STS 6 Month Alumni ***January 2012***

Good Sunday!!!
It seems like since I made my new years goal to go to everything I am invited to this year...I have been a little busier than usual. Not greatly so but I went to a friends house in a town about an hour from us last Sunday night and then out to dinner with some old high school friends on Thursday night. THis is highly unusual for me since those were both work nights for me so getting up early after going to bed late 2 times in one week has gotten me a little fatigued and trying to catch up. LOL So far though it has been great fun and totally worth the lack of sleep.
So sorry about the sporadic posting myself. I think it is fine as long as we are all still keeping in touch.;) I am starting to see how a busy life really can get in the way of me sitting at the computer longer...LOL

Cendrine-We are going to San Jose Del Cabo. The funny thing about how long I have know my friend...Well I have been doing yoga about 7 or 8 months so about that long...LOL But when dh and I used to belong to this other gym she was the membership coordinator. I did not really get to know her personally though until yoga though.
I had to laugh about your book widower comment because dh plays this video game sometimes and I think he said they call the wives skyrim widows. I really don't mind though, that way I get to read without interruption.;)

Kim-Are you liking the rotation?
You must have needed that sleep. I don't do that too often either but when I do I seem to have the same affect. Just a great day afterward. I hope you got to reap the benefits of all that extra sleep!

Going to go see what I can get into today!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

A boy on ds's hockey team (the other goalie) got a broken arm yesterday. A player from the other team ran into him, tripped over the goalie's stick and fell on the goalie's arm. The poor kid, it's a bad fracture and he's casted shoulder to hand. It happened yesterday and he did come watch the game today so he's feeling okay. Poor kid!

That's an interesting new year's eve resolution! Should be a busy but fun year for you!

Did Back and Triceps (sts #2) today and then went crosscountry skiing (4km) this afternoon. I am enjoying this rotation so far, lots of variety.

Poor kid, Kim, I'm glad he was back to watch... sleeping in that long sounds great! I don't think I've done that since being a teenager...

Rachel, your social life sounds fun! I'm thinking that kind of resolution would do me good too... lol!

We were at Disney land yesterday, the lines were awesome, rides that usually have a 1 hr wait, were walk in, the max wait we did was about 20 min... we were quite happy!

But the kids were showing signs of being overstimulated today.... oh well...

I did a 90min walk on the T-Mobile when we got home and then realized that that was more than I had energy for, so I went to bed early:rolleyes:

Did Athletic Training to finish week 2, looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. I think Athletic Training is my favourite of the new workouts.

Have the kids settled down from the day at Disney yet??

I did muscle Max yesterday and am doing more TM today.

The kids are recovered, I think...:rolleyes:

I'm reading a really funny book that D's will do this fall, it's a historical children's novel and quite cute and funny! It takes place during the gold rush, I wish I had time to tell some of the funny stories in it!

Thursday already!
Sorry for the MIA but it got kind of hectic around here. My mom was admitted to the hospital Monday for pneumonia and no one told me till yesterday morning!. My brother knew but he had been teaching some classes all week and assumed that I knew. That is the bad thing about not having a home phone with an answering machine anymore. Luckily she was released today but I am afraid that she will not follow their recommendations. :rolleyes: I can only hope.

Kim-That poor kid! So he is definitely out for the season I am assuming?
You are just really tearing that rotation up ! I love the athletic training workout too.

Cendrine- I am a horrible hermit for the most part but see the need for me to be more social! And really so far so good.:D I think this is going to be good for me.
I can not imagine Disney with no lines..or short ones! That is luck!!!

Oh and I forgot to tell yall that my sister had her baby last week. So finally I think we can relax a little knowing that she is not going to be able to have anymore. I know that is terrible to say but I think in this situation it is the best. Oh and it was a boy...that makes three boys. Should be an interesting next 18 years.:rolleyes:

Wow Rachel, lots of family things going on for you! How close is your mom and sister from where you live?

Dhaka is sick and has been for the past 3 days, poor guy, he is miserable, but on a happy note none of us have caught it!:D

Oh Rachael, lots of family stuff going on for you! Hope everyone is doing well! Does your sister have the baby?

Cendrine, what is ds sick with? Seems to be lots of colds going around.

Busy here, did STS Meso#3 Chest/Back with DH. Organzing a one year reunion for the jury at my place and

I signed up for Chicago roadtrip!

Okay I'm very excited and lots nervous! I was able to get a cheap flight using airmile points so the flight was only $190. I'm going to share a room with Patricia, who checked in with us for awhile to share costs.
Kind of in shock!

Yay it's the weekend! So nice to have some downtime. Got up early and went for groceries and then came home and did Slide & Glide. Not much else happening, got some friends coming over tonight and just doing some housecleaning. What is everyone else up to for the weekend.

I also did STS # 26 Plyo Legs yesterdays so far sticking to the rotation.

Oh My Gosh Kim!!!!!

I would probably be jumping out of my skin with excitement! That is just too cool. SO now I will feel like I have 1 degree of separation from Cathe;)
I know I am behind but when is it?!!!

