sorry DH made you more sore! Ouch!

Kim, is your week flying by? I hope you're enjoying it! It's funny about the curling; DH and I saw something on TV the other night (I think it was on the Canadian station) about curling and he said he couldn't understand how people could watch it! LOL! That's one of those sports that really makes you wonder how it got started. Well, good luck with that! ;) Seriously hope ds has fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.