Cendrine-Are all your kids still juicing? Poor DS! But that is a good note...that you are all still well.
My gf's husband is fasting off and on:rolleyes: but still drinking juice ( so not fasting. LOL) but he seems to having a hard time with the vegetable juices. I am not sure of the details really...Just not liking the flavors. Any tips?

My sister does have the baby. I am still not her favorite person due to the first baby incident so I have not seen him yet. I am hoping that there are plenty of eyes on them though. It is not that I think they would purposefully be harmful ...It is really hard to put into words what I feel about them. I feel for the kids. They are going to be the ones that lose in this situation. But I really am at a loss of what to do about it. I am kind of removed from the situation.

A week and a day until we go to Mexico! Really still not sunk in to me yet. :D I feel just very fortunate that I am going. I think I am the only one in my side of the family that will ever travel outside of the US. I think back to when I was young and that was never even talked about. My brother only recently took his first plane. So I can not say exactly how I feel about that either. Just loved and fortunate I guess. LOL;)

Kim, I am excited to hear all the details first hand of this trip!!!

How exciting, Kim! And How fun to get to go with Patricia! I'm sure you guys are going to have a great time! When is the Rt ?

And Rachel, you got some fun times ahead too! Yes, we are still juicing and I'm getting better and better at improvising, it's a lot of fun!

Dh is still coughing and has the chills off and on but I think he's on the mend.

He just told me that he applied for a job in Portland( one that would be a lot more stress free) can't say that I love the thought of moving, but something tells me that he's going to get it... he has already been finding houses available in Portland and looked where the closest Costco and whole foods are...:eek::eek:
Seriously though, the amount of stress he's been under has been worrisome for his health, and I'd rather move than deal with the worst case cenario of what this stress might do to him. He used to work in a federal job and has only 5 yrs left for a good pension, so he has been looking to get out of the private sector for years to finish up in a government job. Of course he hasn't heard anything yet, but you know how the mind starts going 100 miles a minute....

Lots of excitement in our little group!
That would be great if you DH could find a job that is less stressful and maybe have more time at home with you. It's always lots of work to move but sounds like it would be worth the effort. When do you think DH will find out about the job??

The road trip is April 13-15 so I'm only away from home for 2 nights. I flight out early Friday morning and come back Sunday evening.

Rachael, I have some family members that travel alot. My sister who is married with 2 kids travels constantly for work. The also love their vacation so they came with us to Florida for 2 weeks and now they have booked a family cruise for March. Their kids (ages 12 and 14) are so well travelled!. I think cruises alone they have been on 5?? Yet, I am so nervous about travelling to Chicago by myself although I know my sister goes there on business by herself all the time.

I guess the more you do it, the more comfortable you get with it. Some people start travelling and fall in love with it. My FIL and his wife never travelled and tried one trip a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. I think in the last 2 years, they have been on a number of cruises, Hawaii, Europe etc. And this is the FIL that used to tell us not to waste money on vacations then he got bitten by the travel bug.

We had friends over last night and they stayed till 2am!! Way past my bedtime but it was fun! (although too many yummy treats) so slept in a bit this morning. Then got up and did STS Disc #27 Sh/Bi/Triceps. Now we are heading out to watch ds's hockey game and then to skating on the river! Haven't been skating yet this winter as it's been too warm! They were just able to open the river for skating this week! Very warm winter this year for us.

Skating on the river sounds so much fun, Kim! There was this little pond near a forests in my village where we used to go skating when it froze over, I have fond memories of it. and of course in the spring we would go back to it to get frog eggs to watch them turn into tadpoles etc...:rolleyes:

I had a layover in chicago airport one time on my trips over from Europe, it is huge! At least it seemed that way to me! LOL! Just follow the signs... worked for me LOL!

I haven't really travelled much except for when I went back and forth before getting married and settling down here. I don't much care for the trouble of packing and all, but end up liking the trips well enough. I guess not enough to take initiative too often to plan a new getaway.... I'm definitely a home body.

I've had my fair share of treats this weekend too, Kim. So tomorrow I'm getting back to clean eating. Did I tell you guys I have signed up at our local organic farm for a produce box once a week? It's kind of fun, now menuplanning kind of gets dictated by what I find in the box. I pick up the box on Thursday right here at the local school and then I make my menuplan and get what additional things I need from the store on Friday.

I made a Peruvian soup today for dinner using stuff from the box, and the cool thing is, whatever I don't know what to do with I just put in the juicer...LOL

Kim, I have no idea how long it will take for dh to know about the job, he said it might take as long as 4 weeks? He said they had posted this same position twice before, the first time he said: naaah, the second time he didn't get some things in on time so this time he's doing it proper (he is that done with where he's at) so I'm thinking this might be it.

You will laugh, but the temps there are about an average of 20 degrees lower than here and probably 60% more rain than I'm used to....:( What ever will I do without my sunshine.... I'll keep you posted!

Yes I think with a new year comes a lot of change for us...Lots of firsts.
Kim I have not traveled much in the first place so traveling by myself would be a little scary but I think it is in my future. I want to attend yoga conferences in the future and I am not quite sure if DH is going to be too keen on going to those. LOL Then again he might totally surprise me.

I have a lot planned this week (so I am hoping that the time will go by fast) but not too fast that I don't get my little projects completed.
I am not sure if I mentioned this but we were on a job last week with some family members of my best girlfriend in high school. We had a falling out and lost track of each other and before I came to my senses and realized how stupid our argument had been...She got killed in a car wreck. It is a big regret of mine but also a reminder that you just can not wait to mend fences. And somethings are not worth holding onto. Anyhow. I had not seen any of her family since the funeral that was some years ago. To make a long story short...one of my goals this week is going to see her mother. She works at her sons shop and I am looking forward to seeing her since I spent so much time at her house when I was in my teens.

Cendrine- Well I think this might actually be fate that we meet because after we get back from Mexico I was going to start planning our trip to Oregon! So we will just have to see how this pans out. I do feel for you on the weather change. We are used to weather changing at the drop of a hat here but I am not sure how I would like rain rain rain. But knowing you a little I am sure you will figure out some way to make it work for you and the kiddos...

Kim- I have been such a home body for so many years. I think I need a little adventure. Of course I still have the puppies to think about but luckily I have my dad to look after them.
I did not know skating on a river was even possible...a lake maybe but not a river. I can not believe how cold it is there!!!

OH I wanted to share this with yall too. My mother, who has smoked for 43 yrs, has not had a cigarette since she was admitted to the hospital on The 23rd. And she has been out of the hospital since Thursday. I am trying to not get my hopes up but I do hope like heck that she is done with them for good! So send some good vibes her way if you think about it.

Have a great Monday!

Okay, quick vent before personals. FIL is visiting from the coast. You know how much I love my FIL:rolleyes::rolleyes: First on Sunday DH invited him and his siblings over for dinner on Tuesday(yes after work I want to make supper for 8 people), he took one look at my face and changed the invitation to going to a restaurant. Of course DH/ds manage to leave after 45 mins to go to ds's hockey practice (DH is coach). DD and I got to listen for another 60 mins about the neighbour's cat, stamp collecting, every person he meet on their last cruise, etc etc. At least SIL and BIL were at the other end of the table keeping me entertained with funny faces. Well at least all I have to do is nod lots and keep my thoughts to myself.

Just full from supper so taking a little break and then I'm off to do Cardio Supersets to complete week#3!

Cendrine The size of the Chicago airport scares me a little, okay alot! The shuttle from the airport to the resort is super expensive! I was toying with the idea of renting a car but I think with the size of Chicage (freeways, etc) I better not attempt it.
The river skating was fun but cold! I hadn't dressed warm enough, there was a cold wind blowing so didn't stay out too long. I'm sure you'll adjust to the new temps, it would be the cloudiness that I would have a hard time getting used to.

Rachael What a wonderful goal you set! I'm sure her mom will be thrilled to see you! I remember you mentioning your friend before. Please let us know how it goes. I hope your mom does well with trying to quick smoking, it is such a difficult thing to achieve.

There is still room on the Chicago roadtrip if anyone is interested:cool::cool:

I totally hear you on the in-law thing.... Had to laugh, you have such a funny way of describing it! LOL My dh could so have been your dh, cluelessly inviting people over for dinner because hey, cooking looks so effortless when dw does it... lol! Nice that he picked up on your face and changed plans though!

I remember a similar situation when dh left me alone with his family way early before we were even married and I felt so abandoned.... :rolleyes: There isn't much you an do it a situation like that! I'm glad you survived it lol

I did high reps today before lunch, I almost never work out at that funny time of the day, but dd had had one of those days just drove me up the walls and I needed an outlet, and I hadn't worked out yet so I did high reps and the soundtrack acutally helped put me in a better mood....:rolleyes:

Rachel, let us know how your meeting with your friend's mom goes. I think it is nice that you are doing that and it might actually give you some closure somehow.

Are you starting to pack things and get ready for your trip yet?

It feels like in forever since I've posted! How is everyone?
Rachel, I'm guessing you are out of town?

I seem to have tendinitis in my shoulder.... so I'm not doing any upper body work for a while, focusing on lb instead. I'm fighting what Dhaka had a week ago... I'm not as bad as he is but bad enough to stay in my PJ's yesterday...

What's. New with you, Kim?

I'm holding off preordering the new DVDs. I think they are a bit too intense for me for the season I'm in, and they sound a bit too drill like, I like things more playful and dancey... what about you guys?

Cendrine, good to hear from you. Sorry but we actually started a February thread.

So what happened to your arm? Was there a specific incident or just an overuse injury?

I have preorder Cathe's new dvds!! I really like Afterburn and Athletic Training so hopefully will enjoy the new workouts as well.

I finished the first month of the 3 month rotation and working on my rest week:p:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.